Thread: Sylvanian Economy!

Default Sylvanian Economy!

so...how does one start out to create a good economy to turn the rest of the Empire into the undead? you start out with a whole lot of troops that just kills the finances because of the upkeep.

Default Re: Sylvanian Economy!

Well, you can:
    - expand very fast
    - change king's purse
    - give free upkeep to all your infantry (they have it btw in my submod)

I reduced the upkeep of some of the units (Blood Dragons and Black Vampire knights have a disgustingly high upkeep), gave all basic skeletons the free upkeep in cities attribute, and gave zombies zero upkeep at all times (they still have a recruitment cost though). You still need to expand fast, but you won't go into a huge defecit.

Increasing Kings purse would make sense too (though I didn't do this), since last time I checked, Vampire Counts weren't exactly poor.

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Without any changes to files, some points:
    - move all freeupkeep units in settlements
    - Expand fast, even if it costs you lot of units, it boosts economy highly
    - Train only freeupkeep/low upkeep unit at the beginning
    - Taxes very high

If still having hard time, literaly sacrifice your units to weaken enemy, or disband them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    - Taxes very high

If still having hard time, literaly sacrifice your units to weaken enemy, or disband them.
    yea thats what i always do. In fact, when i first started out i just do not bother creating units, gather what I got to hit the city to the northwest. Capture it on turn 3 but at that point, im getting ridiculously close to a deficit. I was building a road in drakenhof, and the other two cities is building farms to increase population.

did what Thrawn advise me to. So i got a bunch of free unkeep units in the cities. Woot for Skeletons! I think i will also change the King's Purse. Its too damn low for a bunch of immortals.

For Sylvania, I honestly just blitz the enemy with thousands of cheap units. I moved so deep into the heart of the empire with some of my original spawning army intact. I expand very fast with three or four full stack armies.

The only issue with Sylvania is that they have only hostile lands surrounding them. Often the Orcs will come up through Karak Kadrin and attack Sylvania from behind.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Quote Originally Posted by Kahvipannu View Post
    - Taxes very high

Slyvania doesn't have free upkeep units. That is the big problem. (as well as having 2 or 3 900 upkeep Blood Dragons, along with quite a few expensive Black Vampires)

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Cleardream View Post
    Slyvania doesn't have free upkeep units. That is the big problem. (as well as having 2 or 3 900 upkeep Blood Dragons, along with quite a few expensive Black Vampires)
    I'm pretty sure they have some "empire" units with free-upkeep
    Not sure, I played with them last time with CoWH 1.0..
    or did you mean they don't have them in the beginning?
    Well, only one option then.. Blitzkrieg!

i did but for some reason the Stirling capital plus some of the closest settlements have some very odd after-battle results. It auto exterminated the populace, no sacking to gain some money....So that massive army of units are just soaking up money like crazy, now that i have GAT's mod plus giving me a slight boost in the King's purse is helping me just enough to not bankrupt me in the first few turns.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Moved to the Suggestions thread

While playing with Sylvania I've learned that the best army should be solely made from Skeleton Warriors with Swords and Spears to flood the enemy with their numbers plus 4-6 cavalry units to attack from the rear/back. Such army composition gave me a lot of victories. Blood Dragons and Wights are great but there are too few of them and they cost the player a lot of money to train and upkeep (they shouldn't really as they are dead but for the sake of balanced game they must).

Wights???!!!!!?????

Grave Guards and Black Knights are all Wights. They use Wight Blades that give them Killing Blow special rule in TT.