Thread: Souka's Bodyguard Recruitment for latest RR/RC FEB 28

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Default Souka's Bodyguard Recruitment for latest RR/RC FEB 28

Recruitable bodyguards for all factions

Need a governor for your cities or a general to lead your battles? This mod will enable bodyguards to be recruitable for all factions from cities and castles.

• Bodyguard cost tripled.
    • Bodyguards have no upkeep but instead have a 17turn recruitment pool refresh time.
    • Early Bodyguards recruitable from city to metropolis and castle to citadel.
    • Late Bodyguards recruitable from large city to metropolis and fortress to citadel.
    • Save game compatible

Note that early bodyguards will no longer be available for recruiting once full plate armor event kicks in and then late bodyguards will be recruitable.

Install by extracting the data folder to stainless steel folder, and if you play 1370-1450 campaing extract export_descr_units from 1370-1450 campaign folder into stainless steel data folder.

Uninstall by extracting the data folder from unistall folder into stainless steel folder.
    Last edited by Souka; March 08, 2010 at 09:58 AM.

Default Re: Souka's Bodyguard Recruitment for latest RR/RC

Wow , thanks for making this very useful mod, this shall help out a lot.
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

wolfslayer's Avatar Senator

Looks like a interesting mod, I was looking into having a few more generals for the rebels to make them more challenging..

There is a really cool character trait that is relatively unknown, even though I haven't dug through this forum to see if anyone is using it: BodyguardSize

It lets you selectively increase the bodyguard size of generals and family members, any faction, as a reward for success in battle, destroying a faction, etc..

Your mod would make a good testbed, it's best if used sparingly; makes it that much more "special"..

I think at most you can double the size of the EDU #, plus maybe a few extra, the values used are percentages (1-100) , but not sure, if I use a very high value (like 1500) it will double the bodyguard.

Example:

Level Legendary_Commander
    Description Legendary_Commander_desc
    EffectsDescription Legendary_Commander_effects_desc
    GainMessage Legendary_Commander_gain_desc
    Epithet Legendary_Commander_epithet_desc
    Threshold 32

Effect Command 5
    Effect Authority 2
    Effect MovementPoints 5
    Effect LineOfSight 5
    Effect BodyGuardSize 100(?) Chance 100

It also may be functional as both Effect and Affects, needs some experimenting.
    Ever heard of this?

Viewing and editing MTW2 textures with MWthumb and DXTbmp

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Wow that is interesting Wolfslayer. Never heard of it before but that would make for some interesting rewards for generals etc after battles

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Rat-tail View Post
    Wow , thanks for making this very useful mod, this shall help out a lot.
    I'm glad to hear that

Quote Originally Posted by wolfslayer View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Looks like a interesting mod, I was looking into having a few more generals for the rebels to make them more challenging..

There is a really cool character trait that is relatively unknown, even though I haven't dug through this forum to see if anyone is using it: BodyguardSize

It lets you selectively increase the bodyguard size of generals and family members, any faction, as a reward for success in battle, destroying a faction, etc..

Your mod would make a good testbed, it's best if used sparingly; makes it that much more "special"..

I think at most you can double the size of the EDU #, plus maybe a few extra, the values used are percentages (1-100) , but not sure, if I use a very high value (like 1500) it will double the bodyguard.

Example:

Level Legendary_Commander
    Description Legendary_Commander_desc
    EffectsDescription Legendary_Commander_effects_desc
    GainMessage Legendary_Commander_gain_desc
    Epithet Legendary_Commander_epithet_desc
    Threshold 32

Effect Command 5
    Effect Authority 2
    Effect MovementPoints 5
    Effect LineOfSight 5
    Effect BodyGuardSize 100(?) Chance 100

It also may be functional as both Effect and Affects, needs some experimenting.
    Ever heard of this?
    Searched for it and i cannot find that effect in character traits along with legendary commander, but is it not the same as the more command points your general have the more bodyguards he get?

Quote Originally Posted by Souka View Post
    I'm glad to hear that

Searched for it and i cannot find that effect in character traits along with legendary commander, but is it not the same as the more command points your general have the more bodyguards he get?
    I'm not sure; do command points increase bodyguard size the same way? My knowledge of character traits is fairly limited.. If so then discount my assumption, I definitely don't want to post bogus info about traits..
    Last edited by wolfslayer; February 19, 2010 at 11:00 AM.

Souka's Avatar Semisalis

Not quite sure how command points affect bodyguard size all I know is that it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Souka View Post
    Not quite sure how command points affect bodyguard size all I know is that it does.
    I did a little testing and think I have a better idea of how it works. The hardcoded trait Bodyguardsize is used to increase bodyguard # when the general gains command points..whatever those values are.

But it definitely works as a standalone trait. What needs to be tested is if negative values work and what the workable value range is; it's probably incremental 1.2.3....

I used a non general trait as a test on a governor with no combat experience, who had been in town for over 15 turns, bodyguard size 16.

The witch trait "Wrath 3", I replaced Magic 6 with Bodyguardsize 90, and applied to the general with the console "give_trait this Wrath 3". The trait can be seen beginning next turn, his bodyguard size was 27, turn after that it increased to 32.

The other general in the town I didn't apply any traits to stayed at 16..

Next is to test with increment starting at 1, through several turns, and see what numbers if any, they increase by, so the working range of values can be figured out.