Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revised Victory Conditions for RR/RC

Loose Cannon's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Revised Victory Conditions for RR/RC

Well, I agree that capturing 70 provinces is a bit of a chore and that once I have 30 provinces I find the AI unable to compete with me but you should leave the long campaign the way it is. If you want to make the short campaign capture & hold 18 regions (the most suggested by CC and supercargo) and outlive a faction or two that would be fine.
    Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance-David Mamet

Old age and forgetfullness makes it . . .er, I forgot-Loose Cannon

I hear you, not sure which way I'll go yet.

In fact, I'd recommend, when playing BGR at the moment, that the short campaign is chosen, because its much more demanding - taking a few provinces can be quite a campaign.
    Last edited by Point Blank; February 20, 2010 at 01:36 PM.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

With 2TPY I'd recommend keeping the original VCs as an option, with 900 turns - 30 or 40 regions isn't going to last long.
    (I got to 28 by T250.)
    Another factor - the AI also has VCs - it's possible some of the really big factions (usually Fatimids, Khwarezm, Kievan_Rus) might well get to their VC before the human player.
    (Can AI factions have different VCs?)

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    I'm pretty sure there can only be one set of VCs.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    With 2TPY I'd recommend keeping the original VCs as an option, with 900 turns - 30 or 40 regions isn't going to last long.
    (I got to 28 by T250.)
    Another factor - the AI also has VCs - it's possible some of the really big factions (usually Fatimids, Khwarezm, Kievan_Rus) might well get to their VC before the human player.
    But the bigger factions can simply be given harder VCs that would be relatively as hard as those for a smaller faction. They dont all have to be given the same number of regions to control do they? if they do just make sure they need to take more settlements by giving them certain settlement objectives that require the acquisition of more regions to get to them. right?
    Veni Vidi Velcro

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

T_S - true - as long as we work out which factions are going to end up being the largest.

From experience a few spring to mind. Eygpt always does, thats a sure bet. Mongols too. Byzantines maybe? Not sure about HRE. But surely its basicly just the ones that are super powers from the beginning that need worrying about?
    Veni Vidi Velcro

Germanicu5's Avatar Will buy spare time...

How about we script winning conditions for player and AI?

Then we can have whatever we like for AI and human player. It'd work like this (I have a frame in mind, I haven't written a script for my Achievement Mod (WIP) yet, but it's the easiest thing): we set some event counters connected to literally anything we can script and we make victory movie pop up as another event while blocking regular victory conditions.

My proposal is: usual stuff (regions held etc) + use of existing code (so firing some counters via Spoils of War mod - this'd require human player to get X heroic victories) + acquire some ancillaries/traits (more info about planned achievement system here ) + participation in crusade/jihad + maybe capturing the target +marrying a princess etc.
    As for AI - I'd settle with giving them some tough, but achievable conditions.

Regards

P.S. If victory conditions for each faction can be worked out, I'll gladly work on scripts, since it's in my plans anyway.
    Last edited by Germanicu5; February 22, 2010 at 05:37 AM.
    I have no memory of this place.

Is there nothing you cant script Germanicu5!?! thats sounds good really though. is it possible to script having to build certain buildings?
    Last edited by Tomato_Sandwich; February 22, 2010 at 06:13 AM.
    Veni Vidi Velcro

Galain_Ironhide's Avatar Semisalis

I am very excited at the potential this has for the game. I especially liked Germanicu5 idea.

Awesome idea G5

gracul's Avatar 404 Not Found
    Artifex

Actually since the player is shaping his own empire, he shouldn't be restricted too much by the victory conditions.
    Also i dislike when there something in the game in the INFO box showing up, but its not so in reality - you wont be able to put a "must join a crusade" in the info box, or other things.
    And do the victory conditions for the AI really count? i mean, can the AI "win" the game in a way you get the 'defeated' screen?
    AFAIK the only thing which counts for the AI is the outlive faction and some hard coded higher invasion priority on VC regions.

Its just that for a global campaign like in SS there is just no point in specific conditions. Thats what i think, tho.

@gracul

I've been playing TW series for 10 years and I get bored when I have 30 regions max (mainly because I know I can't loose), I'd really like to see some additional factors influencing victory.

I've already thought about conditions info - additional box would fire along classic one via event. Relevant text would appear based on current progress.
    As for AI victory conditions - they're just something that can be done, but doesn't really have to. For instance loosing player's capital 3x would trigger such thing. Or getting bad rep/pope relations in conjunction with some other factors.

Besides, RPG-like conditions can be triggered by yes/no event and we can form an alternative campaign along classic one.

Regards

Latest version has some VC changes, but it will be an evolutionary thing.

JorisofHolland's Avatar Primicerius

Yes, it would be great. But it wouldn't "count" as an official victory, like when you complete a campaign in the current version? (who cares anyway) + rep for the idea!
    The Enemy of Human Souls
    Sat grieving at the cost of coals;
    For Hell had been annexed of late,
    And was a sovereign Southern State.

I could try to make it "official" by toying with outliving some factions (I'm wondering what happens if I kill all TO/Jerusalem/Papal States characters).

It's not that necessary though, I'd just connect proper screenie to normal victory - it'd state "blah blah you proved your worth, but now it's time to show real qualities of a leader blah blah go kill some more people).

Regards
    Last edited by Germanicu5; February 27, 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Sigh, why can't things just be more like M1TW???

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Sigh, why can't things just be more like M1TW???
    That was the best game ever once... and I played it after the release of M2TW, my dad found it in a skip

My suggestions below:

England
    Regions: London, York, Caen, Dublin, Inverness.
    Outlive: Scotland, France.

France
    Regions: Paris, Caen, Marseilles, Bordeaux, Lyons, Toulouse, Rennes.
    Outlive: England.

Norway
    Regions: Bergen, Oslo, Visby, Arhus, Lund, Skara, Nyköping.
    Outlive: Denmark (England seemed to stretch them slightly, perhaps Scotland?

Denmark
    Regions: Arhus, Visby, Lund, Nyköping, Stettin, Skara.
    Outlive: Norway, Holy Roman Empire.

Poland
    Regions: Krakow, Thorn, Stettin, Hrodna, Prague.
    Outlive: Lithuania, Hungary/Holy Roman Empire.
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Very TATW-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Very TATW-ish.
    What does that mean? (I know what TATW is, but I don't understand the phrase.)
    ...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast