Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

McCain's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010

Question, the AI in some nations seems to do nothing for some reason, with the exception of Ireland, they seem to go crazy in every game I play. However other nations like the Mongols for example never expand, I've even turned off the fog of war, and just watched each stagnate nation, and they don't move period. Is something in my game broke? Or has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: Playing on VH/VH by the way.
    Last edited by McCain; July 24, 2010 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by McCain View Post
    Question, the AI in some nations seems to do nothing for some reason, with the exception of Ireland, they seem to go crazy in every game I play. However other nations like the Mongols for example never expand, I've even turned off the fog of war, and just watched each stagnate nation, and they don't move period. Is something in my game broke? Or has anyone else experienced this?

EDIT: Playing on VH/VH by the way.
    My advice it try it with the BB mod. All sorts of strange things are happening in the Beta. After all, it's a BETA!!! Taiji has made a heroic effort to make the BETA better. If you try it make sure you give him feedback because a great deal of his work will be included in the official next version.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Crap , I just finished a report on my ending of my beta campaign , but somehow it got eaten by the system. Here's a new version , much shorter as I don't have the willpower to write the whole thing again.

1. Completed my campaign in 1390 . Playing as Flanders my empire included Spain , England , Ireland , France , Germany , Scandinavia , Italy , the Baltic States and former Yuguslavia. The last 10 territories were very difficult to conquer , due to being outside the Christian sphere of influence , thus needing conversion before conquering. Also my upper tier troops needed to be transported from within the centre of my empire , so it takes a while to get the troops where they are needed.

2.I have encountered no new bugs besides the one I already mentioned in this thread.(dungeon/retirement script broken , occasional crash when loading a battle or sometimes during the AI turn)

3.Mongols. Mongols are pussies. There , I said it.
    No longer the most dreaded faction in game, these guys are doing something somewhere , but I wouldn't know what. They're not even a minor nuisance anymore. Gone is the fear I have for them . Even vanilla Mongols are scarier. Do the Timurids appear in this game? And are they pussy too?

4.The New World : I'm not really interested in it , guess I'll never will. More a case of personal flavour I reckon.

5.Late campaign sees a huge amount of micromanagement : merchants , priests , reinforcements coming from deep within my empire , spies , assassins , ... , building , checking for rebellious cities , teaching your generals , etc. Turns take a very long time because of this when you're having 60+ territories.

6.As mentioned before by others , I'm a bit disappointed by the fact that my crown prince cannot recruit higher tier cavalry. I mean , come on...

7.Perhaps it's because of luck , or something other than luck , but I found the Islamic faction a bit tame. I took almost the whole Iberian peninsula from them , and not once did I get a Jihad declared. Even though the Egyptians themselves had over 50 territories,thus were no pussies themselves. I remember a 6.2 campaign where I got spammed with Jihad armies , and only with the combination of dumb luck,assassins and ruthless battlefield skills was I able to hold of those stacks that were coming in each and every turn. It took me decades to get together an army to take the fight to them. None of this stuff in 6.3

8.After the black plague in the 1300's I found the AI a bit passive. Even with a despicable reputation , and a few neutral stacks near my borders , no one tried to invade,or declared war on me. Or the ones at war with me , didn't do much anymore.

9.Not once did an ally help me out or ask me for assistance for a fight.

10.I noticed a lack of artillery units in enemy armies, not sure why.

Anyways , for me DLV is still the 'numero uno' historical mod , giving me lots of good times and brutal fights. Thanks to everyone involved.I won't be doing a 6.3 beta game anymore , unless it gets updated. For the moment , I'm gonna try Taiji's newest version of BB , which I haven't played in ages.

Keep up the good work,

La Muerte

edit : Oh , I found out that killing too much family members is bad for reproductional reasons
    Last edited by LaMuerte; July 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Renesans's Avatar Civis

Whether works on a patch 6.3 are conducted?

SirPeacemaker's Avatar Centenarius

I just started with this openbeta 6.3. I play for Teutonic order. And my armies on the main map are invisible. Hmm
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

eatme's Avatar Senator

That's weird, coz I played for Teutons in 6.3_01 beta and they showed just fine.

Default My men not Engaiging

On a siege only a lot of the time when I double right click the enemy to attack my men just stand there. Even when they are getting killed. Any body else have this problem?? I have nver sean this talked about so
    I dunno if any body else has this problem.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Default Re: My men not Engaiging

No, I never have this problem. What version are you playing?

What kinds of units are you talking about or is it every kind?

Default Re: My men not Engaiging

All units when double right clicking to for a melee fight. Shooting stuff always works.

And im using 6.3.

It is weird. Because after two turns every army showed up.
    Very good rocking song. The message of the song: WHEN PEOPLE LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UKRAINIAN WAR, THEY WILL GO INSANE!! (I suggest to turn the english subtitles on. Its over 18only because of violent pictures) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAR6nUV7VI

No chance to switch city to castle and other way round? What a shame

On a siege only a lot of the time when I double right click the enemy to attack my men just stand there. Even when they are getting killed. Any body else have this problem?? I have nver sean this talked about so
    I dunno if any body else has this problem.

I maid a post for this. Doesn't look like im going to get a response so I figured Id ask in this thread. I dunno if it my DLV that has this problem or if its everybody. Taji Said he doesn't.

And are you attacking or defending on the siege?

Just the last time i was attacking.

Just to clear up more on what happening the men that touch the enemy in the unit will defend them self's and attack but the rest of the unit will just stand there. Its weird.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by SirWarts View Post
    Just to clear up more on what happening the men that touch the enemy in the unit will defend them self's and attack but the rest of the unit will just stand there. Its weird.
    These are spearmen? They have animation changes that prevent them going absolutely crazy for using the 'spear' weapon attribute. Perhaps that is what you're seeing.

They don't shuffle forwards instead of backwards (animations), they remain idle/on guard. Almost everyone else is shuffling forwards instead of backwards, they're all trying to move to the front. But spearmen stand still a lot of the time.

It's the only way I could use the 'spear' weapon attribute and it's a cool attribute. They have a penalty versus other infantry and strong defensive bonuses versus cav. It's why their defence is often high, I'm mitigating the penalty versus infantry to make them viable line inf. They also have a lot of pushing power because of 'spear', adds a lot to the ebb and flow of battle, along with the assault troops using shieldwall, and the mass differences, and the blocking animations, and the shuffle forwards thing, etc.

Anyway, if it's not spearmen then I still don't know what it might be.
    Last edited by Taiji; August 14, 2010 at 08:35 PM.

There should be definitelly the option to switch castle to city and the other way round. Because. I play for Teutons. Teutonic capital is CASTLE. I cant convert it to city. And if I cant convert it to city, how I am supposed to pardon disloyal generals? Or retire them? There is no town hall in the castle :dohIf I change capital to another city it´s pointless, because it doesnt work. Same with crowning of new King. I changed my capital city bu he was never crowned. I had to move him to old capital (the castle in my teutonic case)
    Edit:
    And no boiling oil on the gates???? WTF ????
    Last edited by SirPeacemaker; August 15, 2010 at 12:26 PM.

Looks like no one cares any more. This mod is half way dead. What a shame. It used to be the best. What a potential

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

DLV is half way dead now according to you. Are you often this arrogant?

I think the fact that you're not privy to any development that may be ongoing puts you in a position where you are not fit to judge.
    Last edited by Taiji; August 17, 2010 at 08:39 AM.

Maybe because openbeta 6.3 is just beta too long? And no patches, fixes, nothing. I wish I´m wrong.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

So you weren't just trolling because noone responded to your comments? It certainly looks that way to me.
    Last edited by Taiji; August 17, 2010 at 09:04 AM.