Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Proposal: Kampf um Europa III

Default Proposal: Kampf um Europa III

• name of the forum (TITLE and SUBTITLE)

"Kampf um Europa III: The Final Battle"
    • detailed subfora structure (with subforum TITLES and SUBTITLES)

Imperial Palace: The Last Word
    Government District: The Governing Heart
    The Commons: RPG Zone
    Publications: The Reich in the Written Word
    Archives: That Musty Place

• a list of recommended local moderators, who don't have any active infraction points (min. 2)

Ultimation, Stildawn, Pattonrommel, Santini

• a list of active, committed members who are ready and willing to play the game (min. 5)

Santini, Stildawn, Pattonrommel, Ultimation, Ace_General

• well thought-out, viable, detailed and original game proposal: how would this game work, what kind of mod are you using, what is the basic rule-set, what are the original ideas, etc.

Outline:
    Strict player hierarchy:
    The Decider Class: King, Chancellor. Residing in the imperial palace, responsible for overseeing the flow of capital debate

The General Staff and Nobility: Those with von in their names. Residing in the governmental district, responsible for formulating all military, financial, industrial, social policy.

The Citizenship: those not yet accepted into the upper classes. Residing in the commons, and responsible for the daily hustle and bustle.

The operation of the empire will revolved around the debate chamber.
    Within the capital, every Saturday or Sunday, a debate may be issued by any noble or general staffer. The debate must begin with a deadline, given in weeks.
    Within a chamber, the issue must be presented, discussed and decided by the end of Friday. If they are not, either chancellor or king is permitted to instantly adjudicate.

To rise in class, you must be represented in a chamber, and your admittance voted upon.

To speak without invitation above your station is strictly forbidden- however, once invited any citizen may speak in the house of a noble, or even the king's chambers.

Subforums:
    Palace
    Government District
    Commons
    Newspaper
    Archives
    Registration

The battle system:
    Each Saturday and Sunday, the end turn save will be handed off to up to 4 different players, and the battle action conducted.

Once a week, any players wishing to command will post up their availabilities for that weekend. The saves will then be issued- first by order of rank, and secondly in order of signup.

Initially, the setup will be thus: the two landheer officers on the general staff will simply oversee the entire pool of available officers, and will be responsible for overseeing the save transfer.

However, as officers rise in prestige, army groups will be formed, and each run to the liking of the general in charge.
    Last edited by Santini; February 20, 2010 at 03:36 AM.

Default Re: Proposal: Kampf um Europa III

What faction are you thinking of?
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

*all innocent like*

What, the name doesn't give it away?

Yeah, I just thought you mightn't have thought of a faction yet and just decided to call it KuE for the proposal.
    Anyway, I think that Prussia is ok but I'd prefer a smaller faction like perhaps Knights of St. John or Italian States or something of that sort
    Son of Major Darling | House of Caesars | Content Writer | My Workshop | Moderator

*shrug*
    When KuE was running properly, the issue wasn't finding people to command the battles- it was finding battles for people to command. With a smaller nation, the issue would be amplified.

How do you plan on stopping the same thing happening like last time?

Stildawn's Avatar The Legislator of 'Lol'

Yeah im not too keen on prussia lol too done.

@Stilldawn:
    Denmark or Hannover seemed pretty cool- leaning towards Denmark.
    @Darling:
    As with KuE 1, I am ETW capable, and at school (as opposed to an internship during KuE 2).
    This insures that each week there will always be at least one player capable and ready to push the RPG along should it stall.

An RPG like this is very sensitive to any loss of interest in the opening stages, but by insuring the weekly schedule is followed, interest will build.

Praepositus
    Citizen

Already agree. As you know I want to be Chancellor or King. (we did already agree this didn't we?).

Praepositus

I like the idea of Denmark

I agree that Denmark has an action-packed campaign and is a great faction. I've played the full campaign with Denmark and that's what I vote for

I would say Denmark... Also, Santini you should be King for once

Watercress's Avatar Praeses
    Her Majesty's Extraterrestrial Possessions

Dibs on Konig.

Praepositus

For Denmark it's Kong

The two top positions, King and Chancellor, have already both been chosen.

For now, we need:
    1 finance Marshall.

However, this isn't the place to discuss it- go ahead and PM me if you're interested.
    The positions list is deliberately- KuE3 is going to start off as streamlined as possible, staffed by those I know from experience have the time and desire to make this RPG run.

Once we get going, members of drive and merit will of course run to the top, and the General Staff will expand. But until then, the smallest possible GS will insure that each duty is fulfilled in the first vital weeks with a minimum of fuss, allowing newer players to get their bearings in a "stable" environment.
    Last edited by Santini; February 21, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

Praepositus

I call army

I dunno... your... "attention to detail" seems lacking

:-D

PM me and we can chat.

I'm dedicated and could go on everyday. Any certain positions needed?

Also: I'm pro-denmark.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan the Man
    obviously I'm a large angry black woman and you're a hot blonde!

Quote Originally Posted by Santini View Post
    For now, we need:
    2 army, 1 navy, 1 finance and 1 development Marshall.

However, this isn't the place to discuss it- go ahead and PM me if you're interested.
    I swear, you people

If Ultimation doesn't mind, I'd also like to run KuE3 out of the Republic of Venice forum.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast