Thread: The Aristeia FAQ

Default The Aristeia FAQ

1) I see odd shadows around heroes.

These are a side effect of the feature which enables us to implement one-man heroes and also allows those heroes to gain or loose abilities through campaign traits.

2) There are collisions between sword and shield on heroes when they stand idle.

Unavoidable given the current set of animations. This is not so much a bug as a slight annoyance. Sometimes, in particular with the heroes, the sword shall go through the shield when standing idle as they must use the knife animation.

3) When my hero dies in custom battles it displays a different name.

Yes it does because in custom battles each army is led by a captain, even if a general's bodyguard is selected as the first unit. I would recommend choosing another unit other than a hero unit to be the first (and therefore commanding) unit in your army. When heroes die this will still cause a large decrease in morale for all troops.

4) My game crashes when I switch off unit shaders

Aristeia requires unit shaders in order to work, do not switch them off.

5) When my hero dies in custom battles there are two bodies.

Custom battles don't use generals but captains, so the second body is that of the captain and is unavoidable.

6) My hero just stands there when I order him to attack the walls

Heroes can not attack walls.

7) One on one hero battles aren't very smooth

As most people are probably now aware one man units are implemented by using the elephant class in the RTW engine. This will result in them charging and fighting awkwardly. Given the limits of the game engine this is also unavoidable.

8) The unit sizes are stuck on medium and I can't change them

This is required for one man units.

9) I have two man heroes!

If you use the auto-detect settings button then you may knock off the one-man units. If this happens navigate to your preferences file and change the unit_size property back to 40. Also make sure you are running the alexander.exe as administrator if you have vista or windows 7.

10) I don't like one man heroes

This is the whole premise of Aristeia, the definition of the title and the reason for the mod being made! Why did you download it if not to play with one man heroes?
    Last edited by Zhuge_Liang; June 13, 2010 at 07:02 AM.