Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2009

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

Default Re: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    Congrats to all the winners!

well deserved!
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Opifex

Quote Originally Posted by DisgruntledGoat View Post
    So you only mod to be popular and win awards. Here I thought modding was about having fun doing something you like. Your pathetic attempt to cover up your sore loser attitude with a "defender of the little guy" mantra is hilarious. I suggest leaving the TWC and modding altogether because obviously you are here for the wrong reasons.
    Uhhh, there's absolutely no need to be so disgruntled and obnoxious to another user here. Regardless of whether you approve of his motives or not, the fact is that he's been creating amazing content, continues to create amazing content, and if all of our modders have done a little less ing about other modders, and a little more of actual modding, they wouldn't have as much time to be needlessly destructive. I have no personal gripe against you, but while davide was merely whining, your contribution has been to actually destroy an active modding activity. So you need to cut that out, and pronto, as well as review what your actual priorities are here.

If my mod gets less content or a quit modder because of your unnecessary hostility here I will be disgruntled indeed.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; February 21, 2010 at 06:57 PM.

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    If my mod gets less content or a quit modder because of your unnecessary hostility here I will be disgruntled indeed.
    So you actually think he`d rather quit modding than stop whining and raining on other people`s parade? If that`s the truth than DG had amazing insight in guessing he`s here for the wrong reasons.
    Last edited by florin80; February 21, 2010 at 09:26 PM.

ScholarsWinner(s): Aradan
    Runner-Ups: wlesmana (T-2nd), PatricianS (T-2nd), HouseOfHam (T-3rd), HamilcarBarca (T-3rd)
    I hope I didn't lose by a single vote - because I forgot to vote myself!

Equal third!

That's the end of me.

Next year I will muster an army of voters!

H.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

My congrats, To the winner,s, runners up and all who took part, and thank you to the organizers of the competition, regards, mags

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Congratulations to all the winners!

And, in some occasions, also to their Public Relations teams.

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

I realize that the awards can create some hostilities, since it is a competition and there will be personal differences, and with all hostilities the fault is always placed with respect to whosoever is doing the blaming, but let's be civil shall we? Communication of a personal nature should be taken to PM if it must continue. If the discussion gets out of hand I will be forced to delete involved posts, but I hope I won't have to.

Carry on then gents!

Quote Originally Posted by leif_erikson View Post
    Wow, I'm quite surprised that I won, thanks a million gents.
    what surprises me is that you won an award for Rome modding, as i did not know you did that. so you received at least one vote for M2TW unit texture artist too...

this is my main problem with the current form. while TW awards is now spread over 3 platforms, i suspect gamers and modders are mostly locked onto their favorite platform or historical era/area.
    beyond the few compiled works, one is most likely to vote for that which one knows already(which i obviously did).
    perhaps next awards a general notice could be sent to dev-teams, moding projects or at least team leaders, some time in advance, urging them to compile what elligable stuff they have.

all in all it was good fun and winners certainly deserved.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by SigniferOne View Post
    Uhhh, there's absolutely no need to be so disgruntled and obnoxious to another user here. Regardless of whether you approve of his motives or not, the fact is that he's been creating amazing content, continues to create amazing content, and if all of our modders have done a little less ing about other modders, and a little more of actual modding, they wouldn't have as much time to be needlessly destructive. I have no personal gripe against you, but while davide was merely whining, your contribution has been to actually destroy an active modding activity. So you need to cut that out, and pronto, as well as review what your actual priorities are here.

Wow, looks like I am right. Davide is only on the TWC to be coddled and loved and if he doesn't get the recognition he deserves he s and moans and then leaves. Needlessly destructive? Please Davide brought this back lash on himself and I most certainly didn't actively destroy anything.

Lol, I gotta stop critizing people for being whining sore losers pronto and review MY priorities. God Sig you are just too rich sometimes. Best of luck to you and your mod, its probably better off without Davide.
    Last edited by DisgruntledGoat; February 22, 2010 at 06:18 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Please guys, stop fanning the flames. You are three distinguished modders who, between you, have contributed an incredible body of work to the TW genre, and it looks bad, when you squabble like this. Nobody profits from all this anger, at least agree to disagree on this matter, lest the wounds are dug deeper.
    Last edited by Tony83; February 22, 2010 at 07:37 AM.

I am a big TW fan, but only discovered this site last night! I feel like a kid in a candy store and everything is free! I did not know where to post my thanks so here it is.

I would like to thank the folks who created work for all of us to enjoy. I know that I myself will be receiving countless days of real-time fun and satisfaction from creations by this community. In most cases these thrills would never have been obtainable through actual game developers due to their own time constraints. Also you have resurrected Vanilla boredom and created pure gold. I for one will look at these improvements and additions and think:" This is how it should be." What greater reward can there be knowing you have made something wonderful that many many people will enjoy for many many months?

What is done here by mods is magic. For those of you that have not received a mention, know that you have my gratitude and the gratitude of many others.

Thank you for the goodies. May you receive plenty in return.
    Last edited by superscenic; February 22, 2010 at 08:22 AM.
    Thank you for Hours and Hours Of enjoyment. Modders make every day like Christmas.

Sebulba's Avatar Miles

Congratulations to all winners!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Please guys, stop fanning the flames. You are three distinguished modders who, between you, have contributed an incredible body of work to the TW genre, and it looks bad, when you squabble like this. Nobody profits from all this anger, at least agree to disagree on this matter, lest the wounds are dug deeper.
    Agreed. I don't see any need for the hostilities here.

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Congrats everyone and thank you for the great work!

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blackadder View Post
    Agreed. I don't see any need for the hostilities here.
    A TWC modding awards without hostilities. Maybe in the land of the Eloi, but there be only Morlocks here!.

Blog Entries

Beans beans are good for the heart, the more you eat the more you fart, the more you fart the better you feel, however old beans can give you indigestion which can lead to coronary pulmonary failure so are best avoided.

Mega Tortas de Bodemloze's Avatar Let's Get After It
    Fort Hood, Texas/Parramatta, New South Wales, Bristol, Tennessee

OMG....I can't take it anymore.... {falls out of chair}

OT: All the modders of TWC should be commended for all there blood, sweat, and tears that they leave in this place.
    Last edited by Mega Tortas de Bodemloze; February 23, 2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: grammar
    A Lion serves in Winter, then perhaps a Unicorn for the Spring.

If you cannot stand behind what you say.... then do not speak. If your words are taken out of context,
    then the weight of the evidence will still fall in your favor and carry the day

The Casual Tortoise: Mega's Guide to Fast Turtling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Tortas View Post
    OMG....I can't take it anymore.... {falls out of chair}

OT: All the modders of TWC should be commended for all there blood, swaet, and tears that they leave in this place.
    I've often spewed blood sweat and tears while sitting at my computer, but never while modding.

Biarchus

Thanks to everyone who has ever modded anything ever for making the Total Wars series such an incredible experience.
    "I'll tell you what rule sir....we applied Rule 303. We caught them and we shot them under RULE THREE OH THREE!"

"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it!"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast