Thread: ...And he shall wax moste wrothful.....

Default ...And he shall wax moste wrothful.....

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am immodestly pissed. Irritated. Angered, even. For it seems that, despite all my hard work, despite all my sacrifices, despite all the time and effort I have spent....Rome shall not survive past 1240 AD.

Yes, once again, the mysterious RR/RC Save Bug has struck again, rendering my carefully-crafted Byzantine Early campaign worth absolutely nothing as it refuses to load. JUST as I have acquired some of the niftier toys (Scholari, Varangians, firethrowers) to play with, to.

Any solutions to this (bloody annoying) bug would be appreciated. Any solutions allowing me to keep my current save would be massively appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny Crane! View Post
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: ...And he shall wax moste wrothful.....

RT
    first the good news: PB is working on a fix.
    and the bad news: it requires a new campaign script as it looks like it's the Mongol Invasion script that is causing problems - and the existing campaign script is saved as part of the saved game.

Whoa, I have never heard of this bug before. Does it happen to all factions or just the Byzantines?

Would backing up my save games help?

I think I have this too, I thought my Scotland campaign was going fine when I quite my couple hour long game session that had me expand into Italy and watching the Mongols emerge. However, today when I tried to load the game up again in 1234 (Using a 2 turn per year mod if that means anything), my save game crashed, as did my auto save and my quick save, all just as they finished loading the bar when I receive a box saying Medieval 2 has encountered an error. Is this the same bug?

Its the siege_settlement code, I had the same problem myself today when a scotland campaign wouldn't reload - looking at the error log it crashed on some mongol siege code - very frustrating. I finally eliminated it in TATW, but the code in SS is set up a little differently. Its next on the list to fix, then implement new victory conditions, then release.

If it's any help my system log mentioned a problem with the line
    and not FactionIsLocal
    which appears on the later Mongol invasion waves.
    So the first three turns seem OK, it's the subsequent ones that appear to be a problem.

The line doesn't appear in earlier turns.

Well....then there seems to be another culprit for this.

Gentlemen.

We march of Mongolia tonight.

(Thanks and +Rep to PointBlank and Rozanov)

P.S: Does this bug also occur when you start a late era campaign.
    How about we define the rights that allow a government to say that isn't within my freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    If it's any help my system log mentioned a problem with the line
    and not FactionIsLocal
    which appears on the later Mongol invasion waves.
    So the first three turns seem OK, it's the subsequent ones that appear to be a problem.

The line doesn't appear in earlier turns.
    WHich line from which campaign file exactly?

PB - small problem my campaign script is different to yours in other ways so the numbering is different.

I saved the system log but have changed my campaign script since then.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

22:22:25.079 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7677, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    <faction> is unavailable from event <EventCounter>
    when testing <FactionIsLocal> condition
    22:22:25.079 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7777, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.079 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7846, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.079 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7916, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.079 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7930, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7944, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7960, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7975, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 7990, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8007, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.080 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8025, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8040, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8055, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8070, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8084, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8099, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8115, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8131, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:
    22:22:25.081 [game.script] [error] Script execution error for <monitor_event>, at line 8144, in mods/Stainless_Steel_6/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt:

NB - problem may well have been caused by an error I made, rather than the original code - there's a lot of embedded loops to try and keep an eye on.
    That said I don't know why the prog tests for the not FactionIsLocal line - as the mongols are emergent and human controlled why test to see if they are?

other problem is that I don't have an exact copy of the campaign script that generated that output - I'm forever changing it - so can't post the script with relevant numbers.
    --

The good (?) news is that my T250 - 1224AD with mongols on the march has been saved and loads OK.

I removed the siege code I think is causing the problem and no CTD since, plus the Mongols seem to get around to capturing the regions anyway - they are spreading out at a nice measured pace. Just need to do some more testing, then apply new victory conditions (and maybe a few forts, though more likely that will be left for next time) and release. New cursors and faction graphics make for a nice increase in immersion. Looking forward to getting some BC units in too. Also seems economy is a bit easy, but then if you play BGR its tough - might need some customisation there.

Black_Rider's Avatar Ordinarius

Oh right, economy. It is any posibility to make things more difficult with 6.2? When you start campaign you have profit about 3000 to 4000 florins. For me its way too high. In my opinion making high profit is way too easy in this mod. And I don't want to play with BGR, because it makes turns too slow for me...

I really liked economy in TATW RR/RC where money is really thight and you have to manage your money carefully. It makes campaign harder and more enjoyable.
    Last edited by Black_Rider; February 20, 2010 at 03:02 PM.

so is there anything that can be done to prevent this in the game as it is? would killing off ther mongols do so? and is there a way to kill off the mongols using the console?
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Economy - suspect if you play long enough and make enough enemies you'll find your economy will get tighter.
    It's just the way it is that you accumulate a lot at the start of the campaign, and then it slowly comes down
    (but a lot depends on what faction you play - some are blessed with multiple ports and items to trade so make a lot from sea trade.
    others are land-locked and have poor agriculture and lots of enemies.)
    Also unit upkeep is very cheap to begin with, once your army expands that will increase.
    Also buildings are cheap to begin with but get more expensive.

See how the economy pans out over 100-200 turns.

Economy: Declare war on everyone. Worked for me, and I'm playing Byzantium.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer View Post
    so is there anything that can be done to prevent this in the game as it is? would killing off ther mongols do so? and is there a way to kill off the mongols using the console?
    Hopefully this bug is fixed in latest Feb27 update.