Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: All Random Questions Should Be Posted Here!

Tiro

Default All Random Questions Should Be Posted Here!

I thought it might be useful to create a sticky thread for all those random, off-the-wall questions that are related to DarthMod, but don't really require a new thread all to itself. If you happen to have a question about the mod that probably anyone else could answer and are afraid to use the PM system, then post it in this thread. I'm getting tired of all the threads being created that just happen to be quick questions that someone wants answerred. New threads are for when you want to have a discussion about something.

Here is an example question that should end up in this thread:
    "Hey, what building do I have to construct in order to train (insert unit name here)?"
    or:
    "Why am I getting a ctd when (insert situation here)?"

These are questions anyone can help you to answer. Any future threads created that are simple questions will end up being merged into this thread. I'm doing this as a way to keep the DarthMod forum organized. Thank you for your cooperation.

ps: Keep in mind that any statements or ideas regarding current or future DarthMod realeases have their own respective sticky thread as well. They can be easilly spotted in the same area as this thread.
    Last edited by war927; October 01, 2005 at 06:23 AM.

Torgill's Avatar Libertus

Will three Roman families will be united in Darth mod 6.0?
    War is an art and as such is not susceptible of explanation by fixed formula

/edit/ Your comments were moved to this thread because everything else in your post had to do with suggestions for the next version of DarthMod. war927/edit/

Whats your favorite faction & Unit, Darth?
    Last edited by war927; September 17, 2005 at 07:12 AM. Reason: move comments to proper thread

Opifex

Darth,

I have heard that you have made major modifications to the GATES of a settlement. Can you outline what those changes were?

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Torgill
    Will three Roman families will be united in Darth mod 6.0?
    I haven't heard any talk of this from Darth himself, so more than likely it will remain in the current state it is in by the release of 6.0.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga
    Whats your favorite faction & Unit, Darth?
    If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say his favorite faction is the Greek Cities, and his favorite unit is a hoplite. I know I'm right about his favorite faction though, right Darth

3 roman families will remain the same.

My favorite unit is the greek sacred band of macedon-seleucid or in the looks the armoured hoplite of the greeks (as my friend war 927 assumes lol)
    I like the dark and scary helemt they have.Almost like mine ....(darth vader's breath)

signifier one:

I have altered the width of gates (not the graphic but this that actually is used by the units) so as less traffic of troops occur and easier passing is achieved.

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    I have altered the width of gates (not the graphic but this that actually is used by the units) so as less traffic of troops occur and easier passing is achieved.
    So that would explain why I always see my troops just slightly walking through part of the gate wall at times. Well, if it's effective in what you aimed to achieve, then I have no real concern about the slight graphical oddness of walking through a "wall"

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Hi Darth! Does vh battle level make units rout quicker? What's the difference between m, h, vh battle levels? Txs
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Grand Duke Vytautas:
    I have written my theory about this many times.

medium difficulty gives no AI combat bonuses + AI tactics are passive/cautious
    Very hard difficulty gives AI combat bonuses + AI tactics aggressive/risky=prone to quick rout or decisive victory
    Hard difficulty = median of the above mentioned.

In custom battle you can this is more obvious

In campaign battles there are ,as I believe ,hidden parameters such as the usage of generals instead of captains as in custom battles so that the VH setting is actually trully the most difficult setting (after my tweaks in formation removing some buggy commands)

stalin's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

why so many carthage units compared to other factions

stalin:I wanted to help Carthage to become a super nation as a speculative scenario of surviving the roman onslaught. If it survived it should have the ability to build these crack troops of late era.

stalin's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

No criticism meant, just thought that your mod is moving further and further away from vanilla which I plan to marry asap. By the way a bridge batte with juli against gaul outnumbered 1200 vs 500 was the most intensive battle since I bought RTW a year ago (victory with 26 units left). Cheers...

Default Missing comprehensive description

Hi!

I am missing a comprehensive description about what this mod is all about and what it changes.
    Or have I overlooked it?

I dont want to install something without knowing what it is good for.
    Have Fun
    XiDragon

Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by XiDragon
    Hi!

I am missing a comprehensive description about what this mod is all about and what it changes.
    Or have I overlooked it?

I dont want to install something without knowing what it is good for.
    You actually did overlook it. You can find everything you'd like to know here

Quote Originally Posted by war927
    You actually did overlook it. You can find everything you'd like to know here
    Thtats not true as you can find out if you read through it. Where the comprehensive list starts you can read that:
    ... All aspects of DarthMod_5.3.2 are maintained plus: ...

So what are the aspects of DarthMod_5.3.2?

It would be good to have a complete feature list in one place.
    Have Fun
    XiDragon

Grand Duke Vytautas's Avatar Dueling it out
    Citizen

Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Universe, lol

Can I play Imperial Campaign in DM 5.8?
    “Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” ― Tacitus

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER
    Grand Duke Vytautas: NO

XiDragon:
    readme for DarthMod_5.0 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27489
    readme for patch 5.3.2 http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28904
    Thanks! :original:
    Have Fun
    XiDragon

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast