Thread: Beta CAI, BAI & other mods

Default Beta CAI, BAI & other mods

This post contains some beta packs which need to be tested. If they work properly will be included in the next release of Jedi Mod (and maybe DM).
    Any user can try it and see the result, you don't need any mod (DM, JM, ...). Just some changes in CAI, BAI, or other ad-dons.

-CAI:

• Naval invasions 1 (navy transport min/max percentage): beta_naval
    • naval invasions 2 (distance/relation for considering AI landings): beta_naval2

These may help to have more naval invasions. Both work separated, you still can use them at the same time.
    These can be used with any startpos & mod. Obviously it will work better with JM or DM.
    Try one first and then the other for giving feedback.
    We are talking about naval invasions so it will require time and more than a few turns.
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; February 19, 2010 at 02:51 PM.
    All my downloads need for uncompressing them:

7-Zip 9.10 beta Windows 32-bit

Default Re: Beta CAI, BAI & other mods

-BAI:

-Unit classes reverted to vanilla (some units maintain the modified class).
    -Jedi balance for the units.
    -Only for being used with Jedi Mod (includes all the units of JM but not AUM).

Order:
    -Jedi classes
    -Jedi Mod

-Group_formations.bin for vanilla classes.
    -From DMUC & DM 5.5.

Order:
    -Vanilla_formations
    -Jedi classes
    -Jedi Mod
    Last edited by Isabelxxx; March 10, 2010 at 05:21 PM.

-Others:

-Revised abilities, and points in each ability
    -Revised movement points and behavior of agents.
    -Revised agent spawning by default and spawning by buildings.
    -Revised modifiers given by generic buildings: spawning, abilities,...
    -Revised modifiers given by unique buildings per faction: spawning, abilities,...
    • Technology mod fix: DM_technology_fixed.7z

-Citizenship technology: enormous decrease of taxes in advanced games.
      All the reports are related only with DMUC, but DM has the same bug.
      -The name of the table, now renamed for replacing vanilla table ''on the air''. Having other name causes some bugs in effects (they appear 2 times with different values), it works like abilities tables, ...
      modis_technology_effects_junctions --> technology_effects_junctions

Last edited by Isabelxxx; February 27, 2010 at 06:22 AM.

Reserved 3.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi Isabelxxx - my last campaign got stuck again at around turn 52 with the ottomans, I saw your tests so I deleted all my files, reinstalled and am using Darthmod with the Jedi mod and have added the two naval files. I am again playing as Maratha.

I think people should also note that with the increased technology times, revolts, etc. the cash needed to spend on troops and ships for seaborne attack at least in the early turns will probably limit the action.

Saying that I am at 1706 now and French launched a stack in 1704, not seen it land yet, the Brits have just launched one as have the UP. The UP one went in landed in the Windward Isles (from the troop make up came from Dutch Guinea) as has just sat there until now, the French have one militia, the dutch force is much more powerful.

BAI - the first battles the Mughal force retreated before me nd took up positons some way back in a building and behind fences, very good and first time I have seen this.

I have was also engadged by the Mysore stack in their city who came after me, I have also besieged and taken Ahmadnagar from the Mughals in the North, again there troops engadged me, perhaps yesterdays stacks sitting their thinking they were in a fort was a glitch eraditicated with the new install, I will feedback more as I go

One last thing unit experience seems to gain rapidly, apologies if this is on purpose, I have a Bargir infantry unit with 7 already in 1706, whilst they have been involved in heavy fighting I have not had this before

hammeredalways
    It's not necessary starting a new campaign, but I appreciate what have you tested and explained.
    There are some users who don't mind about these logical reasons and want to see improbable things.

So in your experience, have you seen an improvement with these files?

About experience, I have noticed it too. It will be fixed in the next release.
    In the JM 1st page there is a log which shows the things to add/fix, I will update it.

Where is the BAI and does it work with Vanilla for testing purposes. Same question for the naval AI?

I use your India Starpos with Vanilla and it works well, I'd like to test out all the changes you have to offer.

irish437
    These may help to have more naval invasions. Both work separated, you still can use them at the same time.
    These can be used with any startpos & mod. Obviously it will work better with JM or DM.
    Try one first and then the other for giving feedback.
    We are talking about naval invasions so it will require time and more than a few turns.
    If they can be used with any mod, it means that can be used without mods too (vanilla).

No BAI packs yet for testing, use DM (with vanilla sizes) or JM (optimized for vanilla) for having an improved gameplay. Both are fully functional.

Same question:
    So in your experience, have you seen an improvement with these files?
    Experience: before the beta packs and after the beta packs.

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Hi Isabelxxx - no problems, at this stage I am only 9 turns into the campaign (using your latest Startpos).
    I think the issue is also cash driven, the problem I believe is balancing the early game enough to make the latter stages challenging, hence the slower technology, more challenging economy makes the early game much more difficult, capturing a region ( I have taken Ahmadnagar) requires you maintain a very strong military presence there both to pacify them and suppress them (two revolts put down already) so I think that this also slows down the early AI sea invasions. I tried a couple of options and gave the UP some extra cash and low and behold its like stirring up a bees nest.

I will continue to explore and let you know

hammeredalways
    Ok, I wait for your feedback.