Just wanted to throw this out there, since it fixed a problem where my campaign was unplayable beyond turn 97, because it kept crashing with the "unspecified error" garbage every time Hungary's turn came along.

After doing a ton of research, I finally found what caused my problem, so I thought I'd share.

If you're having a problem where your game crashes during the AIs turn (Same faction every time, no less) then you might as well try this:

1. Open the retrofit/data/export_descr_character_traits.txt file
2. Hit ctrl+f to search for the phrase "ExcludeCultures"
3. Go through the file, and make sure that for each trait that has an excluded culture, that the Anti-Trait also has that same excluded culture.

For example:

I noticed that my PublicFaith trait had the "ExcludeCultures middle_eastern" line... but the antitrait PublicAtheism did not.

So, if you're getting a CTD on a certain faction's turn every time, just do yourself a favor and check. It fixed my problem completely, and it hasn't happened at all ever since. If it fixes your problem, spread the word! The documentation for fixing this error is nonexistant it seems...

l'm not sure if this was fixed with later versions of Retrofit, because I'm still using 1.0 (with Ultimate Retrofit 1.5)

Hope it helps someone!