Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

Default DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010 (BB2.48 Update3)

DLV 6.3 Openbeta_01
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/21292882/DLV_Patch 293 MB

It only works if you have Kingdoms_Patch 1.5 installed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
    - DLV 6.2 necessary (clean, unchanged)

Full install (6.0, 6.2 and 6.3) at google drive, thanks Bagatur Sasha

Changelog Patch 6.3 openbeta 01 includes Patch 6.2
    - included most part of Taijis Battlefield Balance BB2.48Update3: except builing, traits files, NFOW script
    - some of Furins fixes: american invasion, mongols invasion
    - Norse Roster II Overhaul Mod (0.41 BETA) by Sivilombudsmannen
    - The Text Overhaul Mod (v0.93 Beta) by Shaxx
    - COMPLETE SYMBOL SET for DLV 6.2 (last update: 17.Jan.2010): by Tokus Maximus, Shadrach
    - Real Moors Project [RMP] v2.0 (last update: 06.Jan.2010) by HbHadast
    - Units' Cards improvement Project [UCiP] v.28 BETA by Agis Tournas
    - The Basileía ton Romaíon improvement Project (version DLV-BtRiP-v.03) by Agis Tournas
    - smaller probability of economic events: (negativ now equal positiv ones)

Thank you to everybody who has contributed to DLV

No new elements from my side....more an compilation of submods (based on the one of Agis Tournas)
    Now i can think of new features or more of furins ideas,...

No crashes from my side reported...only error messages in the log files if the battle script is activated...maybe i do something wrong ?

If people are developping submods...test them with tools as name_verifier, geomod tools,...older errors reappear everytime when i check them....

Installation: not save compatible to DLV 6.2 or any other stuff
    - install kingdoms patch 1.5 !!!!!
    - clean Install DLV 6.0 (no addons or...):
    - Execute file Deus_lo_Vult_63_Openbeta_01.exe and enter the correct path for the installation
    Example: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War
    (For Germans change it to: C:\Programme\SEGA\Medieval II Total War !!!!)
    Not into the mods folder as for 6.0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore the warnings of write protected files !
    Don't close the pop-up windows even if takes minutes to perform, wait until they close by themselves.
    Last edited by Gigantus; June 09, 2021 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Added Link

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Default Re: DLV 6.3 openbeta_01 02\21\2010

Thank you very much!

Waiting long long long long time!

repman!

I LOVE YOU!

Jaketh's Avatar Praeses

downloading now

You're two days late. My birthday was february 19th.

Great, I will download it immidiatly.

I shall start re-implementing the changes I did with 6.2 with this version today. I have already seen with the 6.2 version, that these changes do have a huge impact on how the ai behaves on the campaign map, I believe for the better, but that depends on your preference of playstyle (I optimized for accepting all the initial decisions, but the building and recruitment limitations).

So before you start doing it yourself give me some time to deliver a working and tested version that you can start with, instead of working alongside and coming to different results. My goal would be to have (all?) these changes implemented into 6.4 so I don't have to do it all again.

Stuff I plan to do/changes to:

- recruitment and upkeep costs with a shift away from upkeep to initial cost
    - settlement_mechanics for slower growth
    - build times
    - campaign_ai_db
    - diplomacy and faction standing
    - traits and ancilliaries
    - initial extra spawned rebel armies in a way that does not boost the players initial region strengh for calculations (as invade behavior of the ai is always calculating the players armies+the slave enemy armies). Just with building watchtowers the player can have a full extra army (the rebels) for the cost of 500 (the devastation)
    - changes to strat
    - all the other stuff from my thread but implemented in a way a new player can understand (trait descriptions, maybe popup messages)

It will take me some time to achieve and then test it, so please be patient with me. Sorry I cannot give an estimate of when it's done but I'll try hurry.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Edit1: I got a question, the 6.3 installation puts 3 files into the MTW2 root data/ui named battle.sd, shared.sd and strategy.sd. I was planning to keep my old 6.2 version and install 6.3 alongside into a new folder so I can copy parts of what is working already and also compare the impacts on the gamplay by playing both versions at the same time. Are they compatible to the old version? Is it impossible to have a 6.2 and 6.3 installation at the same time in different modfolders or can I achieve that?. The filezize is the same as in 6.2 but I guess it can't hurt to ask.

Edit2: Nevermind, I just installed it anyway, impatient as i am, and it's working just fine. The new faction symbols are plain AWESOME!!!! I have added the "disable_file_cache = true" thingie to the cfg file, to avoid any interference with the old version, as described in the XAI thread. Works like a charm. Now I can't wait to playtest the new version in all it's glory and see if it needs the same adjustments as the old one or if it's working just peachy. Really excited now, thanks a ton for the new release!!!
    Last edited by Furin; February 21, 2010 at 04:21 AM.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

Since Tokus has fixed all the sd stuff, the extra sd files in the standard MTW folder are no more necessary...

hope you have fun with the beta

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Leonnidas's Avatar Semisalis

Downloading, can't wait to play the new DLV.

Thank you repman

P.S. Changelog Patch 6.3 openbeta 01 includes Patch 6.2
    - included most part of Taijis Battlefield Balance BB2.48Update3: except builing, traits files, NFOW script <-- May I ask, why?
    Last edited by Leonnidas; February 22, 2010 at 03:30 PM.

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Why is my huge amount of work on recruitment not included, Repman?
    Last edited by Taiji; February 21, 2010 at 07:26 AM.

Excellent work repman, as usual. One question. Does 6.3 incorporate changes that might help us unfortunates with the cursed "unspecified error" campaign map CTD?

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    Since Tokus has fixed all the sd stuff, the extra sd files in the standard MTW folder are no more necessary...

hope you have fun with the beta

repman
    Great I will

To answer the bots question, I just encountered the first unspecified CTD after all the ai factions ended their turn (aka at the beginning of the player's faction or maybe at the end of the slaves). It is pretty much the same as before and happens in my games when:

- I fight a battle (there is something fishy with the transition between campaign map and battles)
    - and then I conquer this region, after that the CTD happens pretty often at the end of the AI's turn

But after reloading everything works nice again. I suspect it has something to do with using Vista because this kind of CTD never happened as long as i used WinXP. Maybe something with how the files are processed between battles and the campaign map and something get's "lost" in between. Or maybe the AI want's to follow it's old instructions regarding campaign expansion/behaviour and then, due to the newly changed ownership of the region I took, the calculation is not right any more and it crashes.

My suggestion, and how I live with this, is to save every year and then, after a fought battle, I save again in a different slot. So the worst I can loose is the 1 minute time for the AI's turn.

What I noticed with the beta is that the advisor is popping up when I start the assault on a settlement (still on the campaign map though, the girl in the upper left corner) that is new I totally turned off the advisor so I don't know what's going on there.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Nice ! Exiting!

Downloading now.

One question : I have BB2.48 installed . Can I install 6.3 over it?

/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/|\/

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    Nice ! Exiting!

Downloading now.

I would go with a clean install, but just rename the dlv_ext folder in mods.

Afterall, from what I can see is missing, you might wish to revert to 6.2+BB.
    Last edited by Taiji; February 21, 2010 at 09:22 AM.

Yea, why was Taji's excellent recruitment work left out?

"Thanks be to Heaven, now the Half Moon Triumphs no longer over the Cross.....Neither have the Turks any occasion to upbraid us w/ their Blasphemous Mahometan Proverb: Ye Christians where is your God?"
    ~ King of Poland, Jan III Sobieski

I must thank Shadrach for his collaboration on the new symbol set files - we did it together!

DLV is an ongoing inspiration Repman - a rich tapestry of many fine threads. The gang are great!

-- Tokus

Hi, Repman, please add all of Taiji's works in DLV 6.3, DLV is not simply my favorite mod, and unique which i play, others for me are uninteresting. Do not killed the sensation of the medieval wars..

Yours faithfully, Kela.

Last edited by kela; February 21, 2010 at 04:06 PM.

Agis Tournas's Avatar ★ Modder-at-Arms ★

Proud to see my work included, repman...
    A BIG THANX

Cheers
    Agis
    A mini-mod is never late! Nor is it ever early. It arrives precisely when I mean it to do!

Son of Agisilaos / Grandson of jimkatalanos / Great-grandson of Garbarsardar

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    Nice ! Exiting!

Downloading now.

Great Work.

I also have installed "BB2.48" as well as "complete symbol set" by Tokus earlier. According to the instruction, a clean 6.2 is necessary for installaion of 6.3. As I am not quite familiar with this, grateful if anyone could let me know:

Should I delete the whole mod file of 6.2 (with modifications), if yes, how? Then, reinstall a clean 6.2 and finally install 6.3?

Is there any other more simple installation? Detailed instruction would be nice. Thanks a lot.

Ahlerich's Avatar Praeses

has some teutonic starting stuff been changed? new little army?

anyways tested it yesterday...really pretty! real overall eyecandy.

SUGGESTION: 4tpy

why is there no 4 or more turn per year script inserted yet? wouldnt it make perfect sense with all the roleplaying features to make generals live longer this way and develop the rpg characters more due to more turns/ lifetime?
    Last edited by Ahlerich; February 22, 2010 at 03:22 AM.

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by gnowwong View Post
    Great Work.

I also have installed "BB2.48" as well as "complete symbol set" by Tokus earlier. According to the instruction, a clean 6.2 is necessary for installaion of 6.3. As I am not quite familiar with this, grateful if anyone could let me know:

Should I delete the whole mod file of 6.2 (with modifications), if yes, how? Then, reinstall a clean 6.2 and finally install 6.3?

Is there any other more simple installation? Detailed instruction would be nice. Thanks a lot.

Furin made a new post about this topic, I hope it will clear things out for you :

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=334563

Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast