Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

Default Re: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Actually the first post says both... It says 6.2 is necessary right at the top, then down in the install instructions it says you should install 6.3 over 6.0.
    Ok Thanks Taiji , Anyway It Still Crash With 6.3

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sivilombudsmannen View Post
    Well. This is the guy who implemented it, so you might check his files, and how. Then drop it in this thread with some referances.
    Ah I see, seems the OP there has been gone for some time.

Then I'm 99% sure Repman will take your work in the door. And that is how easy it is to contribute to DLV
    I did check Shaxx' latest upload. As I posted above, the misspelling in question is in Expanded.txt. Basically all the "Novgorodskaya" gotta be replaced by "Novgorod" to be correct.

Coeur de Lion's Avatar Ordinarius

Could I lobby for two minor features to be changed in this new version:
    1. Reimplementing the 'changing generals' feature which makes every family member have a different battle-map model (I know this doesn't work for ERE in 6.2 at least)
    2. Removing the terrain which makes many of the passes in asia minor impassable

Thanks,
    CdL

It'd be nice to see if something could be done in the beta to keep the Euro factions from making it to the New World 200 years early. After only ten years, it's not uncommon to see European ships swarming along the New World coastline.

a question to whomever reads this that knows the answer:
    does having law buildings help towards REMOVING the corruptions bad traits?

it would be nice that any guy unless very very very loyal and pious should grab the corruption trait after the 100k mark, but that if stationed in a
    heavily policed area (like a castle or a city that has certain law buildings) they behave and let their bad habits on hold?

if the guy has little loyalty and piety, maybe there is a chance he gets caught in the act and thus you are prompted to either execute him,
    send him to prison or just put extra accountants on him
    (unremovable trait that makes the guy inmune to corruption but that also makes him have -2 loyalty and -2% piety because he doesnt
    like being bullied by the king, also if king gets "unrests the nobility" this guy certainly wont favor the king)

also, it would be nice if when you are imprisoning some noble, you can also strip him clear of titles without the bad trait related to doing so
    (titles travelling magically to prince and king, if they have room for it, else to a random noble, else deleted, ready to be gotten again at respective places)
    Last edited by ivanhoex; April 16, 2010 at 10:43 AM.

encountering corrupted saves.

using just the new beta, game is fully patched.
    here is the last bit of the error log

19:43:33.546 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols4.tga.dds is missing
    19:43:33.546 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols4.tga,262188
    19:43:33.546 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols4.tga (from: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:43:33.562 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols5.tga
    19:43:33.562 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols5.tga.dds,,not found
    19:43:33.562 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols5.tga.dds is missing
    19:43:33.562 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols5.tga,262188
    19:43:33.562 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols5.tga (from: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:43:33.578 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols6.tga
    19:43:33.578 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols6.tga.dds,,not found
    19:43:33.578 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols6.tga.dds is missing
    19:43:33.578 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols6.tga,262188
    19:43:33.578 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols6.tga (from: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:43:33.593 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols7.tga
    19:43:33.593 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols7.tga.dds,,not found
    19:43:33.593 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols7.tga.dds is missing
    19:43:33.593 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols7.tga,262188
    19:43:33.593 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols7.tga (from: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols8.tga
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols8.tga.dds,,not found
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols8.tga.dds is missing
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols8.tga,262188
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols8.tga (from: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols9.tga
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols9.tga.dds,,not found
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols9.tga.dds is missing
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols9.tga,262188
    19:43:33.609 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols9.tga (from: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:43:33.625 [system.io] [info] exists: missing mods/DLV_ext/mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols10.tga
    19:43:33.625 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols10.tga.dds,,not found
    19:43:33.625 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols10.tga.dds is missing
    19:43:33.625 [system.io] [trace] file open,,mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols10.tga,262188
    19:43:33.625 [system.io] [info] open: found mods/DLV_ext/data/banners/symbols10.tga (from: D:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War)
    19:43:34.375 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 11199 in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:43:34.484 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    19:43:40.187 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

it could just be that the pope state is unstable

First, thank you to all involved for a great mod! I've been playing RR/RC with Byg's Grim Reality (freakin' hard...) for quite some time. Found this mod in a post over there and thought I'd try it out. It's been a nice change; Byg's Grim Reality is somewhat similar in some ways, so I guess I've had a little head start. Anyway....

Second, I'm a little confused about the 6.2. So only install this over clean 6.0 (no 6.2)?
    I don't always talk in tautologies, but when I do, I talk in tautologies.

''american invasion'' WTF?! i think americans shoud be daleted -they are not need in this mod (Wales or aragonse and those 9 towns in europe/asia woud be much better!).
    But i wanted to say this mod is great! like Europa universalis + rpg + Battles from total war ;D.
    Last edited by Klierowski; April 20, 2010 at 09:55 AM.
    All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar98 View Post
    encountering corrupted saves.

using just the new beta, game is fully patched.
    here is the last bit of the error log

19:43:34.375 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 11199 in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    19:43:40.187 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

it could just be that the pope state is unstable
    Hi Alatar,

I have encountered this same issue playing DLV 6.2 & the latest BB2.7 in the past 2 days. Once last night & again just a few mins ago. I have checked the systemlog file & it shows similar to yours.

16:54:09.843 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <siege_settlement> at line 11819 in mods/DLV_ext/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    16:54:09.887 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    16:54:09.887 [bink] [debug] [data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    16:54:10.375 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Is this the dreaded "corrupt game saves" bug? My only saving grace was that since last nights experience when this 1st occurred, I started saving the game right before ending my turn & the start of the AI. So I was able to load an earlier game save & continue from there, but it is quite annoying.

I thought it might also have to do w/ the settlement being sieged as documented in the systemlog file as Spain was besieging a Moorish settlement. Can some one figure this error out base don the systemlog info?

Let me try to load an earlier game save. DLV is nice MOD but full of way too many bugs & as result, CTD issues on a constant level. Hopefully it's ironed out before the 6.3 release.

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

i think it was a script that didnt finish executing last time

Ever since 2 factions (Georgia & Turks) went horde mode after being defeated, this game has become even more unstable. It crashes every 2 turns, sometimes even after just 1 turn. Before a faction went horde mode, the game would CTD about every 3-4 turns, now after wards it's every 1-2 turns.

Very frustrating & this happens w/ DLV 6.2 & Beta 6.3

I've played other mods "Stainless Steel & The Long Road" & they hardly CTD, I hope the DLV can be made more stable, as all these damn CTD's are ruining the gaming experience of this great mod!

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

A small 'campaign' update from me

I'm hitting the 1400's whilst playing Flanders.. Here's my empire :

14 more territories to conquer before I win this campaign. Despite having a large empire , I'm running into trouble everywhere. A few examples :

-Despite having completely conquered the island of England , the English are still alive and kicking . They gained some territories in North America , and have a few settlements in Spain (Spanish got annihilated) . They got plenty of punch left to bring it to me if they want . We're currently at peace , they 've got a few armies in northern Spain , near my border . And that's never a good sign.

-Al Khalifa al-Muwahifiya. My next problem . Religious wars in the south of the Iberian peninsula. Nasty stuff . Cities crammed with fanatical zealots , these are hard to conquer . Even my most chivalrous generals can not maintain order in a conquered and exterminated enemy town filled with non catholics. Have to evacuate towns to preserve my army from riots. Currently redirecting a lot of holy men to the region. My plans here are stalled for at least 20 years.And I haven't touched Africa proper yet.

picture of the rebellious island of Malta

-The Eastern front : Same stuff . Having expanded my borders into pagan land my expansion is slowing down. Lithuanians have around 10 cities and castles , a completely different religion , and "the pro's choice" in armies.Here's me sieging Koenigsberg , being completely surprised by the Lithuanian reinforcements . You can see the last members of the Capet house in the castle nearby.

-Family... seen it all. The good , the bad and the ugly . Quite a few with rebellious urges these days. One even had the audacity not to evacuate London a few years back. Most governors and generals are getting very old , close to death.Lots of children are born , but what to expect of them? Where will their loyalties lie?

-Logistics : A nightmare... You can't just retrain your top tier pro army in the nearest town or castle. No , for your top troopers you'll need a citadel or a huge city to do that. And these don't grow on trees in this game (so far) Which means you have to think how to use your army and when. You just don't attack an enemy because it's there and you can. Waste not!

Could go on for a while , but in short ... I'm having a blast . No new bugs or stuff on my side except the ones already known and posted (retirement script,...) A really harsh experience. Very to my taste.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; April 26, 2010 at 08:43 AM.

Protector's Avatar Senator

Good to see that the beta testers ar busy.

I am looking forward to the official release of DLV 6.3

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Just a little 'BTW'... The CAI in this beta is broken. It's my fault, by all means blame me, but it's broken.

It's easy to spot too. I was embarrassed when I noticed what I had done because it's such a noob mistake.

The desc_campaign_ai_db is not openable in a web browser - So it is completely broken.

Anyone thinking this version of DLV is the most stable ever has justification now. It's stable because the AI is broken and unable to hit the areas of DLV's bad modding that are causing CTDs.
    Last edited by Taiji; April 26, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

@ Repman : any chance of getting Taiji's missing or broken desc_campaign_ai_db into a new version of 6.3 beta?

@ Taiji : I'm keeping track of your BB work . So many exciting and hot things in there since I last played (my last version was 2.48) . But I promised myself I would finish at least one campaign once I started playing 6.3 beta , and still busy doing that.
    Last edited by LaMuerte; April 26, 2010 at 07:20 PM.

The syntax error "// reverse checks on standings " is in the file descr_campaign_ai_db.xml since 2008, so it's a very old error. I'm not sure if i have included parts of Taiji's changes in the cai in 6.3 beta

@lamuerte
    thanks for the feedback

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

That syntax error is probably inconsequential. I mean the error in the code, keep looking until you find what I am talking about - I am not wrong.

Contrary to the OP, you have in fact only included BB2.47, not BB2.48 at all, which means you have included my old mess in the CAI.

It's a simple fact.

@La Muerte, it's good to see someone making some effort to improve DLV. Hopefully Repman will catch up with BB soon and we'll have a DLV 6.3 beta that truly represents the modding might of Team DLV
    Last edited by Taiji; April 27, 2010 at 10:54 AM.

@Taiji
    - After fixing this little syntacs error i can open it with the xml editor without problems
    - the db ai file is from version BB 2.48 (timestamp: 09.01.2010)
    - you have added the ai label Pagan section in it which 6.3 beta is not using in the strat file. So any errors in this section have no effects.

So what is the real error which is breaking the whole file ??

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Code:
    	</faction_ai_label>
    	///////////////////////////////////////
    	// PAGAN AI PARAMS.  DO NOT REMOVE   //
    	///////////////////////////////////////
    	-->

<faction_ai_label name="Pagan">
    There, when I fixed it the AI seemed to 'come alive'. Perhaps it doesn't impact as badly as I suspect or perceive, but it's an error in the code. By comparison the syntax error is in a 'commented out' area. Since you neglected to use the label perhaps the error is negated... Perhaps not though. The error exists outside the labels but inside the code, so it may screw them all. And it's from 2.47 unless you are mistaken in stating that you used the MMC

Anyway, since I had to fix it there's now a much better CAI in BB2.7 (With no small measure of thanks to GrandViz and Wudang Clown), come and try it out.

But be warned, before you look at the formerly 'nice and neat' 'modular' DLV campaign script:

Unfortunately I had to butcher it to get it to work properly...

In fact, since my latest work, the only campaign scripts I can think of that are still bound to be dodgy are the retirement and dungeon scripts. I think the solution there lies in changing approach, i.e. 'e_select_character' shouldn't be used at all. But I've done more than enough for now, maybe I'll try to tackle that again later.

edit:

Just remembered another serious, to the point of game-breaking, error I am aware of but have not fixed:

Sometimes the heraldic rank system is broken at campaign start.

edit:

Just found out that merc and investment scripts are probably broken in my work at the moment. I advise you wait till I fix them again before considering use of BB2.7+, Repman.

edit:

False alarm, they're all working fine in BB
    Last edited by Taiji; April 29, 2010 at 03:57 PM.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    In fact, since my latest work, the only campaign scripts I can think of that are still bound to be dodgy are the retirement and dungeon scripts. I think the solution there lies in changing approach, i.e. 'e_select_character' shouldn't be used at all. But I've done more than enough for now, maybe I'll try to tackle that again later.
    I sign my name one this.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.