Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

Default Re: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post

In fact, since my latest work, the only campaign scripts I can think of that are still bound to be dodgy are the retirement and dungeon scripts. I think the solution there lies in changing approach, i.e. 'e_select_character' shouldn't be used at all. But I've done more than enough for now, maybe I'll try to tackle that again later.
    Signed!

Is there any way to stop European factions from conquering parts of the New World long before 1300? I almost always end up stopping my game when I see that.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

interesting...

Protector's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Is there any way to stop European factions from conquering parts of the New World long before 1300? I almost always end up stopping my game when I see that.
    Indeed,

In DLV the Europeans touch American Continent 200 years earlier then Columbus ... for some reason.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

hi,

i noticed a rebel-bodyguardunit without riders in rhodos.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

I'm also going to post this here as I think it should be worked into the base mod...

I would like to see the restrictions on attacking allies extended to the AI.
    Whilst this does seem a little unrealisitc, consider the reality in-game:
    An ally is happy to remain your friend until you offend them...for example if you attack one of their allies.

Here's a worked example:
    England allied with the County of Flanders. County of Flanders allied with Denmark. England attacks Denmark, County of Flanders breaks alliance with England.
    With a ban on attacking allies in place for player and AI, this means that the County of Flanders can not directly attack England, but if England pisses County of Flanders off, they can break the alliance (using the AI version of the pop-up).

In conclusion, I would like to see total war from the start, but for my allies to remain my allies until I give them a reason to hate me.

Repman, is this workable?? I enjoyed my current campaign (with the total war setting turned on) until two turns after making an alliance with a neighbour they decided to blockade one of my ports!

When the "official" DLV 6.3 patch is going out?

Could be cool to see ai garrison script active when AI attack AI and also an option to give garrison script to the player(less soldier than the AI but two or three troops at least).

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

A potential problem with giving a garrison script to the player, or when AI factions clash, is that when they assessed the attack they took into account how many troops you had. If that number rises then I would have thought they are likely to break off the siege.

I've never actually tried it myself, but from what I know about the AI, it looks like a really bad idea.

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Furin View Post
    Great I will

To answer the bots question, I just encountered the first unspecified CTD after all the ai factions ended their turn (aka at the beginning of the player's faction or maybe at the end of the slaves). It is pretty much the same as before and happens in my games when:

- I fight a battle (there is something fishy with the transition between campaign map and battles)
    - and then I conquer this region, after that the CTD happens pretty often at the end of the AI's turn

But after reloading everything works nice again. I suspect it has something to do with using Vista because this kind of CTD never happened as long as i used WinXP. Maybe something with how the files are processed between battles and the campaign map and something get's "lost" in between. Or maybe the AI want's to follow it's old instructions regarding campaign expansion/behaviour and then, due to the newly changed ownership of the region I took, the calculation is not right any more and it crashes.

My suggestion, and how I live with this, is to save every year and then, after a fought battle, I save again in a different slot. So the worst I can loose is the 1 minute time for the AI's turn.

This happens to me too, all the time... Any war I wage (esp as the Byzantine for some lame reason) leads to constant crashes.

I cant figure out why. I too began to save every turn but even that doesnt always work. For example, as the Eastern Romans I took Rome (crash), then I backed up a turn and retook Rome (Crash), then I backed up two turns and just besieged Rome into submission (CRRRAAASSSHHH). UGH!!! It becomes so tedious I give up. Maybe it is the vista/windows 7 thing.

I don't understand it, but it has cost me three Byzantine campaigns and my sanity at times.

I am almost too scared to try the Eastern Romans again in 6.3.
    "Every man dies, not every man really lives."

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Furin View Post
    In export_desc_guilds there are some references to units that no longer exist, fe. byzantine infantry for swordsmith guild.

Edit: I have stripped the camapign script of most functionalities and started a test run. No crashes whatsoever. So the remaining crashes (end/middle of ai faction tuns), at least for me using winvista hp, come from stuff in the campaign script, not from traits or edb/edu etc. I am currently trying to rebuild the thing with my limited knowledge, similar to, but not exactly as, Taiji did with his BB campaign script. Okay I said that too early, even with a fully cleared out campaign script, the possibility of crashes at the end, or the middle, of the AI turn, increases as the campaign develops to the midgame (around and after 1240). I have no idea what is causing it though and don't really know what to do.

Agreed, again this has been my experience as well.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by nlovertoom View Post
    This happens to me too, all the time... Any war I wage (esp as the Byzantine for some lame reason) leads to constant crashes.

I cant figure out why. I too began to save every turn but even that doesnt always work. For example, as the Eastern Romans I took Rome (crash), then I backed up a turn and retook Rome (Crash), then I backed up two turns and just besieged Rome into submission (CRRRAAASSSHHH). UGH!!! It becomes so tedious I give up. Maybe it is the vista/windows 7 thing.

I don't understand it, but it has cost me three Byzantine campaigns and my sanity at times.

I am almost too scared to try the Eastern Romans again in 6.3.
    I experienced some crashes in similar circumstances to this. DLV operates a horde system so that when a faction is detroyed but have family member left they become a horde. I noticed that when HRE was about to take Lombarda's last city that it crashed on that turn. The save ended up being corrupted and thankfully it hasn't happed the 2nd time around.

I am operating Taiji's BB etc mod, which has stabilised many things, try using that (if you don't already)

On a completely different note:
    I think some work either needs to be borrowed or done on the Muslim factions. Both the Turks and the Egyptians are very vanilla looking and could really do with some attention. It's fine when playing a Christian faction because you would rarely come into contact with them, but as BtR I have to fight a mostly vanilla skinned Turkish army with my nice looking Greeks.

nlovertoom's Avatar Tiro

Coeur de Lion, thank you. I actually just discovered Taiji's BB mod tonight. I hope that helps.

(Will the next version will fix the bugs in 6.2? Especially : - Do not jump too much "Between the faction selection screen in the campaign menu gold Will the game crash;
    - Do not jump Between battles and campaign selection screens or Will the game crash )

Dowloading !

Quote Originally Posted by Firnafin View Post
    (Will the next version will fix the bugs in 6.2? Especially : - Do not jump too much "Between the faction selection screen in the campaign menu gold Will the game crash;
    - Do not jump Between battles and campaign selection screens or Will the game crash )

Dowloading !
    i dont think that can be fixed. its present in every mod that adds multiple factions.

Ok, thank .

bardock85's Avatar Libertus

Can we make requests on this thread?

I installed the patch and didn't open the campaing. I try to start the main campaing and it come back to the main menu.

HbHadast's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
    I installed the patch and didn't open the campaing. I try to start the main campaing and it come back to the main menu.
    Can you tell us, step by step, what you did to install it?

I am sure that you didn't install it properly because there is nothing wrong with the Mod files.

I installed the medieval2 total war, after that the patches 1.2 and 1.3. Then Kingdoms, all campaings, and patch 1.5.
    Installed DLV 6.0 clean and then 6.3 openbeta01.

I'm reinstalling the game and i tell if it works.

PS: 6.2 works fine

EDIT: When i reinstalled worked ok. I just win my first heroic victory
    Last edited by Flavio; June 24, 2010 at 09:45 AM.