Thread: The Battle of The Northern Shores

Foederatus

Default The Battle of The Northern Shores

I Know this is not from the actual game but i could not resist posting a part of a Tabletop battle report of Empire vs High Elves

Myself as commander of the Empire, and two friends commanding the High Elves i was pretty confident in a victory due to the two constantly bickering like children over which soldiers to use, typical elves.

The Empire Army Lead by Templar Grand Master Benjamin Von Rommel faces a High Elf incursion onto the northern shores of the Empire.

The battle lines are drawn the empire deploy in a long line formation with Pistoliers on the far right flank a Hellblaster with 2 Handgunner Regiments on the far left.

Spearmen, Greatswords and Swordsmen make up the centre, with a Regiment of The Knights of the Black Rose acting as the reserve.

2 Cannons loaned by the local Elector Count also back up the Empire force despite Benjamins objections.

2 Wizzards from the College of Mages arrive to give much needed magical resistance against the large volume of magical attacks the elves tend to unleash.
    2 Priests also arrive to assist in morale

And finaly Benjamins trusted friend Captain Wiessman commands the Greatsword Regiment.

The Elf army consisting of an unknown amount of Longbowmen, large blocks of Sea Guard, and a large contingient of Silver Helm Knights, backed up by the Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers of the Fleet, 2 Mages and the most unexpected a lord on an ancient Star Dragon, Benjamin is glad he was given the use of cannons now.

The armies are deployed and the Empire forces sieze the initiative despite having a larger volume of soldiers.

The initial salvoes of magic and artilerey cause little damage as the forces close in.
    However an early hitch for the empire as one cannon explodes and another suffers a jam, while the hellblaster moves to a more favourable position.

The Elves in an unexpected move launch the first attack, the lord on dragon plunges from the sky terrifying one of the Battle Wizzards and a regiment of Spearmen despite the Warrior Priests influence, both flee in terror but the Spearmen come to thier senses and rally in the following phase.

Again a maigcal savloe does little damage bar the irritating of the High Elf Lords ancient mount.

The Pistoliers on the far right are driving off the High Elf light cavalry and closing on the Bolt Throwers but suddenly the massive crossbows turn on them and unleash a horrific savloe that destroys one unit and forces the other to flee.

The Hellblaster on the left managed to destroy a Silver Helm regiment to flee but manages to explode itself after fireing its third set of barrels.

The Star Dragon is continuing to wreak havoc in the Empire Lines moving through and incinerating a regiment of Handgunners and forcing the second Spearmen Regiment to flee in terror.
    The remaining Battle Wizzard an experience lord moves in a heroic attempt to stall the Dragon, but he is ignored as more Empire soldiers are burnt alive.

The remaining Cannon is failing to make an impact constantly overshooting the Dragon and landing its shots precariously close to the Empire lines.

The Dragon yet again breaths firey death on the Empire Spearmen managing to kill Battle Brother Ludwig a Warrior Priest in the process.

Benjamin has decided the time to act has come and begins moving his retinue of Knights into position unfortunatley the High Elf mage retreats in terror and the Knights fail to hit home.

The battle is going poorly for the Empire they have clearly underestimated the High Elf oposition, however one point of note for the Empire is the Elf knights who have finaly charged have failed to make an impact on a severly depleated Swordsmen regiment, the Swordsmen hit back and managed to kill a knight but unfortunatley despite winning the combat the High Elves held their nerve.

With one of the Battle Wizzards stil fleeing in terror despite all the soldiers around him realising the threat has passed and an inefective Cannon that looks more likley to inflict casualties on their own comrades, the battle is not going well the only high note being the Swordsmen Holding against a powerfull cavalry charge unexpected but could prove vital as it has left the Elf knights open to a counter charge from Captain Weissman and his greatswords.

A new update will follow on next wednesday when the second part of the battle and ultimate victor will be decided.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think.

Pray to Sigmar for victory!

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: The Battle of The Northern Shores

A very clinical approach, but still enjoyable to read + rep. Looking forward to seeing how the battle plays out.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Foederatus

Thanks man nice to have a polite reply, some forums ive posted on they all have that telephone tough guy atitude off subject sorry.

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Thetrooper View Post
    Thanks man nice to have a polite reply, some forums ive posted on they all have that telephone tough guy atitude off subject sorry.

Thanks again
    Hey no problem, it's not hard being polite. Looking forward to the next bit.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

This was really good! Can't wait to read more. It's always nice to have new writers on these forums

Foederatus

Cheers man

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Thetrooper View Post
    I Know this is not from the actual game but i could not resist posting a part of a Tabletop battle report of Empire vs High Elves

Myself as commander of the Empire, and two friends commanding the High Elves i was pretty confident in a victory due to the two constantly bickering like children over which soldiers to use, typical elves.

The Empire Army Lead by Templar Grand Master Benjamin Von Rommel faces a High Elf incursion onto the northern shores of the Empire.

The battle lines are drawn the empire deploy in a long line formation with Pistoliers on the far right flank a Hellblaster with 2 Handgunner Regiments on the far left.

Spearmen, Greatswords and Swordsmen make up the centre, with a Regiment of The Knights of the Black Rose acting as the reserve.

2 Cannons loaned by the local Elector Count also back up the Empire force despite Benjamins objections.

2 Wizzards from the College of Mages arrive to give much needed magical resistance against the large volume of magical attacks the elves tend to unleash.
    2 Priests also arrive to assist in morale

And finaly Benjamins trusted friend Captain Wiessman commands the Greatsword Regiment.

The Elf army consisting of an unknown amount of Longbowmen, large blocks of Sea Guard, and a large contingient of Silver Helm Knights, backed up by the Eagle Claw Bolt Throwers of the Fleet, 2 Mages and the most unexpected a lord on an ancient Star Dragon, Benjamin is glad he was given the use of cannons now.

The armies are deployed and the Empire forces sieze the initiative despite having a larger volume of soldiers.

The initial salvoes of magic and artilerey cause little damage as the forces close in.
    However an early hitch for the empire as one cannon explodes and another suffers a jam, while the hellblaster moves to a more favourable position.

The Elves in an unexpected move launch the first attack, the lord on dragon plunges from the sky terrifying one of the Battle Wizzards and a regiment of Spearmen despite the Warrior Priests influence, both flee in terror but the Spearmen come to thier senses and rally in the following phase.

Again a maigcal savloe does little damage bar the irritating of the High Elf Lords ancient mount.

The Pistoliers on the far right are driving off the High Elf light cavalry and closing on the Bolt Throwers but suddenly the massive crossbows turn on them and unleash a horrific savloe that destroys one unit and forces the other to flee.

The Hellblaster on the left managed to destroy a Silver Helm regiment to flee but manages to explode itself after fireing its third set of barrels.

The Star Dragon is continuing to wreak havoc in the Empire Lines moving through and incinerating a regiment of Handgunners and forcing the second Spearmen Regiment to flee in terror.
    The remaining Battle Wizzard an experience lord moves in a heroic attempt to stall the Dragon, but he is ignored as more Empire soldiers are burnt alive.

The remaining Cannon is failing to make an impact constantly overshooting the Dragon and landing its shots precariously close to the Empire lines.

The Dragon yet again breaths firey death on the Empire Spearmen managing to kill Battle Brother Ludwig a Warrior Priest in the process.

Benjamin has decided the time to act has come and begins moving his retinue of Knights into position unfortunatley the High Elf mage retreats in terror and the Knights fail to hit home.

The battle is going poorly for the Empire they have clearly underestimated the High Elf oposition, however one point of note for the Empire is the Elf knights who have finaly charged have failed to make an impact on a severly depleated Swordsmen regiment, the Swordsmen hit back and managed to kill a knight but unfortunatley despite winning the combat the High Elves held their nerve.

With one of the Battle Wizzards stil fleeing in terror despite all the soldiers around him realising the threat has passed and an inefective Cannon that looks more likley to inflict casualties on their own comrades, the battle is not going well the only high note being the Swordsmen Holding against a powerfull cavalry charge unexpected but could prove vital as it has left the Elf knights open to a counter charge from Captain Weissman and his greatswords.

A new update will follow on next wednesday when the second part of the battle and ultimate victor will be decided.

Thanks for reading, let me know what you think.

Pray to Sigmar for victory!

Welcome Back

Following on from last week, this is the final update on the Battle of the Northern Shores.
    My apologies for not posting wednesday my internet was being funny.

Following on from last week, Benjamin is poised to strike on the Elf Knights and the Swordsmen are still holding against the other remaining regiment of Knights.

Boris Johannsen the Battle Wizzard is still fleeing.
    The Empire begin thier movment, Benjamin calls a charge but ends up being out of range moving and leaving himself open to a strike from the remaining Elf Eagle Claw Bolt Thrower not a good start.

Captain Weissman and his Greatswords charge the flank of the Elf Knights, calling out a challenge to all who are willing to accept, the Elf Champion accepts and he promptly cuts him down with his Sword of Justice, the Greatswords then proceed to cull the remaining Knights and force them to flee capturing thier banner in the process, while the Swordsmen hold awaiting another charge from the final regiment of Elf Knights hopeing for a similar result.

Alkazzar the Wizzard Lord moves again onto another position as far away from the Star Dragon as possible,
    The two yet unscathed Handgunner Regiments now open up on the Sea Guard dropping a few of the Elves in the process but not enoguh to force them to panic.
    The Cannon begins to find its mark a good shot but the ball fails to bounce far enough no blame on the crew there just unlucky.

One of the Spearmen Regiments has had enough and runs onto the path of the Star Dragon and promptly get slaughtered in the process.
    The Elves begn to move, the remaining Elf Knights charge the Swordsmen but they seem to have more luck and plow straight through them caputring thier banner in the process, the Sea Guard not charging the main Spearmen Regiment decide on the cowardly act of attacking the depleted detatchment of Halbediers and run them down despite loosing a man in the process.

The Elf Bolt Thrower sents a bolt through Benjamins Knights but only manage to kill 2.
    The Dragon now moves towards the Greatswords and sends more firey breath onto them but the Greatswords are made from tougher stock than the average soldier and loose only two men in the process, but somhow the Elf Reaver Knights manager to shoot down two more, but again they hold thier ground as expected.

The final phase of the battle has begun, Benjamin with no other targets available bar the Archers in the wood decides against all military doctrine to charge hoping to call the Wizzard into a challenge and beat him to a pulp and put fear into the Elf Archers, which he promtly does beating him and killing him four times over, the Knights also manage to kill two of the Archers, and they are promtly run down but no banner to show for this, but Benjamin has claim the head of a Wizzard are worthy prize.

The Great Cannon finaly scores a direct hit on the Elf Dragon but against all odds manages to hit the Lord riding it, hoping to kill him the Elves magical protection manages to save him, too little too late for the Cannon there.

Now the Elves begin thier final acts of the battle, the Dragon moves towards the cannon hoping to silence it and the Wizzard Lord, the Elf Knights with nothing to charge, run down the surviving Swordsmen as a final act of aggression.

The Reaver Knights drop two more Greatswords, the Bolt Thrower prepares to fire but the clumsy Elf crew load the wrong bolt, instead of many smaller shots a single shot is fired and fails to hit the Greatswords.
    The Dragon now breaths firey death onto the Wizzard and Cannon crew, but against all odds they survive unscathed.

The Battle has been well and truly lost by the Empire, the Elves begin to withdraw to allow the empire to lick thier wounds, Benjamin swears revenge but has been summoned to Altdorf by the Emperor himself to explain this loss, word has it that Karl Franz will move in with his own army acompanied by his trusted Griffon Deathclaw and two allies, Baltasar Gelt and his personal bodyguard Ludwig Schwarzhelm he will show the Elves the true meaning of war and punish them for desecrating the sacred shores of the Empire.

Karl Franz plans to challenge this Elf Sea Lord to personal combat and slay his Dragon and the Elf who rides it, Kurt Helborg has released the finest Knights in the Empire unfortunatley he himself is not able to join this battle as he has business to attend to in Bretonia.
    With the battle horns of Altdorfs Honour Company Karl Franz leaves his capital to do battle with the Elves his people pray for his saftey and victory in battle, the result will follow when he has finaly sent this army back to the ocean depths.
    Thanks for reading another report will follow in a few weeks time when the Emperor and Ludwig are painted

Thanks for reading
    Thetrooper

Citizen

Wow! I have never played the Table top game, but that sounded like a good battle

+rep

Foederatus

Was quite fun despite the fact i lost, its a much better game than 40k, ile post some pictures of the battle on my profile when my friend sends them to me

Citizen

Great! Can't wait to see them!

Foederatus

A few pics of the battle are on my profile
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/album.php?albumid=3197

there arent many im afraid, but more reports and picures will follow in the coming campaign

Nice very nice, I had alook at your pics not bad + rep

Foederatus

Thanks very much , as said there will be more of the coming campaigns

Citizen

Wow, very nice pics Thetrooper! I can't wait to read more.

+rep

cool stuff i love playing table top warhammer, i agree its a lot better than 40k, i have an empire army as well but no one to fight lol...i win by default?? oh and how effective in your opinion is the volly gun? i have a couple cannon but havent decided on rockets volly gun mortar or another cannon lol...ugh i need to paint my White Wolfs and my other cannon...

WHAT!has Happened to the time honoured allaince of High Elves and the Empire...this Herrtrooper fellow must be be an agent of the Druchii! sent to ferment this unholy strife between the Stout menner of the empire the Pointy ears UMP! I mean the Asur.
    Several witch hunters have been despatched! flee back to your dark master or bring peace between the Emperor and the Phoenix King!

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by lieb_hussar View Post
    cool stuff i love playing table top warhammer, i agree its a lot better than 40k, i have an empire army as well but no one to fight lol...i win by default?? oh and how effective in your opinion is the volly gun? i have a couple cannon but havent decided on rockets volly gun mortar or another cannon lol...ugh i need to paint my White Wolfs and my other cannon...
    hey sorry for the long delay in replying, got a new game stalker call of pripyat havent stopped playing it

anyways yeh ive always thought the volley gun is good just stick it on a flank and noone goes down there up to 30 shots, granted it can blow itself up more often but the look on your oponents face when all his fancy knights get wiped out, or my friends ironbreakers all 25 of them is priceless

Quote Originally Posted by GERMANICUS View Post
    WHAT!has Happened to the time honoured allaince of High Elves and the Empire...this Herrtrooper fellow must be be an agent of the Druchii! sent to ferment this unholy strife between the Stout menner of the empire the Pointy ears UMP! I mean the Asur.
    Several witch hunters have been despatched! flee back to your dark master or bring peace between the Emperor and the Phoenix King!
    it was not me who attacked they landed on my shores and started tearing up the place, i think the phoenix king may have to call back the elf general and make him answer for his actions before his head is sent back on a plate
    Last edited by The Holy Pilgrim; March 07, 2010 at 08:33 PM.