Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Settlement plan editor

Opifex

Default Settlement plan editor

Check this out:

See anything interesting?

EDIT: Erm, well since the thread with the download link seems to be getting pushed down more and more, I'll just repost it here.

The download link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...do=file&id=692

The announcement thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34825
    Last edited by Squid; January 31, 2010 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added new location in download section

"If ye love wealth greater than liberty,
    the tranquility of servitude greater than
    the animating contest for freedom, go
    home from us in peace. We seek not
    your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch
    down and lick the hand that feeds you,
    and may posterity forget that ye were
    our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

Whoah! Features!

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

I looked into making cities only to find it difficult to understand and process long. So if you found a easier way please tell us more.
    Are you using this to build your Rome? Can't wait until Gaul sack rome again.

Opifex

Yes Rome shall live again. I'm afraid you'll find taking the Capitoline abit difficult...

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Artifex

If you are creating a real settlement editor, we are very interested, as we definitely want to make the cities true representations of the past.
    Ignoranti, quem portum petat, nullus suus ventus est. - Seneca

waitcu's Avatar Civitate

where i can download this ?

click here to our Three kingdoms : Total War web-page
    I come from China , I love my motherland
    LEADER of Zhanguo mod team
    ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country --John Kennedy
    Chinese Sword, a remarkable and unassailable symbol of ancient Chinese civilization and spirit of his people. It reflects five most essential spirits of every Chinese man: 仁 Ren (benevolence), 义 Yi (righteousness), 礼 Li (principles), 智 Zhi (intelligence) and 信 Xin (trustworthiness).

militiaman's Avatar GEWar TWC Alliance!

It's obviously a work in progress, he's just throwing us a bit of meat :wink:

Under the Patronage of Basileos Leandros I, who is under the patronage of Kscott, who is under the patronage of Lord Rahl, who is under the patronage of MadBurgerMaker, who is under the patronage of genghis khan, who is under the patronage of GodEmporer Nicholas

Opifex

If you are creating a real settlement editor, we are very interested, as we definitely want to make the cities true representations of the past.
    Yep, that is indeed what I have been able to create.

Right now it's not for release, as I am still playing around with it 1) for the newness of it, and 2) to test it out. Next week, Tuesday/Wednesday is BI day, so we'll all be busy with that during that week.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; September 22, 2005 at 03:30 PM.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Opifex

The beginnings of a forum:

How it was made possible:

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Kos007's Avatar Foederatus

We wait this great job with impatience...
    Last edited by Kos007; September 25, 2005 at 06:22 PM.
    'Ω ξειν, 'αγγέλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις 'ότι τηδε κοίμεθα, τις κείνων 'ρήμασι πειθόμενοι...

Stranger, say to Lakedemons that in this place WE are buried about the laws of Sparta...
    .............................Decal in Thermopylae for 300 Spartan heroes..............................

DARTH MOD Member

Primicerius
    Invercargill, te grymm und frostbittern zouth.

sigone, good god man youre a genius! thats way better than my attempt to replicate your experiment with the barb town, it had the "hill of alesia" in it. straight through a long house. but im still learning =)

Opifex

Working on the Palatine:

The south west corner was left empty for an important number of religious monuments (Romulus' spear thrown from the Aventine and now growing as a tree, the hut of Romulus and his adopted father Faustinus, etc). There will be more buildings in the north east corner (on the slope), such as the temple to Victoria and the shrine to Victoria Virgo.

You can walk through the buildings through the two passes in the middle, and the edges of the hill will be open for troops (archers) to take place on and rain arrows down from. It will be quite a joy to try taking Rome by siege...

Since this is now getting more related to my Rome thread, I will be posting further results there from now on.
    Last edited by SigniferOne; September 25, 2005 at 11:20 PM.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Nice , but could you be able to make the sides of the hills less immediate and more smoothed? like this it looks too much like a 80 years videogame setting , other than that is a great discovery and work , but actually what is this making apart form redistribuiting a layout for a city , also the pathways of the people ? would be possible to make a sort of japanese castle layout to make people run up to a castle to be conquered following a series of stairs and paths between japanese walls? ?

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Opifex

Thanks for the compliment.... I guess... sort of....

As for what it makes apart from redistributing a layout of a city -- this, alone, does not do anything else. This, combined with my tutorial for how to edit the GROUND of a settlement plan, makes all the difference in the world. So for example, Rome can have the Capitoline hill with a second set of walls on top, and the enemy will have to storm through. Syracuse can have that little island next to the city, connected to the mainland by a tiny isthmus, across whom the enemy will have to fight. The geographical advantages of a city can now be recreated. AND, of course, if NOTHING else, cities will not have to look all the same anymore, and even if there will be no advantages at least there will be variety. But as I said, there WILL be advantages. So that ground-editing thing shapes the ground features, and this settlement editor will make sure that the building distribution in that city matches its geography. Otherwise how will you be able to move buildings around for your Syracuse city with its isthmus? Think.

As for the castle, it appears to be possible. You'll have to describe more details for me to know exactly what you're asking. It's not always easy to understand what you are saying Prometheus, so just make sure you take extra care when saying things.

Anyway, if your questions are related to the editor, please continue asking them here. If your questions are related to what's possible with settlement plans and with editing cities, please post it in my tutorial, here:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26436

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Actually I dunno where to post since I know nothing pf this thing , but I would like tolearn , as you may know I am trying to edit new buildings for a japanese mod , but the cities as are in rome total war do not adapt to the japanese style , I would like to replace the cities with japanese castle complexes , with even more than one single wall encircling the main castle and the severall soldiers to be forced to pass throught for example wall one , wall two and finally enter the central main courtyard of the castle where should be the main final battle , equivalent of the roman plaza , is possible to do that? would you be able to help me doing this or explain me how to do please? It is important for the mod...Sorry for my English but that is not my natural language and yes the first was a congratulation-compliment lol ...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

Opifex

That is very doable. Just follow my tutorial to learn how to edit ground features, then create the ground with the various levels of progressively higher and narrower places, then you'll be able to use Adherbal's wall editor and this settlement editor to place walls on the edges of these progressively higher places, and then place your castle at the very top. No one will be able to fight in the castle of course, or go inside it, but I think you can make it shoot arrows like an arrow tower would.

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

Geewiz and all I wanted was the Roman camp to be fixed. lol Looks great Sig, Are you making good progress on that camp for the romans? :-)) Anyway to bride you. lol
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Opifex

Bride me? I'm afraid not... Bribe me? possibly...

our countrymen."
    -Samuel Adams

lol sorry slip of the keys. THAT WOULD be wierd now wouldnt. lol Anyway debriding is a word for cleaning the cavity of a wound.

Anyway, your evading my wonderfully masterful subtle question, How close are you to being done! lol ;-)

Anyway good work, Doesnt matter to me if you keep this editor for yourself, just as long as you produce wonderful modifications. ;-) No really I would love to add the Roman camp that is fixed to the next Patch for SPQR, as I plan to look into BI for SPQR porting over later. Do you think its possible you may be done with the camp so the pathfinding is better? I dont expect it to be perfect just better would be nice. lol
    Lt_1956
    Creator of SPQR:Total War mod since 2004

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast