Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Steam Mod Installer Tool

Default Re: Steam Mod Installer Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Allied_Threat View Post
    Manual version, but modified the preset file on the newer version I just downloaded and sent that to you for fun.

*genuflects in front of your desk*
    I added the mods you sent me to the presets file. Thanks. Though I expanded the descriptions in both cases. I do need to also enlarge the interface slightly to fit it all however but thats not a big deal.

When i launch your application, the only thing i have is "Information add successfully". Am I doing something wrong ? And the game crash directly at launch after that.

How fool I was to buy this Awsome game by Steam.

Thank you

EDIT: I click on "Add" button alright after selecting TATW
    Last edited by Sa Majesté Jean Cultamère; March 30, 2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: I miss something

Quote Originally Posted by Sa Majesté Jean Cultamère View Post
    When i launch your application, the only thing i have is "Information add successfully". Am I doing something wrong ? And the game crash directly at launch after that.

How fool I was to buy this Awsome game by Steam.

Thank you

EDIT: I click on "Add" button alright after selecting TATW
    Then all you need to do is open the launcher and when you click Play you should see TATW in the list. You only get that message when the information was added correctly. So you have no issue.

The program does not launch the game or anything. Though I could modify it to do so by having an extra button or a checkbox.

So the program works perfectly cause i can see TATW in the launcher's list. But it still crashes
    I'll try to reinstall all the game...

Quote Originally Posted by Sa Majesté Jean Cultamère View Post
    So the program works perfectly cause i can see TATW in the launcher's list. But it still crashes
    I'll try to reinstall all the game...
    What crashes the game or my application?

The game, first of all it crashes during the load screen of the campagne. Now it crash at launch... Nevermind, i just saw that files i downloaded via torrent are corrupted. I'll try again with the others.

To anyone else who downloads this: if your game crashes it is not caused by this application so please do not post it caused a crash. It doesn't affect the game in anyways except what the launcher reads normally, it has NOTHING to do with the game once it is running.

Quote Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
    Running Windows 7 64 bit, and whenever I open the installer and click to add a mod (Third Age for me), I get the error "Object reference not set to reference of an object". Help?
    Quote Originally Posted by SteamKnight View Post
    I use Win7 Pro x64 with no issues.

I have noticed a huge amunt of extra downloads of this tool but not much feedback.

Do you guys want other mods added to the list?
    Any suggestions for changes/improvements?
    Feedback at all?
    I am also getting this error when I open your program

The installer minibox opens up and I select Third Age, then when I hit add mod I get error box "Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

I'm running win7 pro 64bit with Original TWM2 from steam (non-kingdoms). Would appreciate any help getting this working. Thanks in advance for your work on this tool btw its much appreciated by many!

Third Age requires Kingdoms in order to run.

Help.

When I launch the program Third age is an option, but when I try to choose it (or when I try to choose Retrofit Mod which is my only other option), it pops up a window saying:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathurian View Post
    Help.

When I launch the program Third age is an option, but when I try to choose it (or when I try to choose Retrofit Mod which is my only other option), it pops up a window saying:

"Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Thanks.
    It is probably because both of those mods REQUIRE the Kingdoms expansion. Your previous post stated you don't have it. Since that is the case the registry keys don't exists for it to write to so you get an error. This is not a problem with this program.

I have the same problem. I have ME2 and Kingdoms installed correctly via Steam, launched both once.

But when I use your tool and click "add", I also get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." .

I have Win7 64bit Pro.
    Tired of annoying filehosters and corrupted downloads when grabbing DMUC?
    Check out my easy and fast torrents HERE!
    Also check out my psd template for an ETW map, highly useful if you make AAR or like to record your map progress for a campaign. Get it HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
    I have the same problem. I have ME2 and Kingdoms installed correctly via Steam, launched both once.

But when I use your tool and click "add", I also get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." .

I have Win7 64bit Pro.
    This error seems so random. I use Win 7 Pro x64 and its fine, others have also reported no issue. I have not had time to take a look at the code to see what could be wrong. I might be able to tomorrow but am not sure. College is starting to take over for the moment, hopefully I can get back to this soon.

If anyone is willing to help out let me know.

Do you guys who get the error still have the information added to the launcher correctly or no?

I am tryign to see what could be causing this but I don't see it.

Hi SteamKnight,

I've been trying to get this Retrofit mod working for about a month now.
    I can't run the .exes such as "Retrofit Multiplayer 2.0.exe" as they say they can't find the installation.
    I just recently stumbled upon this post hoping the program would install the mod.
    I am running vista x64, and I've tried running your Medieval2ModInstaller.exe program.
    I too get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
    Now, I have done nothing besides run the program, selected Retrofit, and clicked "add mod"
    If there was something else I had to do, I must've missed them in this post.
    You talk about "information added to the launcher correctly", I have no idea what this is pertaining to.
    I am never able to get past the first window shown upon program launch.

PS.
    I have indeed played both kingdoms and medieval II and have saves for both

Edit: I have the steam version (let's hear it for the mold steam causes to grow on your software)
    Last edited by kataric; April 24, 2010 at 02:50 AM. Reason: To notify about steam.

Quote Originally Posted by kataric View Post
    Hi SteamKnight,

I've been trying to get this Retrofit mod working for about a month now.
    I can't run the .exes such as "Retrofit Multiplayer 2.0.exe" as they say they can't find the installation.
    I just recently stumbled upon this post hoping the program would install the mod.
    I am running vista x64, and I've tried running your Medieval2ModInstaller.exe program.
    I too get the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
    Now, I have done nothing besides run the program, selected Retrofit, and clicked "add mod"
    If there was something else I had to do, I must've missed them in this post.
    You talk about "information added to the launcher correctly", I have no idea what this is pertaining to.
    I am never able to get past the first window shown upon program launch.

PS.
    I have indeed played both kingdoms and medieval II and have saves for both

Edit: I have the steam version (let's hear it for the mold steam causes to grow on your software)
    I have an idea of something I want to try for a new version. It is a very small code change but have not had a chance to implement it. I also am not sure if it will fix the random error.

It seems to be only on 64 machines (except the one person who tried to add a Kingdoms mod to a nonKingdoms game), so it could just be a problem with the detection of that. That is the only thing I can think of. Hopefully I will get a chance to make the change and release a slightly newer version. I also added a couple more mods to the presets, not sure if they will be used though.

I keep getting a "Object referance not set to an instance of an object" what does that mean? I have kingdoms and have saved games! Please help!

And my games are installed through Steam!

Quote Originally Posted by buffsboy474 View Post
    I keep getting a "Object referance not set to an instance of an object" what does that mean? I have kingdoms and have saved games! Please help!
    It is currently being looked into.

Do i need to extract the files to any paticular folder??

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast