Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Steam Mod Installer Tool

Default Re: Steam Mod Installer Tool

I know Shogun 2 has recently come out and people probably quit playing this but I was just looking to see if anyone ran into any other bugs or had any suggestions for improving the application. If so just post here and I will get them looked into as soon as I can.

yeah i got a problem theres no problem sending but when i select the mod i want to play it dosent apear in the luncher.

sorry if i missed something and its me doing something wrong but anyways it seems very nice and i relly want to play the third age mod.

I know little English and I needed help thrid Age Total War, and everything works fine, but has one problem.Uvek when I go into battle appears white below with the army and the command and not to press for example run, pause, stop attacks and so dalje.Jel anyone know this problem? Advance and be grateful to me urgently: (i can not wait to play pls pls

I'm having the same problem with Retromod. It isn't detecting kingdom install in the steam folder. Your program works to create the folder and launch path, but the actual exe isn't installing because it is unable to find a valid install.

Quote Originally Posted by rasmusreimer View Post
    yeah i got a problem theres no problem sending but when i select the mod i want to play it dosent apear in the luncher.

sorry if i missed something and its me doing something wrong but anyways it seems very nice and i relly want to play the third age mod.
    I am not sure what the issue is here. Can you please explain a little better and list the steps you follow so I can attempt to recreate the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by bablof View Post
    I'm having the same problem with Retromod. It isn't detecting kingdom install in the steam folder. Your program works to create the folder and launch path, but the actual exe isn't installing because it is unable to find a valid install.
    Retrofit mod should work fine. I just tested it on my system and it adds properly to the launcher.

If you have issues launchign the mdo once it is added besure it is installed correctly. This program just modifies the launcher it does NOT automatically install the mods from their full packages.

can this include also baltic: total war?
    sorry if this is alredy answered

This can include any mod you want so long as you build a config file for it. When I get soem time I might add this functionality in OR make some of the fields optional. Just open one of the existng configs, save as a new file (with different file name) and edit the tags to whatever Baltic uses. If you do it right the tool should pick it up automatically and make it available for installation/removal. Make sure you have data in ALL the tags or the program will have an issue. You can open the .xml files in any text editor, though if you want things easy to see Notepad++ includes syntax highlighting.

If you make the new config besure to post it so others might be able to use it if they want.

Will I need to rename my TATW folder? If so, to what?

It says Third Age in the Launch Menu as it should, but when I try to launch Third Age from the Launch Menu, it says: Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will not exit.

Quote Originally Posted by cornwallis View Post
    It says Third Age in the Launch Menu as it should, but when I try to launch Third Age from the Launch Menu, it says: Medieval II suffered a fatal error and will not exit.
    Make sure the folders are labelled the same as in the config file otherwise a crash will occur. Double check that ifits an issue still if they are the same then I will try and look into it next week.

Default Re: Steam Installer

Everything worked, I clicked third age and it turned green. But how do I play it???

Laetus

Default Re: Steam Installer

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph the Brave View Post
    Everything worked, I clicked third age and it turned green. But how do I play it???
    Just load up Kindoms as you normally would and in the list of Campaigns (eg Americas, Britannia, Crusades etc) there should be "Third Age". Just click that and your done

but i tried that and it didnt work for me? tatw is green but isnt showing up on my menu

Is anyone interested in taking over this project? I realize that this mod may not have as large of a player base as it used to and this program is very simple but I don't feel I will be updating it anytime soon and I know there are improvements that can be made.

If anyone wants to take this program over and have control over any future versions let me know either by posting here or sending me a PM.

ok im new to all this mod downloading... basicly ive downloaded TATW 3.0 Part1: Moddb.com and Part2: Moddb.com and TATW 3.1 Patch
    Moddb.comfrom http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war... ive installed all into steam/steam apps/common/med 2/mods... ive changed the
    name of the americas mod and renamed the third_age to americas... i then launch med 2 kingdoms and click the americas... it loads the americas campaign up but doesnt allow me to go on campaign... ive never done anything like this before... why is it not loading TATW when i click americas? i know its abit off topic but i really want to play this game

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Check this tool for Steam installs: Creating a World - Mod Install for Steam

UpNSmoke225's Avatar Libertus

Nice..I'll try that Steam installer :thumbup:

«Sent via Tapatalk for Android»

Quote Originally Posted by king dida View Post
    ok im new to all this mod downloading... basicly ive downloaded TATW 3.0 Part1: Moddb.com and Part2: Moddb.com and TATW 3.1 Patch
    Moddb.comfrom http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war... ive installed all into steam/steam apps/common/med 2/mods... ive changed the
    name of the americas mod and renamed the third_age to americas... i then launch med 2 kingdoms and click the americas... it loads the americas campaign up but doesnt allow me to go on campaign... ive never done anything like this before... why is it not loading TATW when i click americas? i know its abit off topic but i really want to play this game
    Hi all,

It's a long time king dida post this thread, but I uncounter same problem, after installing TATW 2.0 part 1 and 2 and patch 3.2 under \Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods, and changing americas name and Third Age folders under mods directory.

Perheaps I didn't install well the TATW mod.

What do you think about :
    1 - removing the Third Age folder from mods directory,
    2 - reinstall Third Age 3.0 mod part 1, 2 and patch 3.2,
    3 - change americas and Third Age folder's names,

I don't understand at what time I would have to use the Launcher, and what is utility.

Thank you so much

William

Gigantus's Avatar I always insist on burying the hatchet. At night. Still dripping. Next to my opponent
    Artifex

Blog Entries

Yup, that method is ages old.

Simply install the mod into \Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods ( Destination Folder for all TATW Installers has to end with:
    \Medieval II Total War )
    Then follow the instructions in this resource: Universal batch file
    Last edited by ElvenKind; August 17, 2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: little clarification for destination folders

how do I use this I download it and its a note pad thing with nothing but gibberish so what do I do?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast