Thread: All about Dwarfs.

Default All about Dwarfs.

Well here are some of my observations about dwarfs, and their problem.

1. Economy
    Most of dwarf income is from farming, and that's bad, big farms, great population grow ends with squalor, devastation, and low income. In my opinion main dwarf income need to come from mining, tradings is not a good option too, great orks stack marching on dwarven lands will reduce their income. Empire factions can place 3-4 full stack armys with no problems, dwarf have problems with only 2.

Why dwarfs can't recruit units in towns, and build there most of their buildings, i know that they are underground race, but well they live in Empire, so it obvious that they can handel them self on surface. You can implement the cultular tradition to the game, if you do not wont to make themy spread to easyli

2. Overpower enemys.
    Orks are to overpowerd, they got insane good units like destroyers, blac orks, and pretty good big uns. All of them got 2hp, so they are preaty imute to range weapns, main dwarf weapon.

This are the military statistic from my reikland campaign, turn 52, orks are insane powerfull.
    And here is a map from this game 10 turn before

And this is from my dwarf campaign, also with map of the world.

Orks are not so powerfull like in reik campaign, but i got great battles with them every turn, most of the time wining.

And chaos attack is olso too powerful.

3. Dwarf units.

First of all they got tired early, let me show you.

Dwarf warriors runing on battlefiled, i used yellow color to mark first running turn, and red to mark second, screen is made when they got exehausted.

same thing with empire swordman.

As you can see they make greater distans than a dwarf, and dwarfs got good stamina, swordmans don't. Dwarfs get exehaust quicker in fight too, i don't know, maby this is because of their smaller models, and becuse of that they make more steps. I don't know but this is iritating.

Second thing, lack of missle warriors capable to fire from walls, when you fight with orks it's not so flustrating, because they are nearly impenetrable, but whe you fight with other enemys, like sylvania, gobs, or chaos, it is nightmare for defensive race.

Third thing, dwarf units, are weak, they main weapon, such as warriors, axe warriors and quallerels are too weak compare too other races. They got the hardest infantry in Warhammer lore, but here, they are just a bunch of easy kill shortis. And i'am speaking about TT, and RPG World describes.

And last thing, why the don't have a option to get mercenaries? It'a a well know fact that dwarfs using merc units, instead of losing their priceless brothers.

4. About AI.

Dwarfs got homes on mountins, AI got problem moving units there, so we ending in Karaz-a-Karak, Karak Eight Peeks, and Zhufbar sticking together, Karak Kadrin, and Hirn left alone. Karaz-a-Karak is losing angainst chaos, and Karak 8'peeks 9 form 10 times is getting owned by gobs. If you wont to dwarfs too be alive, make them a Karak in middle mountains, place there 1 family member. They do not get any cav, so with their not so good infantry they are often losing battles when AI manage them, and well orks wins almoust all AI battles, coz they are OP

It's all this time, maby i will find some time later, and sorry for my awful english.

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Default Re: All about Dwarfs.

another problem is that dwarfs havn't cavalery units...and in warhammer world maybe they have cavalery units...i hope that the team consider this problem..

Attachment 74932
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Dwarfs never ever had a bear cavalry unit.

well, it's ok that they don't have cavalery, but they need to get better infantry, or at least got option to recruit mercenaries

I gave them all very_hardy atrribute so they won't be tired so fast and the thing with defending castles and shooters not shooting properly. You must go to http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329709 and download the file from post #16

+Mr.Crow+'s Avatar VIVERE MILITARE EST

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    BLASPHEMY!!!

Dwarfs never ever had a bear cavalry unit.
    it isn't a bear
    BELLUM CRUCIS 7.0 Co-Director
    PERSONAL PROJECTS: CSUR || WARWAGON

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprian2 View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, you've done something that CA should have thought of a long time ago. You should be on their pay-roll!

Bear, Bull, Wolf whatever - the Dwarfs don't need such weird devices to destroy their enemies

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Admiral Thrawn View Post
    Bear, Bull, Wolf whatever - the Dwarfs don't need such weird devices to destroy their enemies

Well they have gyrocopters

By the way, this isn't a suggestion to implement them in-game

Gyrocopters would be OK. Why? Because they are in the lore.

well medieval 2 can't service flying units, because his behind the times

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Well, they can, but melee units can attack them (example: Screamers of Tzeentch)

This was a very good post explaining the situation involving the Dwarfs. I also noticed they get tired in combat very fast, which makes it frustrating when I have to fight two to four thousand Orcs in the sieges at a time. I had all of my Dwarf units begin as close as can be to a goblin held Karak, then had them walk inside to fight the Night Goblins. I had 3-4 companies engage at a time, replacing them with fresh units. They were exhausted very fast, even with walking instead of running. While I did win, it was very frustrating to deal with the negative effects of their low stamina.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Well, they can, but melee units can attack them (example: Screamers of Tzeentch)
    I don't think that that should be a big issue, unlike dragons gyrocopters are very fragile, and in addition they fly very low most of the time (to be able to use their steam cannons), this puts them into a position where infantry can knock them out of the sky by throwing things at them.
    They should be very fast any way, so this should hardly be a problem, and in case it would be they could just be given a reasonable amount of hitpoints, but be made vulnerable to projectiles of any kind.

The fact that they can probably not fly over units is another matter, that would make using them a bit awkward.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

I just changed my Dwarf unit's attributes to very_hardy, so I'll see if this makes a difference in battles.

I do agree the Dwarf economy should be based on crafted goods, mining, etc, rather than farming. I'm reading up on a EBU tutorial when I have time to see if I can edit it just for personal use.

Like Kislev the Dwarf kingdom should be able to sustain itself much like an Imperial province can. Early on, the Dwarfs can make a lot of money and sustain the units needed to defend its settlements. I'll have to play a long campaign to see how they do.
    Last edited by Ethien; February 17, 2010 at 01:11 PM.
    Total War Live Commentary: Click Here
    De Bello Mundi: Greek City States
    Third Age Total War: Arnor with MOS
    M&B: Warband: A Clash of Kings
    M&B: Warband: Gekokujo

Quote Originally Posted by Ethien View Post
    I do agree the Dwarf economy should be based on crafted goods, mining, etc, rather than farming. I'm reading up on a EBU tutorial when I have time to see if I can edit it just for personal use.
    If you release that please share to us

Call of Warhammer : Total War

Just give each dwarf 2hp Ironbreakers and Slayers 3hp (with less warriors of course) and they will never be defeated. I did that and the Dwarfs now rock. If you want a job done right do it yourself. It is better and faster this way and it suits your preferances.

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Just give each dwarf 2hp Ironbreakers and Slayers 3hp (with less warriors of course) and they will never be defeated. I did that and the Dwarfs now rock. If you want a job done right do it yourself. It is better and faster this way and it suits your preferances.
    Yep great idea i think gonna do the same up the hp, after i ask this request to Ethien because i dont know how change the economy rules.

Call of Warhammer : Total War

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by drillmaster View Post
    Hehe, that's what I did for the Real Warhammer sub-mod I'm making. Right now, the Dwarves are still undergoing some balancing revisions, but other than that, they are a defensive juggernaut!