Thread: Mod Compatibility

Default Mod Compatibility

Hi all,
    I was just wondering if this mod was compatible with This mod:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=278322
    If not is there any other mod compatible with The Rights of Man that you can play the pirates Faction.

WarnerVH's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Mod Compatibility

Generally there are two types of mods for any total war game. The first type of mod I consider mega mods. These are complete overhauls of the ETW game. These mega mods include but are not limited to The Rights of Man, Imperial Splendor, A Proper Empire, and in this case The Pirate Mod. These mods generally overhaul the entire game and modify most if not all the core files that run ETW.

The second type of mod for total war games are what I call submods or mini mods. These mods do not change any core aspects of the game but only one small part. These mods generally include mods such as MechDonalds Smoke mod, most unit skin re texture mods, sound mods, and mods that unlock the minor factions in the game.

Generally you can mix and match one mega mod with many sub or mini mods without any interference from the two or more mods running together. As long as its only one mega mod with mini mods running in the background. This, however, is not always the case because some mega mods change enough of the core files that and running a mini mod would cause unforeseen problems.

Also generally you cannot run two mega mods. Such as the Pirate Mod and any other mega mod.

Now.... it's not impossible. But you would have to know enough of how to modify the particular files yourself so that the two mods do not conflict with each other.

While I'm in no way an expert... my professional unprofessional opinion on your question is...

probably not.

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Mod Compatibility

Why would you want to combine them anyway? Their goals are diametrically opposed.

Given that one mod seeks to make the game historically accurate and realistic, and the other seeks to emulate Pirates of the Carribbean. :p
    Most Serene.