Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Astorionar Adventure Mod

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Default The Astorionar Adventure Mod

To all of you who wish to get this mod, I just have one thing to say: Dear Atheist god, don't.
    This has got to be one of the most poorly made mods I've ever seen in my entire life. It tries and tries and tries, yet it bit off far more than it can ever chew. The quests are quite entertaining, that's for sure, but they're still poorly done. The writing is retarded... Well, with the lack of anything more to say of the writing, I'll provide an example:

"There is something, that is, wrong with, this place, because I, do not like it" - That is basically the level of sentences taken from that game. Shallow, dumb, far too many punctuation marks in places they're not supposed to be and it is painfully obvious what kind of person wrote this mod.

To finalize all that, it adds maybe 20 new items to the game (And even that's barely), most of the places seem half-arsed, the factions sure as hell do (As does the story line) and... Well, it had potential. Lots of potential. A shame it was in such incapable hands.

That's my two cents. I just felt I had to vent that since I just finished the game in like... MAYBE 2 hours. And I expected a lot, only to be incredibly surprised - And for the worse. I hated it from the 10th minute I played it up until the end, but being the perfectionist that I am, I had to continue.

For any of you who have yet to play this, do yourself a favor and spare yourself the ever-so-short downloading time and do something productive. Like jacking off. Oh yes, even that's more productive than this game.
    And for any of you who played it, voice your opinions please, I want to hear what other parties have to say of this.
    Last edited by Nazgūl Killer; February 19, 2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Default Re: The Astorionar Adventure Mod

Want my honest opinion? It was the best mod I ever played.
    It was so good, the plot had such depth, the humor was fantastic, the scenes and texturing were great, the coding was phenomenal, the quests were hilarious!

Especially for a one man team!

And again, the scenes were excellent, the quests were excellent, overall, for a completable RPG, this mod was fantastic! I can't say enough good about it!

What are you smoking Naz?!?!
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by COGlory View Post
    It was so good, the plot had such depth, the humor was fantastic, the scenes and texturing were great, the coding was phenomenal, the quests were hilarious!

Especially for a one man team!

And again, the scenes were excellent, the quests were excellent, overall, for a completable RPG, this mod was fantastic! I can't say enough good about it!

What are you smoking Naz?!?!
    We are all entitled to our own opinions. You may have overlooked, intentionally or not, the half-arsed or half-done parts. I haven't.
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

I have not played this yet, but can someone tell me more about it?

Well, it starts off with a rather nice story and story line, you start off on a quest to find the raiders who destroyed your village and, as far as you know, killed everyone you know. This journey takes you far and wide and sees you becoming a knight, meeting some colorful figures and all that.

There are only 2 factions, the Oughnar and another that starts with a Z. And they fight all the time, anyways, you need to find your guys and all that and you continue on your quest.

My issue was never with the main and overall storyline, it was with the little stupidities in it, the horrendous writing and the unbelievably naive and dumb characters. To be honest, I think that this mod isn't work the time of the download, as small as it may be. It's just too easy and too dumb.

Content Emeritus

Is the storyline and scripting like the one in Wedding Dance? If it is I'm downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by Legio View Post
    Is the storyline and scripting like the one in Wedding Dance? If it is I'm downloading.
    Nope. Not as far as I could tell. Then again, I deleted Wedding Dance from my machine after about 2/3 game days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    To all of you who wish to get this mod, I just have one thing to say: Dear Atheist god, don't.

Quote Originally Posted by COGlory View Post

Wait what? now I'm thoroughly confused... if I have a minute I might try it, if for no other reason than to see which one of you was smoking

Well, if you want shallow, dumb, juvenile and unbelievably poor written humor along with cliches that are pouring out of every hole, with no improvement to gameplay and just a boring mod, enjoy. Seriously, this whole mod is half arsed and poorly done, sadly enough, it's also obvious how old the person who wrote this was

ah well I'll be sure to put away a couple of beers first

There are two versions of the mod - the original linear adventure mod - Astorionar Adventure
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1575

and then the usual campaign mode - The Astorionar War:
    http://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?id=1592

Just make sure you're talking about the same one
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Content Emeritus

I'm liking the Adventure mod so far. I have this relationship going on with the Zalethion horseman I recruited a while back, no homo. I talked to my uncle and got the sword, but when I talk to Fred in the Landannaes (sp?) city he tells me to off. What do I dooooooooooooo

Wish I could help you, but I truly don't remember.

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Nazgūl Killer View Post
    Wish I could help you, but I truly don't remember.
    install it again and help me

Nah.
    Try and jog my memory. Who's Fred?

Content Emeritus

in front of the tavern in landannnaes
    fred the assistant

Ohhh right. Go into the tavern and talk to the barkeep. I think.

Content Emeritus

im beginning to like this. its just a tad linear but i like it. i am a real knight now! i just have to deliver some letters

If you guys like questing games with a proper and normal storyline, perhaps even a believable one, you should try playing Diablo 2. Old, but great.

Content Emeritus

diablo sounds scary

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast