Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Steam Mod Installer Tool

Shadrach's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Steam Mod Installer Tool

Got any other download than that sucky Rapidshare? I mean its only 15kB I think you can probably attach it to your first post just zip it first.

The Danes, I swear, with their half arsed attempts at a 'war'. You gotta give it to 'em, they just dont stop trying. Listen, I've fought the Timurids, ever heard of them? Elephants with cannons on their backs. Yea, Timurids. You guys are like kids on tricycles compared to them. -REZ

Libertus

Hi, first im new to these forums and recently bought m2tw and installed TATW on steam with no problems. and so i tested this installer. very great. but some erros:

I use windows 32bitVISTA

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrach View Post
    Got any other download than that sucky Rapidshare? I mean its only 15kB I think you can probably attach it to your first post just zip it first.
    Sure I can do that or I can attah it to a quick freewebs page. I just like being able to tell how many people are testing it because Rapidshare gives me a counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Osbada
    Hi, first im new to these forums and recently bought m2tw and installed TATW on steam with no problems. and so i tested this installer. very great. but some erros:

I use windows 32bitVISTA
    I will look into it. You are the second person with this issue. Should have something maybe later on today.

Did you have issues with it detecting your game as well?
    Did the mod get added to your launcher despite the errors?

Libertus

It didnt came to the launcher. But it detected my game very fine.

Did all of the textboxes get filled in correctly?

Libertus

as you maybe saw in the image, its all filled in correctly

I am working on the new version now, which is really going to just overhaul the program. I am taking a different approach to it. Instead of picking the mod directory the user just chooses a preset, say Third Age, and then it will write the correct keys. It will really simplify the process, I think I found a better solution as well for the 32/64 bit issue.

Libertus

i think only MAYBE its the keys, are they differnt from the 64-32 bit. That is maybe a solution

If the keys were added right then there would be the extra entry in your launcher.

Artetius's Avatar Tiro

I have Windows 64bit Home Premium, not professional. This is a step by step of what I do. I didn't however show a picture of me needing to manually go to the Third_Age Mod folder. Steam says my installation is installed correctly and the game does play alright.. so I am guessing the installer doesn't work with home premium.

"The need for sleep is a flaw in your nature. Only inefficient creatures need to be unconscious half their lives."

Artetius's Avatar Tiro

Aha! I figured it out SteamKnight. To make a long story short, my steam recently got caught at 25% on an update and deleting the cache wouldn't stop it from getting stuck at 25%. I followed instructions from Valve but alas, the problem still presisted so I uninstalled steam and by doing that, all my games were uninstalled with it.

Just recently, I re-downloaded/installed some of the 72gigs worth of games I had on steam, one of them being the Medieval II w/ Kingdoms Expansion. Apparently for your tool to work, you have to have actually run Kingdoms and/or Vanilla Medieval for your client to detect the installation of Medieval II. It was a rookie mistake but, I honestly thought I had run the game before trying your client.. then on further inspection it turned out I didn't. So all I had to do was run the Vanilla Medieval II and then a Kingdoms Campaign (requires actually going past the Launcher and loading the game). After doing this, the installer came up perfectly and found my installation of the game. After that I applied the registry patch with no problems and was able to launch Third Age from my Launcher. Thanks thanks thanks again!

"The need for sleep is a flaw in your nature. Only inefficient creatures need to be unconscious half their lives."

Libertus

so i need to run m2tw and so a campaign in the kingdoms before running the installer?

Alright everyone new version is up. Let me know of other mods you want added. Just need some information from them to build it into the .dat file.

32/64 bit detection is fixed now. Will work on both. I managed to get the game installed on my laptop running Windows 7 Pro (32bit) and this program works flawlessly.

Please leave any feedback.
    Thanks.

Libertus

Default Re: Steam Installer

it isnt on the server, (error from rapidshare)

Default Re: Steam Installer

Quote Originally Posted by Osbada View Post
    it isnt on the server, (error from rapidshare)
    Link fixed.

Libertus

lol, didnt work for me. i started a campaign, and choosed Third age, but something wrong with objects files.

Tested on both my machines again and both mods added properly. I am not sure why it is giving you errors.

Have you run the game at least one time?
    Anyone else getting the same errors?

So I got the program to work just fine and its awesome! But I messed up along the way and now I have more then one "Third_Age" options and its really bothering me. Can you tell me how to get rid of them? Thanks in advance!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

P.S. FIRST POST EVER!

hello I too have problrmi with two programs that you put me always error, I have seven 64-bit operating system, but how the program works, you could explain it to me please, excuse for the Italian and English are not so much write well.

Currently, I got Third Age to work without any tools. However, I get constant crashes whenever I go into a seige battle. If I reinstall Third Age and instead use this tool, will the crashes stop happening?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast