Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Geomod: How to make new regions. Spot errors using Gmaps + tips.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Geomod: How to make new regions. Spot errors using Gmaps + tips.

New_City is the default that Geomod uses when you create a region - if you do not rename it, then the next region that you create will give you the error message mentioned as you will two identical names.
    I usually add numbers behind the entry (region and settlement) if I haven't decided on names - it's fast to change that later.

Edit: added remark\note in the manual for the next issue.

I found the problem. The last settlement created with the province was named with the default name 'New_city'. I changed to a proper name and i can now create a new settlement.

Thanks a lot for your answers, and an additionnal thank for Gigantus and his map of 'Europe'.

Edit : Sorry double post/edit

Hi Can you tell me in GEOMOD is possible to reposition the basic regions of vanilla? For example move (Paris) to another map area. This can give CTD? I need to change coordinates in the script?

Blog Entries

You can change the shape of regions and move settlements and ports within that region. See the manual for details.

'Moving' a region will require to first color an area in the same color as the original area. Then you move the settlement there. Afterward you can color the original region in another region's color. You only need to change the co-ordinates for the garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    You can change the shape of regions and move settlements and ports within that region. See the manual for details.

'Moving' a region will require to first color an area in the same color as the original area. Then you move the settlement there. Afterward you can color the original region in another region's color. You only need to change the co-ordinates for the garrison.
    Ohhh Thxs! This was What do I ever did, but I did everything manually without using the tools of GEOMOD

Blog Entries

That looks quite good.

Tip: the port on the top right does not make sense. There is no other port it can trade with and the AI will just build ships that have no target.

That looks quite good.

Tip: the port on the top right does not make sense. There is no other port it can trade with and the AI will just build ships that have no target.
    Thank you so much for all attention! About port I know if and only one in this area does not make sense, but I will add 2 more regions and put more 2 port.

Another question, you said that I can move anywhere in the region GEOMOD. Ok, but I can give another name to the basic regions of vanilla?
    For example I want to change Corinth place and rename it so I can add Athens with a good spacing! I saw that the script has the coordinates for cameras and the names of the cities that will not give any problem of CTD? Like This!

Blog Entries

If you only rename the display name of the region then it's easy: You change the entry outside the bracket in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

It gets way more involved if you want to change the data name inside the brackets: that change has to be done in every file that references the region name, descr_strat, descr_sounds_music_types, descr_regions and so forth.

If you only rename the display name of the region then it's easy: You change the entry outside the bracket in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names.txt

It gets way more involved if you want to change the data name inside the brackets: that change has to be done in every file that references the region name, descr_strat, descr_sounds_music_types, descr_regions and so forth.
    Thxs alot Gigantus! I'm getting change! A few two years I have edited retrofit, but he has given many problems, but with his GEOMOD is working! I am Brazilian and my English is not very good excuse. Greek here!

Iberia

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hander View Post
    Thxs alot Gigantus! I'm getting change! A few two years I have edited retrofit, but he has given many problems, but with his GEOMOD is working! I am Brazilian and my English is not very good excuse. Greek here!

Iberia
    Sorry for so many questions, but that and importantly,
    [log] to = logs / M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = trace *
    #level = * error

When I have an error it does not generate the system.log.txt.

I'm using Bare GEOMOD Kingdoms 1.15.

Blog Entries

Glad you are making progress. We have Geomod supported in several languages, but Spanish is not among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Hander View Post
    Sorry for so many questions, but that and importantly,
    [log] to = logs / M2TW.system.log.txt
    level = * trace
    #level = * error

When I have an error it does not generate the system.log.txt.

I'm using Bare GEOMOD Kingdoms 1.15.

Blog Entries

The log should should be in a sub folder (logs) of the main game (...\Medieval II Total War\logs)
    Sometimes the log does not get generated and then the folder will also not exist. Simply run your mod again until the error.

The log should should be in a sub folder (logs) of the main game (...\Medieval II Total War\logs)
    Sometimes the log does not get generated and then the folder will also not exist. Simply run your mod again until the error.
    I find Thanks!

Hello !

I post here because i encountered some problems using Geomod recently.
    I tried like 15 times to create a new region, but everytime i launch the campaign the games crashes "M2TW has encountered an error..."
    The end of the system.log tells me :

17:06:58.543 [script.err] [error] Script Error in data/world/maps/base/descr_regions.txt, at line 1014, column 1
    Couldn't find region name 'Majorque_Province' in stringtable
    17:07:01.325 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War a rencontré une erreur inconnue et va maintenant se fermer.

But when i check descr.region.txt there is no visible mistake and the region name is present in my strings.bin file (using BinEditor).

Anyone has an idea ?

Have a nice day

ok first of all, Im newbie I open geomod open M2TW folder create region like evrything said here debuge and generete map show me pictures all whit new region and everything is good...and i save it...goo in M2TW folder open descr_strat and region has been adeed to faction like i set...but when iopen geomod again and upload same folder it wont show me that region....can somebody guide me what i do wrong.... i really want to make this right...pls answer as fast possible thanks

Blog Entries

You need to 'validate' your entries before saving. Check my manual for this and other stuff.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123