- scripted back in regular costs for agents and generals bodyguard (player only), as a result the start is back to DLV level financially
- gave all faction (some were left out before) exactly the same extra starting troops (they aren't flavor or canon but work best in autoresolve for the moment cost/effectivenesswise)
- to balance that slowed down the AIs expansion a little bit, also made AI less suicidal (early game faction destruction avoided, hopefully)
- changed general 3 turn recruitment to 2 turns for infantry and 4 turns for cavalry, ships more, AI can still handle financially and doesn't need money script
- very slightly increased merc refresh rates
- moved another fort and made all fort commanders little kids (so they will stay in there for the longest possible time, when the general dies the captain will usually leave the fort)
- gave Inverness to scotland from the start
- made changes to dark age so factions who don't border the player still know what to do (kill each other)
- early growth of settlements best achieved with tax rate normal or low if governor present, high taxes lower growth more, Ai can handle as it gets extra boni
- doubled the severety of inflation in terms of costs, trying to achieve the same +/- treasury pingpong effect the negative events caused before by that, without killing the AI
Plans for next version:
- working on slowly upping refreshment rates of units and mercs
- with the current settlement_mechanics it's almost impossible to reach citadel level for castle, before the next dark age kills you again, I am trying two approaches here, with added healthbonus for buildings vs. half effective squalor for castles
- working on a basic reemerging faction script
- putting in descriptions for the stuff i found is working
- beginning to design a different americas invasion method with possibilities for all factions and different armies through different ages (long term goal)
- The best way would be to make a copy of the folder where you installed 6.3 beta, rename it to your liking, fix the references and the shortcut like described in this thread (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334563) and then copy the contents of my zip into it. So you can have the original 6.3, and my changes at the same time.
- Alternatively make a backup of the original files first and then copy the contents directly in your 6.3 version dlv_ext folder (not recommended)
- Decline the money script for the AI, it does not need it. Play with everything else if you feel lucky. I recommend additional region and troops cost but not the restrictions to recruitment and building.
- Even though the time between dark ages is relatively peaceful an AI invasion is possible, especially with low garrisoned regions
- Diplomcy allows right of passage, if the faction doesn't see you as trusted ally and your reputation is not near immacualte (which is possible to reach before the first dark age, hard to regain it afterwards) it'll cost money (around 10k should do it), client states are modded out to prevent one faction getting all the money of an other faction at once (AI is saving up a lot of dough towards the endgame)
- Raising an army takes time, you need to plan ahead many years
- Try to extend your empire to easily defendable positions before the first dark age, with my changes every neighbor will come at you in full force, resulting in a multi front war that will be very hard to win. Also put some extra armies in the forts so you have replacement troops during the dark age, remember that you cannot raise an army as fast as in the original. Expect to loose regions during the dark age depending on the faction you are playing.
- the mercenary event is good, but remember that the AI will also get these mercenaries you get, mercenaries on the campaign map are cheaper but rare