Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TATW Links For Mod & All Patches & Instuctions How to Install !!!

Icon3 TATW Links For Mod & All Patches & Instuctions How to Install !!!

This is a mod to one of the greatest games ever made and its free, They have worked on it for over a year and still working on it, Now I want to go ahead and personaly Thank King Kong and The entire TATW Team for all they have done one this wonderful mod Now you do need to buy or get the game Medieval II Total War and its expantion named Kingdoms, once you have that ...

For starters YOU MUST REMOVE ALL PREVIOUS TATW MODS OR SUB-MODS BEFORE INSTALLING THE 2.0

To start the Fellowship Campaign you have to start it on Very Hard difficulty
    If you cant start a campaign and/or getting an unknown CTD follow this intructions:[source]Vista or Windows 7 users, disable UAC! How to do that? Vista or Windows 7 users, disable UAC! How to do that? For Vista look here, for Windows 7 look here!

Restoring Arnor : First play as Eriador
    Step 1: Capture Hoarwell, Tharbad and Coldfells while retaining control of your starter settlements.
    Step 2: Secure an alliance with Gondor
    Step 3: Build the House of Kings in Annúminas (Requires a large city, best way to achieve this fast is to use Aragorn as a governor in Annúminas and set taxes to low and focus on farms/culture buildings first)

(Note; You can complete these steps in any order but this is probably the most natural progression)

If you get a CTD while doing Frodo quest, Ithilien , Then go here
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

NOTE : IF IN BATTLE YOU GET THE WHITE UI THEN DELETE m2tw/mods/Third_Age/data/ui/battle.sd
    NOTE : In some system the path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\data\ui\battle.sd

You need to download

TATW_2.0_Part1of2.exe

TATW_2.0_Part2of2.exe

TATW 2.0 alternative links each link is 500mb

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

TATW_2.1_ Patch.exe

For the TATW 2.1 Patch you must right click on it once you have downloaded it and change the name from "TATW_2.1_Patch[2]" to "TATW_2_1_Patch[1].exe" to get it to work.

After downloading everything make a folder on you desktop and put all of the downloads you just downloaded into them, they all should have an installer and all should be a certain size in each file, it should look like this If it dosen't then you got a bad download and you will have to redownload it again...

Then follow these instuctions on installing

1 : Install Medieval 2 Total War update to latest patch. {which is the 1.3}
    http://www.gameborder.com/game/Medieval%20II%3A%20Total%20War%20Patch%20v1.3/

2 : Install Kingdoms "Just one campaign is needed" make sure it is the 1.5, if not, update to the 1.5 for the EU vertion go here
    for the Non-Gold vertion go here

3 : Install The Third Age 2.0 part 1 & part 2 & 2.1 Patch to in Medieval 2 Total War main directory will look something like this 'Programs/SEGA/Medieval II Total War' or if you have Windows 7 it should look like this

4 : Play game by hitting desktop icon "looks like the Ring" If the desktop ring does not appear or is not working then all you need to do is fine the .bat file which it should be located here "C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age\Third Age.bat" then once you find it just right click on it and make it a shortcut on your desktop then double click on it and the game will start....

This Mod is a work in progress and there will be many patchs before its complete so if you want to know more on it you can go to there websight here

or here

If your download stops or just doesn't resume then, If you use IDM, this is my way: Stop the downloading, resume and it'll open moddb page (because it can't resume, or you can open moddb by yourself), click download again (with IDM), but don't start download. Just copy the URL link, then come back to the file that stopped, right click -> properties, and paste the URL link to "address". Then OK and resume it. It's work for me, hope for you too. Good luck.

If you have the Steam vertion then go here
    or here
    they will both help you out, the instuctions I have is for the store bought cd's...

If you need any further help just leave me a message here or on my profile on TW websight here
    , or Here
    Just leave me a message... Enjoy...

And if you want to know when the next patch is out then read this : When is the Release date ?
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterBigAb View Post
    Well who knows...
    What I lately read and found very good, it's from the FAQ of another mod and it can be used for us as well 100% :

"There isn't one. The Devs are working on the new version, but even we don't know when it will be done. The reason we don't even like to hint at a date is that even our guesses could very well be off by months, thus getting people's hopes up for nothing. We don't like doing that. Be assured that we are just as eager to finish as you all are to play."

"I know it often seems that we come down hard on people, or are just plain bad tempered, but please try to bear with us. Firstly, we've been at this a long time, and the continual repetition of the same old questions would begin to tell on anyone. Secondly, we all have lives. Some of us are hard up college students, most of us have jobs, and all of us have lives outside the computer. We work on TA in our spare time, and for enjoyment. That enjoyment can begin to pall when people start demanding things as if they have a right to our time or work. I would say this is largely why TA development is as hush hush as it is. We're here to have fun, we aren't a corporation. Most of the time it's simply easiest not to say anything, and work at our own sustainable pace."
    Last edited by Legolose; October 25, 2011 at 06:53 AM.
    I KNOW MY NAME IS supposed TO BE MISPELLED
    Please leave your name if you give me rep, so I can rep you back thanks

Default Re: TATW Links For Mod & All Patches & Instuctions How to Install !!!

For Steam users you can also use this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334458

"BUMP"

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Quote Originally Posted by Legolose View Post
    NOTE : OK GUYS I'M BACK...FINELY GOT THE NEW COMPUTER GOING SO HERE WE GO !!!
    Haha congrats lol, nice thread +Rep.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Got one thing to say...

LEGOLOSE!!!!!!!!

I was downloading patch 1.3 and left to go to my friends house. When I came back it was gone! No install thingy or anything! I am not sure if it downloaded but I checked the menu picture that said TATW 1.3. Is it installed or not?

Quote Originally Posted by drogoth232 View Post
    I was downloading patch 1.3 and left to go to my friends house. When I came back it was gone! No install thingy or anything! I am not sure if it downloaded but I checked the menu picture that said TATW 1.3. Is it installed or not?
    If you started the game and it said 1.3 then ..Yes it is installed..Dont know how but it is installed

"BUMP"

Sorry for the double post..

NOTE : Can someone make this a Sticky thread Thx...

I agree sticky this thread, chop chop!

Quote Originally Posted by Legolose View Post
    If you started the game and it said 1.3 then ..Yes it is installed..Dont know how but it is installed
    Yay I have a super computer!!

On the other hand great job! It would take me forever to get from all over the site. Someone should sticky this

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

sticky plox.

Baron Samedi's Avatar Citizen

I don't think this thread will be made sticky, because you can already find all TATW installation links & instructions in the regular ''Third Age - Total War 1.4 Released!'' thread (with the exception of the M2TW patch links). So you can't blame the mods really.
    Under the patronage of MasterBigAb

Its way more in depth though, tailor made to help those with no experience with mods and only want to chop some Elf heads.

Who are we to deny them that right?

what patch do i need ?
    God dam, I wish Boromir survived

Quote Originally Posted by Hospitallers Kane View Post
    what patch do i need ?
    What do you mean? You need every patch.

sorry not clear enough i meant
    what patch should my kingdoms be?

1.05 or 1.04.

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Samedi View Post
    I don't think this thread will be made sticky, because you can already find all TATW installation links & instructions in the regular ''Third Age - Total War 1.4 Released!'' thread (with the exception of the M2TW patch links). So you can't blame the mods really.
    Yeah but you dont realize how many people on here and on Moddb ask for detailed "How to install" help and where to get all the patches at, so I decided to make one for them

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Yes, people seem to think that the installation is really straight forward but in some circumstances it's not. That's why I support a 2.0 version, if manageable.

One suggestion, get rid of the spoilers they are kind of irritating.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast