Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2009

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Default Re: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2009

Congrats to all the winners! and while the awards format wasn't perfect it's certainly a huge step in the right direction......good Job to all involved

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

congratz to the winners

DAVIDE's Avatar QVID MELIVS ROMA?

if i remember, many mods listed here werent in the nominations

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

congratulations and thank you to all !!

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa

All this system of nominees and votations is not crystalline and i officially protest

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

hah looking on the winners- some users have strange taste for quality so the problems are not in the system but in the users

f.e. if you sak me BC's interface is awful \ no offence \ but it's first place ?! Eaven Russ2's interace is better
    Last edited by gogo t; February 20, 2010 at 08:33 AM.
    MORAL

Congratulations to all the winners ! Though I think there's still too much "I know that person and he can do that, so I'll vote for him". I can see that since I'm the 3th runner-up in scripting

Might I also say that Kepper isn't really a Rising star, seeing that he registrated in 2007 ?

hah looking on the winners- some users have stranche taste of quality so the problems are not in the system but in the users
    I do agree that most of the awards are correct, but there are some weird things

But I'm pretty positive that you can't eliminate that

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blackadder View Post
    Might I also say that Kepper isn't really a Rising star, seeing that he registrated in 2007 ?
    I voted for Kepper because he's relatively new to the RTR team and he's learning things at an amazing speed. Remember this is not the site awards, but moddrs awards, which is something entirely different imo...

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

Congratulations and a huge thank you to all the winners!!! Keep going guys you set example for some of us!!

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Icon14 Re: TWC Modding Awards Winners 2009

Well done everyone!

hip63

p.s. - thanks Darth!

Quote Originally Posted by PatricianS View Post
    I voted for Kepper because he's relatively new to the RTR team and he's learning things at an amazing speed. Remember this is not the site awards, but moddrs awards, which is something entirely different imo...
    Oh right, forgot it was about the time he started modding, rather than registrating

Also forgot to congratulate all moderators involved, especially Augustus Lucifer

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Dave old boy as much as I hate to disagree what you say, this isn't the case at all sir, it was quite clear in the instructions from the start! ......

Most importantly, you can vote for any mod or modder (that is eligible) you want in each category. You don't have to select from the people who compiled work. As long as your vote is clear, it will be counted for that person or mod. Don't abbreviate names, and it's in your best interests to provide links to the mod/modder so we know exactly who you're talking about. Links aren't required, but if a vote can't be established by name alone, and there's no link either, it will have to be discarded, since we can't laboriously contact every voter and ask for clarification.
    Ok but what compiled work process serves for? nothing! just a pathetic waste of time for people out there. And then why non listed nominees werent took in consideration in the very beginning but then for some reason, someone decided the opposite? maybe because many entries were still empty at the beginning of votation? (i still remember that) - Well in a sane country pm election, if in the vote list i have:

1) G. Brown
    2) T. Blair
    3) Prince William

if i then vote Carla Bruni, my vote is considered null

And what is the role of indipendent modders here? With indipendent im meaning the guys not working for big modifications on twc but they just contribute anyway here with their mods. They will win anything because:

1) they have not the fame of something else
    2) they have not the "audience" of something else
    3) blablablabla mmm bop

??????????????????????????

Why if someone creates a megahuge-uber-awesome modification of SMario Bros taking it to the levels of a Zelda and then the other one makes a not special mod for Crysis as there are millions of it in the web, the guy who worked with Crysis wins the awards? Maybe because Crysis by default is graphically nicer, more enjoyable and because of the name Crysis on it?

This is not fair anyway.

At this point we should do as someone proposed time ago.. to take 10 neutral people with the role of judges and these guys tries every mod nominated and at the end they elects the mod that technically really deserves the award. Not the most popular

Maybe this is the reason why ghost rider-like blockbuster movies never win Oscars.
    Last edited by DAVIDE; February 20, 2010 at 08:51 AM.

gogo t's Avatar BULGARIAN

As I said it is vote for friends and form mods not for modders... If someone works for modA \which is the "hottest" mod\ an someone works for modb,c,d \where few people will see his works\ it is normal taht the users will vote for the one who is form ModA
    Then if you are my friend I'll vote for you cause you are from my country, or you are fan of my favourite football club or I just like your jokes....
    So I dont see why you are so mad about this, it is just for fun.... ofcurse I'm surprised how my works are not in top 3 but I just dot work for big mods, but for small local mods
    MORAL

Quote Originally Posted by gogo t View Post
    As I said it is vote for friends and form mods not for modders... If someone works for modA \which is the "hottest" mod\ an someone works for modb,c,d \where few people will see his works\ it is normal taht the users will vote for the one who is form ModA
    Then if you are my friend I'll vote for you cause you are from my country, or you are fan of my favourite football club or I just like your jokes....
    So I dont see why you are so mad about this, it is just for fun.... ofcurse I'm surprised how my works are not in top 3 but I just dot work for big mods, but for small local mods
    Hotter in many cases doesnt match with "technically best". And this is valid not only for videogames, but for movies/books/music etc. etc. etc.
    Im mad simply because "Modder award" for modders, is the maximum merit prize around here. Like Oscars for actors and directors. If we have to award popularity, no reason for proposing and voting or whatever. We give prizes by default to mods with more audience/visitors yearly and everybody is happy on this earth. At least modders are not teased at all knowing this in advance.

Sincerely
    Last edited by DAVIDE; February 20, 2010 at 09:18 AM.

Congratulations to all the winners!

Congrats everyone - and thanks AL for all the work you've put in!

EDIT: as to the point of bothering to submit work for nominations - it does at least provide an advertising platform for your mod... even if you don't end up with award as result...

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    Hotter in many cases doesnt match with "technically best". And this is valid not only for videogames, but for movies/books/music etc. etc. etc.
    Im mad simply because "Modder award" for modders, is the maximum merit prize around here. Like Oscars for actors and directors. If we have to award popularity, no reason for proposing and voting or whatever. We give prizes by default to mods with more audience/visitors yearly and everybody is happy on this earth. At least modders are not teased at all knowing this in advance.

Sincerely
    Which of your suddenly discovered problems could only have been foreseen after the winners were announced and not before? The fact that you`re not among them? Aren`t you this fellow:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...45#post6556745
    who found the process easy and participated by showcasing his work? If you felt that strongly against the format what made you take part at all?
    Are you unable to realize that making this amount of noise after the winners have just been announced is in poor taste as it not only splashes mud on the organization, but on the merit of the people who won? What stopped you from proposing changes before this really? Some people ....

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Davide, what are you saying?

If the process crushed smaller mods then how do you explain that a small project like XC got 3rd place (to my surprise) despite being a relatively young and unknown mod?
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    Which of your suddenly discovered problems could only have been foreseen after the winners were announced and not before?
    I object every year the procedure pre and after man. Since when i participated here as Rtw Rcb modder and texturer in 2005/2006

The fact that you`re not among them? Aren`t you this fellow:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...45#post6556745
    who found the process easy and participated by showcasing his work?
    It is not what i said before. Infact i never said "i have to win" if you read it carefully. Thing im sure you havent done. I participate to awards every year and i do not pretend to win anything as i did in the past, because apart Casus Belli i release just mini mods for my and community exclusive pleasure

If you felt that strongly against the format what made you take part at all?
    Are you unable to realize that making this amount of noise after the winners have just been announced is in poor taste as it not only splashes mud on the organization, but on the merit of the people who won? What stopped you from proposing changes before this really? Some people ....
    Well i m sure Tatw deserves all their awards, but what about the rest? Did the guys or fanboys that played Tatw or RS or EB or SS or whatever other mod, played also all the other mods too, to make a comparison? (And with all i dont mean from 1 to 3. But ALL). I m not against the teams of modders whoever they are, i m against the procedure and the voting process. Considering fanboys votes a mod, not a jury.
    Last edited by DAVIDE; February 20, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

Zarax's Avatar Triple Chaosmaster

Err, Davide, did you see EB anywhere except as promising mod for M2:TW? It surprisingly got very little love here you have to admit.
    The Best Is Yet To Come:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast