Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

Default Re: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010

I'm at 1212 playing as England (as always) and had one CTD around 1205 but luckily the autosave file worked fine after.
    I've started to play according to the excellent stickied strategy guide and I am amazed at how easy the game is once you stick to the rules and advice given in said guide. It is 1212 and I have taken over most of France, Northern Spain, wiped out the Spanairds and my econemy is booming with 11000 florins per turn.
    "The exact contrary of what is generally believed is often the truth."
    Jean de la Bruyère

Thanks Repman Thanks to the team to make MTW2 as in my dreams

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
    Δεῖμος καὶ Φόβος

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Got another bug. When I started my campaign I built a few templar chapters , and could thus recruit templar units . After that I went on a conquest rampage , and conquered many towns with hospitaller chapters in them . At one point during the campaign , I lost the ability to recruit templars , and now I can only recuit hospitaller units . Can't retrain / recuit any templar unit .

It's not something I am overly worried about ... Ok , my experienced templars will soon go extinct , but at least I get those very cool looking black clad killer knights , which I prefer somehow. (And I'm not the only one if I remember all those templars/hospitallers polls correctly)

Any word on the ability to control reinforcement armies? Did it get removed , and if yes , why? Is it an unfortunate side-effect from a script? I posted it before , but haven't received any feedback on it , except from Taiji a while back while I wrote something about it in the BB thread. But I'm not sure if it's because of the BB implementation in 6.3 , or from something else...

It would be nice to get some feedback on this , because I use reinforcement armies a lot during my campaigns , and I am a control freak.

Edit : O yeah , in 1362 I encountered one CTD which corrupted a quicksave at the beginning of a battle
    Last edited by LaMuerte; March 19, 2010 at 10:09 AM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

The first post still hasn't been changed to reflect the fact that BB2.48Update4 is not in this beta.

So I am mentioning it again

And BTW I have tried PMing Repman about it but with no response.
    Last edited by Taiji; March 19, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

@Taijii
    You are correct, but the only missing thing are the stat_health changes in the edu file. so the behaviour on the battlefield would be the same.

@LaMuerte, ptg, Furin
    Thanks for the feedback
    I asked the general public some threads before what the effects the activating of the Taijii + germanicus5 battle scripts have on the battlefield in testing the open beta, but nobody answered. So if they have no effects , should i delete them for greater stability in the future ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

I am happy to test and help, about stability I think that Taiji made a great improvement there with his changes to the campaign script, I am currently working with him on some mods to his mod and while playing it I have+/- 0.001crashes (well to be honest I had one crash after playing 6 hours straight), also not the ones I seldomly get at the end of the Ai turn in 6.3 unmodified, so the culprit for the remaining crashes must be in what Taiji did to clean up the campaign script.

Also I made some changes to the Ai behavior and I hope Taiji will like them and he and later you'll take them too in a future version, because it's like a different game with them, totally awesome stuff there, very lively campaigns with permanent fear of the AI and simulated semi-smart AI diplomacy/behavior. I am amzed that I finally got enough experience with modding all these files to actually get a result i was aiming for.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Hello,
    i´m playing hre - vh/vh with most options on and large unit size.
    here´s the log:
    17:41:10.008 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:41:10.337 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Sep 10 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-111 (47072) ===
    17:41:10.337 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:41:10.337 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:41:10.337 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:41:10.352 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:41:10.352 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:41:10.352 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:41:14.493 [game.script] [error] Condition parsing error in mods/DLV_ext/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt, at line 15255, column 46
    trigger not found
    17:44:11.602 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.
    the game crashes every time i load it. last time i played it was 12.03.2010. my earlier ERE with similar stats loads without ctd.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Tartaros, at least update to kingdoms 1.5 if you are going to play DLV 6.X

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    @Taijii
    You are correct, but the only missing thing are the stat_health changes in the edu file. so the behaviour on the battlefield would be the same.
    You're wrong about what has changed but I'm not going to push it any more. Just please stop claiming to include a version you have not included and I am fine with it. And thankyou, it is of course an honor for me to have any work included
    Last edited by Taiji; March 19, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The merchant cavalry issue should be fixed in order to ballance the game. The danish stone arhus is pumping out armour piercing swords attatched to the merchant cavalry like some 20th centurys war factory. Just saying.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Sivil is right, and it's my mistake. They need to have 'ap' replaced with 'no' on the weapon attribute line.

GSB - Grand Strategy Brazil
    A community of
    Lusophone Total War

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

It's an idea of Konny's (a modder from the 'Das Heilige Römische Reich' mod) as far as I know, but Sensei Kiisu got the idea from Demont's mod in our minimods section!

Funny thing is that DLV already allows this function when the player has attained multiple legendary swords. We can already boost authority with transferable ancillaries.

It's nice for those that don't like to have to play the game to earn the function. And it can provide a stronger assurance than the +3-6 auth we might be able to generate with 3 swords or so.
    Last edited by Taiji; March 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM.

I liked the possibility of creating a line of succession.

GSB - Grand Strategy Brazil
    A community of
    Lusophone Total War

That would be pretty sweet, I always liked the idea of selecting whoever I want as my heir. I don't know why it wasn't put into the orignal game in the first place.

Been away from DLV for 2 months, and I come back to a beta.. SWEET!.. Starting a camp now.

The Jewish synagogues are useless now they used to make a good amount of money now they don't. Totally ruined the game for me. I love the symbols though is there a way I can apply that to 6.2 ?

with me it's impossible to begin a campaign. I choose the faction and, next brig me back to the choice of the campaign. Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by pastolie View Post
    Been away from DLV for 2 months, and I come back to a beta.. SWEET!.. Starting a camp now.
    Aye, DLV - practically a planet - any day now.

In export_desc_guilds there are some references to units that no longer exist, fe. byzantine infantry for swordsmith guild.

Edit: I have stripped the camapign script of most functionalities and started a test run. No crashes whatsoever. So the remaining crashes (end/middle of ai faction tuns), at least for me using winvista hp, come from stuff in the campaign script, not from traits or edb/edu etc. I am currently trying to rebuild the thing with my limited knowledge, similar to, but not exactly as, Taiji did with his BB campaign script. Okay I said that too early, even with a fully cleared out campaign script, the possibility of crashes at the end, or the middle, of the AI turn, increases as the campaign develops to the midgame (around and after 1240). I have no idea what is causing it though and don't really know what to do.
    Last edited by Furin; April 07, 2010 at 07:25 AM.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

Quote Originally Posted by Taiji View Post
    Tartaros, at least update to kingdoms 1.5 if you are going to play DLV 6.X
    Ohh yeah, i´m such a noob...

i noticed a small bug (don´t know if it´s really a bug).
    i´m playing as poland vh/vh
    and my hier managed to marry a kievan princess. i agreed an alliance, open map and military access for both. also the familymemberdescription mentioned the wife´s kievian relationship.

but ingame it was not with kiev, instead it was with lithuania.

If I read this correctly, this has DLV 6.2 included with the 6.3 changes all in one. Would it be possible to get a version that goes from 6.2 -> 6.3 and not from 6.0 -> 6.3 for those who already have 6.2... I ask because I have a slow internet and a bandwidth limit.
    Last edited by CoolBreeze-90; April 09, 2010 at 08:10 AM.