View Poll Results: WORTH IT??

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES!!!

40 57.97%
  • NO!!!

29 42.03%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: THE GREAT QUESTION - WORTH THE MONEY?

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: THE GREAT QUESTION - WORTH THE MONEY?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Of the ETW AI isn't broken why did Kieran of CA call it a 'Beaten Donkey' at the SF preview event?
    Ask him, I am not Kieran. If it was broken, I, nor anybody else for that matter, would not be able to play it. And yet I routinely play against even the famous "broken" AI and still have fun. Unless I am delusional and incorrect about actually having fun. Which would be odd.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

gord96's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
    6.5 hours of play in Including drop in battles and I must say that this game totally rocks.

I stayed up to 1 AM playing the dam thing. Worth the money.. Hell yeah.
    i agree. so much fun. great details in the game.

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hresvelgr View Post
    Ask him, I am not Kieran. If it was broken, I, nor anybody else for that matter, would not be able to play it. And yet I routinely play against even the famous "broken" AI and still have fun. Unless I am delusional and incorrect about actually having fun. Which would be odd.
    I didn't say you weren't having fun, its just that we find it odd that in the age of muskets it is almost impossible to actually exchange msuket fire with the AI because of blobbing and the melee bug. If the AI were funtional, blobbing would not be an issue nor would the melee bug.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

PumpkinBread's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Thoragoros View Post
    Of the ETW AI isn't broken why did Kieran of CA call it a 'Beaten Donkey' at the SF preview event?
    Psychological, 'you don't want this old game, buy our new shiney!!'

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bum View Post
    I just bought it for $40 over Steam.

It is still downloading but I still believe it will be well worth the money!
    Can you download it already on steam ?

its not worth 50 but 40 is fine

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by ElSypatiko View Post
    Can you download it already on steam ?
    If you live in America or Canada yes. Anywhere else and you have to wait until the 26th.

P.S. NTW has seriously been the most fun I've had on a TW game since the release of M2TW and RTW

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I sure hope so!! Ordered it from Steam a month or two ago, but I won't be able to play it before friday (EU launch).

Let me get this right. CA is a company based in England and Australia. The branch making NTW is the UK based one. Okay... So why on earth are the North Americans getting the game before Europe? Does it have something to do with SEGA?
    Last edited by Aeneas Veneratio; February 24, 2010 at 04:01 AM.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Delysid's Avatar Tiro

I think you people are forgetting the 2 weeks difference between u.s and eu launch for medieval 2 tw. This is only a few days, its not the end of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus_54 View Post
    Definently not worth the money. NTW is just a patch over the game with a couple added front-tier regions with removed global campaign map as well as northern scandinavia and turkey.
    Not to mention they probably still make you pay redicilious prices for units.

Only reason why it would be buyable is if really does carry modding tools.
    Unless you've actually played the game, you're in no position to be telling people how bad you think it is. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtCoolBeans View Post
    I always thought empire was cool regardless of the flaws (probably helped that I got a better computer lol) and I was a little skeptical about this one mainly because of the more linear campaign mode. And the fact that they said it was going to have better graphics (which is good but Empire ran really slow sometimes and I was worried this would do the same)

But I must say now it is so much better. For starters I put everything on ultra (which i didn't have for empire and its on the same computer) it ran so much smoother. Its grittier (sp?) and a lot more real. Empire was cool but it felt rather cartoonish sometimes. This one is much better.

The addition of multiplayer campaigns is really nice I like it a lot. Its nice to have a human to interact with (one downside is that the multiplayer campaigns only allow 2 people which is a bummer i hope they change this).

I haven't got to try the new napoleon campaigns but the large sandbox one seems fun and open ended.

oh and the A.I. is better that is for sure. Not as good as a human player but a lot better than in Empire. I was testing my game and putting it on ultra so I had the a.i on the standard difficulty level and even on that difficulty level they flanked my army and actually stayed in a volley against me instead of running at me like complete idiots. I'm actually going to have to think a little bit more when it comes to playing a computer which I like.

I have a few beefs which are

1. the new unit card design- it looks rather ...... unfinished, at least in my mind. Its nothing big but it just kind of bugs me because the unit cards look like toy soldiers.

2. While the units do have varying stats for different nations so the line infantry is not all the same, there aren't that many units to choose from (granted I did not get the limited addition one which probably helps). This is not to big deal because there is still a decent selection.

thats about it so far as I can tell the simple answer to your question is yes, yes it is most definitely worth your money
    I wouldn't worry too much about unit variety. Modders will likely release some good unit packs in the near future. And if you're willing to fork over the $, CA will probably release their share of additional DLC's over the next few months.

Hi fellows,

As long as one enjoys his game, may it be ETW or NTW, that's what really counts at the end don't you think ?
    Like many of you here and since Shogun, I have been playing TW games for years now, and I am still amazed by what CA was able to make for us finally (a true revolution in 3D Strategic and Historical games when you think about it !).
    For sure there is not any perfect game nor any perfect policy in improving or selling games but I am still convinced that our gaming world would not be as enjoyable as it is, without the TW serie and games like RTW, MTW, ETW and now NTW.
    We are lucky they once thought about making such great games when you think that 90% of the games in those days are FPS.
    I am still playing ETW (with a few wonderful mods added I must confess) as my intention since I got the game has been to complete every single campaign related to every single nation and it takes time ;-)
    Though I am more interested in Seven Years War Era than Napoleonic Era. I will of course come to NTW next.
    Furthermore, since I have heard that they are already working on an ACW related game … just kidding’ you guys ! ;-)

Enjoy your battles fellows and keep your flanks secured
    ;-)
    Barbac

This thread convinced me. Gonna buy it in july after the exams.

Q.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

You may only judge the game if you've played it, I wonder how the reviews for game would be if reviewers didn't have to play the game before judging it.
    Last edited by Greve Af Göteborg; February 24, 2010 at 06:41 AM.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

This poll is inherently flawed as it allows people to vote, but not to disclose whether they bought the game or not. As so many people have already voted it would be a huge pain in the ass to change the poll.

GrnEyedDvl's Avatar Liberalism is a Socially Transmitted Disease
    Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Closed, and opened another poll with better options.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123