Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adding a new province and changing a cities name

Senator

Default Re: Adding a new province and changing a cities name

If i make new city i need to start new campaign? If i have my previous campaign at half or something?

Yes. You must delete map.rwm and start a new campaign

theres no "descr_regions_and_settlement_name_lookup.txt" in my barbarian invasion campaign folder . when i click on main campaign , saxons, (the little arrow play or launch or something) it just returns me to the single player screen !!!1
    Last edited by ChazB-; May 03, 2010 at 01:35 PM.

The file is not parsed by the game anyway, just add an empty file there, it should work (if that's the reason the campaign won't load).

Icon12 Re: Adding a new province and changing a cities name

i made a new region in south england , started it up and then closed it down and changed the region slightly , i also changed the borders of the other british regions, yet when i start it up nothing has changed !!?? why is this and what can i do to alter the borders ?
    Last edited by ChazB-; May 05, 2010 at 08:48 AM.

Hello, i followed the instructions, but i'm trying to mod a copy of the actual rome tw, could it be that this copy doesnt have all the files that the normal Rome TW has?, i also have Rise of Persia installed, but it doesnt affect the old RomeTW, that runs perfect.

Any1 got answers for this problem?

NVM, I figured out the problem and it's fixed and working.
    Last edited by Norsewarrior; December 26, 2010 at 02:39 PM.
    The World Is Yours

i have donr every thing on the list but when i start a new campaign it crashes. i have tried numerous ways to correct but no luck

please could some one help

NJM9911

...does someone mind giving me a hand on this issue? I've followed all the steps here, creating four regions, however, whenever I start a new campaign, it doesn't load, merely returning to the "new game" selection screen. I'm sure I've made some stupid mistake but I can't seem to figure out what it was...

To proof-check, I have:

-deleted the two said files
    -edited the maps_region.tga (and the map_ground_types.tga - as I was making a settlement on the uninhabited island above Sardinia)
    -added the region names into descr_regions.txt
    -placed the new towns into their respective homes of descr_strat.txt
    -added the regions to the mercenary pool in their area
    -added the region and settlement names to the both lookup text files

...but it's not working! If need be I can upload my /data folder for someone to check, but I'd like to figure out what I've done wrong, preferably over it being fixed for me.
    Anyway, thanks if you can help, I thought this thread would be best to ask as I followed the exact instructions in the OP and, considering I'm a "new user" (long time vBulletin user, more recently gotten into RTW modding though) I didn't want to make a new thread and be called a n00b...

Anyway, thanks again if you can help, I'm really hoping I can figure out what (possibly stupid) mistake I've made

~Dark Pulse94

Are you using "-show_err"? If you are not, try using this tutorial to apply it. This might give us the cause of your problem.

Ok, I'll do that - but it doesn't CTD, whenever I start the campaign, it goes into the faction selector, I choose my Faction (I've tested for all of them) Then it goes to the loading screen, and Crashes to the "new game" screen (prologue/Imperial Campaign/etc.)

Anyway, I'll see if it works anyway, but what things could it be? My region I made was on the Island above Sardinia (still forget what it's called), in Denmark and in the Middle of Scythia...
    But yeah, thanks for that, I'll give it a try

well considering I can't find an edit button (which I found very weird) - Thanks for that! It helped. Turns out I accidently used Capitals when making the resource "purple_dye" - man it's particular... there's probably more errors but I haven't checked those yet, but yeah, it worked even though the error didn't make it CTD

-.-' now it's just confusing me. So sorry for the triple-post but I can't see the edit button.
    Anyway, It claimed that the .tga file I used didn't work, so I replaced it with the original. When I did this, it said that a settlement on "line 457" of descr_strat couldn't be created. line 457 is the start of the "factions" section, where it says "superfaction romans_senate" (under the Julii)

anyway, I'm going to upload my stuff to mediafire and ask for help the proper way, because it's just not working...
    Last edited by Squid; March 02, 2012 at 11:36 AM. Reason: triple post

I think you have to get to 25 posts and have membership for a week to use the edit button (don't know if the mods told you that or not).

When you say original .tga file, are you referring to the Vanilla Rome: Total War map? This is what I think you mean, but I just wanted to make sure. When you replaced the original, did you revert the other files, too? The game probably would give an error if you have references to territories in the text files while in the map .tga's doesn't have any references of those files.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123