Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

Default Re: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010

Great, Thanks a lot!

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Xanto View Post
    If I read this correctly, this has DLV 6.2 included with the 6.3 changes all in one. Would it be possible to get a version that goes from 6.2 -> 6.3 and not from 6.0 -> 6.3 for those who already have 6.2... I ask because I have a slow internet and a bandwidth limit.
    I'm presume sure you can install 6.3 BETA ontop of 6.2, because it's basically 6.2 with mini mods

However, if you have changed any files- or modded inside the DLV_ext folder, then this might crash. Aslo, it's not save compitable with earlier save games.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

I’ve started a new game, historical campaign, as crusader states, H/H, with diplomacy setting to real relations (everybody are at war with somebody from the start, you probably understand what I’m talking about) and total war option ticked for Ai behavior, I’ve played campaign as Spain on 6,2 version,, but only half way through, so I’m relatively new to this mod. My problem is the following: Venice, Milan and HRE all send fleets to block my ports, I’m constantly at war with them, for no apparent reason, and I have untrustworthy reputation + nobody wants a ceasefire. For what? Sitting on my butt fighting rebels and Muslims? It’s a joke! Makes no sense whatsoever! I’m constantly get messages that I have bad relations with Hungary. How? I barley have any contact with them. Should I send my diplomat to Hungary to entertain their King? Take him to brothels and taverns, on my expense, show him a good time? So why is this happening, is this because of the newer version, or because of some option selected? I’ve expected heavy fighting with Turks and Egypt, not to be flagged by Catholics every chance they get. I honestly wonder, is it in Germanys best interest to send fleet half way over Mediterranean sea to block Antioch port?

im not quite sure i understand your question, you state you set diplomacy settings to real relations then get pissed off that it was set to real relations. wouldn't your solution be to set relations to neutral?
    unless the complaint is that historically venice milan and hre are suppose to be on good terms with the crusader states, then that's a good question.

you also set it to total war which means they all attack you.

No, you did understand but only half way through. I wanted real diplomacy relations-war with Turks and Egypt from the start, but I got pissed when Catholics started to harass me. I did expect some support, and little love, from fellow Catholics States who should historically come to my aid, instead they gave me the finger! When I selected total war option I expected that neighbors would be more aggressive, not factions half way around the world, but that’s my mistake.
    I’ll probably manage to survive.
    Anyway thanks, it’s probably the total war setting, but still it looks a bit silly that HRE would send fleet to holly land to block me when Italians are knocking on their doors, but whatever. It also pains me that I get bad rep for war I didn’t start and I can’t negotiate a truce.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Total War means total war. Ithink you experienced the sensitivity of it.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sivilombudsmannen View Post
    I'm presume sure you can install 6.3 BETA ontop of 6.2, because it's basically 6.2 with mini mods

However, if you have changed any files- or modded inside the DLV_ext folder, then this might crash. Aslo, it's not save compitable with earlier save games.
    That's why I'm asking if he can just upload the 6.3 changes, so I don't have to download 6.2 all over again. I had to go to somebody elses house just to get DLV. If it was just the 6.3 changes the download should be a lot smaller.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Playing 6.3 I noticed some bugs.

First, there's an error in Expanded.txt. In the campaign start faction selection screen, for Novgorod faction it should read "Novgorod" not "Novgorodskaya". Misspelling.

Second, when sieging rebel PSF (stone forts), after 3 turns of siege, instead of open field battle, the rebel army disappears and, fort is occupied without battle. It ain't intended I suppose ?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by eatme View Post

Second, when sieging rebel PSF (stone forts), after 3 turns of siege, instead of open field battle, the rebel army disappears and, fort is occupied without battle. It ain't intended I suppose ?

cheers
    Well Its Not a Bug the fort simply go in your hand because the fort has no more supply to last more than 3 turns ... and yes Dont Know Why in all DLV versions When you siege a rebel fort they never attack you ... but again it isnt a bug ...

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

cheers
    If you've got a fix for it, that would be great

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Playing 6.3 I noticed some bugs.

First, there's an error in Expanded.txt. In the campaign start faction selection screen, for Novgorod faction it should read "Novgorod" not "Novgorodskaya". Misspelling.

cheers
    I presume -kaya means principality, ergo Principality of Novgorod but written in local lanuage or latin for diplomatic contexts'.
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; April 12, 2010 at 08:49 AM.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Well Its Not a Bug the fort simply go in your hand because the fort has no more supply to last more than 3 turns ... and yes Dont Know Why in all DLV versions When you siege a rebel fort they never attack you ... but again it isnt a bug ...
    Seems I ve never before in all the time had this happenstance -) Does it happen same way with any AI faction, which I thought not ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sivilombudsmannen View Post
    I presume -kaya means principality, ergo Principality of Novgorod but written in local lanuage or latin for diplomatic contexts'.
    "-kaya" AFAIK in Russian, denotes feminine gender. As such it would fit Novgorodskaya Respublica, which stands for Republic of Novgorod. But in the way this faction is called in DLV, it should go simply Gosudar Velikiy Novgorod, which is "Lord Novgorod the Great" - masculine gender
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novgorod_Republic

If I have the 6.3 I dont need 6.2 ...?

@Eat

I Dont Remember if it works also for non rebels factions
    Last edited by Lord Willy; April 12, 2010 at 01:12 PM.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    If I have the 6.3 I dont need 6.2 ...?
    Yep. And that's what it says in DL instructions - 6.2 is included.

@Eat

I Dont Remember if it works also for non rebels factions
    By all logic it should work the same. I may be mistaken in that I recall differently, from playing BTB mod, which was long time ago anyhow.
    Last edited by eatme; April 12, 2010 at 02:50 PM.

Ok Thanks

Well I have to say That When I Launch the Game With the 6.3 the Screen go back to the menu instead to start the campaign ...

Instead With 6.2 all works perfectly...
    Last edited by Lord Willy; April 12, 2010 at 02:49 PM.

eatme's Avatar Senator

Hmm.. It worked ok for me. Granted that I followed the installation instructions. Clean installed 6.0 (new folder, not over the previous dlv installs), then 6.3 on top of that. No extra mods.

Yeah Same , But Dunno why It dosent start ... I have Windoews 7 ... Repman or Taji or whoever I never had such a poroblem in 4 years od DLV , if you Have any Suggestion it will be Awesome

Thanks

Lord Willy

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Actually the first post says both... It says 6.2 is necessary right at the top, then down in the install instructions it says you should install 6.3 over 6.0.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Seems I ve never before in all the time had this happenstance -) Does it happen same way with any AI faction, which I thought not ?

"-kaya" AFAIK in Russian, denotes feminine gender. As such it would fit Novgorodskaya Respublica, which stands for Republic of Novgorod. But in the way this faction is called in DLV, it should go simply Gosudar Velikiy Novgorod, which is "Lord Novgorod the Great" - masculine gender
    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novgorod_Republic
    Well. This is the guy who implemented it, so you might check his files, and how. Then drop it in this thread with some referances.

Then I'm 99% sure Repman will take your work in the door. And that is how easy it is to contribute to DLV

Quote Originally Posted by eatme

cheers

I brought this up before I think in this thread or in the "WIN 7 BUGS" thread. Anyway, to me personally, it doesn't make sense that after 3 turns rebel forts are automatically turned over without a fight/battle. Hopefully this is something changed in DLV 6.3

P.S. My condolences to the Polish people for their tragic losses over the weekend.

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski