Thread: Russian Civil War Mod

Default Russian Civil War Mod

The premise of this mod is to recreate the conflicts taking place in Russia (and to some degree, the rest of eastern Europe) 1917-1923. It will be historically correct in some manners, but some will be given up for the sake of gameplay.

This will be moved to Napoleon as the engine fits the setting to a greater extent, but there will most likely be one release for Empire before that. This version doesn't aim to be particularly elaborate, but is not far from completion.

Factions will include the Russian Republic, Soviet Russia, the remains of Tsarist Russia, and various smaller nationalist movements, although the first release will just have the first two.

The Empire version will probably not feature a campaign, but will be focused around custom battles.

Some screens from a battle are attached, these are only the first 5 / 14 but I can't seem to get them all uploaded at the same time.

Default Re: Russian Civil War Mod

Double-posting for the rest of the screens.

Looks very interesting, my friend! Good luck with it!

Very nice! Could you please show us more pictures from your modification?

Well, I just tested the loading screens, they seem to be working.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

The Olpechnie Hats would also fit for some of the troops if you move the mod to Napoleon.

Not sure which ones those are, but many models look useable.

These are French and British forces that interfered in the war. The way things are going the mod is drifting into a mod about the period in europe rather than the specific conflict. I'll try and stay clear of WW1, which would be mostly over by the time the campaign begins.

This mod looks realy kool, ive been looking for this typ of mod for a long time, but what are those short muskets? and i one of the pictures they look like bunderbusses.

Those are breach-loading rifles, used in ETW by one British unit, but I use them for all ranged troops as they look more modern in animation. Not sure whether I can attach a bayonette to it though, which would be ideal.

As for the mod itself, it moved a bit, and the Russian civil war is now just a part of it. I want it to be about the first quarter of the 20th century, with revolutions and government types being in conflict, plus the alliances of various nations. A bit like Hearts of Iron in a way, yet not quite. Not a WW1 mod, but set in that era. I mean, I pretty much have all the early era units figured, many of them just need some tweaking from ETW. I didn't realize at first that hussars, uhlans and dragoons were all actually in use.
    I've even figured out how to use airplanes.
    I also realized that soviet flag is all wrong, that one was adapted in the 50's or something. Anyways. I don't think there will be an ETW release, as I'll get NTW today. What I've done so far is testing, and I think a lot of it like flags and such can easily be transferred.

And I found a way for there to be two possible revolutions in Russia, that can happen at once. It's simply a matter of having soviet rebels, or rebels who form that country if they take a region, spawn in St Petersburg, and republican rebels spawning in Moscow. Can't believe I didn't think of that at once.