Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New historical battles pack realesed +hotfix

Default New historical battles pack realesed +hotfix

this pack includes 17 historical battles, 3 that where included in previous versions of EB but were removed by v1.2 (one of these three I edited for historical accuracy), 3 battles that where ported from vanilla and were heavily edited for historical accuracy, and the rest are brand new HB that I've created myself.

Full list:
    100 BC (approx) - Battle on the Ebhernis River
    255 BC - Battle of Tunis
    058 BC - Battle of Bibracte
    052 BC - Battle of Gergovia
    016 CE - Battle of Idistaviso
    202 BC - Battle of Zama
    208 BC - Battle of Baecula
    047 BC - Battle of Nile
    216 BC - Battle of Cannae
    069 BC - Battle of Tigranocerta
    206 BC - Battle of Ilipa
    168 BC - Battle of Pydna
    055 BC - Battle of Jhelum_River
    222 BC - Battle of Sellasia
    129 BC - Battle of Ecbatana
    016 BC - Battle of Getia
    086 BC - Battle of Chaeronea

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=DNQCZ834

Unzip into EB\data\world\maps\battle\custom

Please enjoy!

Update: added hotfix for Cannae
    put in EB\data\world\maps\battle\custom\216 BC - Battle of Cannae\
    Last edited by LDCkyuun; February 17, 2010 at 08:25 AM. Reason: hotfix

Default Re: New historical battles pack realesed

Nice work +rep

Thanks!

These are the best historical battles I've seen from any total war game and all the mods. Cannae in particular blew me away.
    I judge people.

Cannae?

heck yes! thank you so much for this

my eternal thanks to the EB team for making R:TW such an epic game, and to TWC and all other modders for pushing the boundaries with each Total War title .

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

These are really, REALLY good. I just played Cannae and its amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that the Roman Triarii were not present at Cannae. The 9000 Triarii were left to guard the main Roman camp from potential Carthaginian cavalry raids because the overconfident Romans thought they could easily crush the main Carthaginian force regardless. And other than the lack of more elite African troops in flanks, it was a terrific battle. Thanks heaps!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

These really are very good. Zama seems to have a problem though, with the introduction.
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Knonfoda's Avatar I came, I read, I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by ISA Gunner View Post
    These are really, REALLY good. I just played Cannae and its amazing. The only thing that bothers me is that the Roman Triarii were not present at Cannae. The 9000 Triarii were left to guard the main Roman camp from potential Carthaginian cavalry raids because the overconfident Romans thought they could easily crush the main Carthaginian force regardless. And other than the lack of more elite African troops in flanks, it was a terrific battle. Thanks heaps!
    Cannae was ridiculous!

I thought exactly as the romans did, and didn't even bother to change the initial formations and tactics, I just looked after the loading screen this gigantic column of men and thought ''There is NO way that flimsy line will hold this onslaught" .... 3 minutes later all my allied cavalry is routed (as expected) .... 5 minutes later me and my allied legion are surrounded on 3 sides... and then another minute after that, despite the death of Hannibal Barca, a series of routs in my own units follow, and both armies run in dissaray and are run down by the Carthaginian cavalry... I am left in awe at how such a line could not only withstand but contain such a mass of men....

Epic.

ISA Gunner's Avatar Campidoctor

I played as Carthage first and i too thought that there was no way my line could hold. And on top of that i was crapping my pants because i realized i had only 1 African elite unit in reserve on the right flank to flank the Roman army. And too make it worst i thought i didn't have nearly enough cavalry. I was shocked when my line managed to hold off the Romans and i managed to rout them all with flanking infantry and cavalry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ISA Gunner View Post
    I checked it out and you're right, I added a hotfix to the first post, also I make the battle more challenging. Would recommend you'd play the battle on hard mood.
    Last edited by LDCkyuun; February 17, 2010 at 08:28 AM.

Default Re: New historical battles pack realesed +hotfix

cant seem to open the site...

Thanks, it's amazing!
    The cinematic of Zama is very good!

Sorry for the dumb question people...

How do you unzip it please?

I downloaded it on my desktop.. I saved it on the exact folder and wen I press extract I get an error... '
    Extracting 208 BC - Battle of Baecula\Baikor.txt Unable to create file'

Sorry and thanks once more
    Etienne
    Last edited by etipac; February 20, 2010 at 10:46 AM.

Do you have WinRar? You need it to unzip the file. If you do have it, put the file on your desktop, right click and select Extract files, and direct it to the custom folder in EB
    Screw multiculturalism and the horse it rode in on

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Do you have WinRar? You need it to unzip the file. If you do have it, put the file on your desktop, right click and select Extract files, and direct it to the custom folder in EB

Managed mate,thanks for ur support!!

Etienne

Marku's Avatar Domesticus

why is he banned?

"It's not always possible to do what we want to do, but it's important to believe in something before you actually do it"

I wondered the same thing.

this is probably just a retarded AI issue, so i understand if it can't be fixed, but on certain battles like Zama and Pydna, the AI randomly shifts its army over to one side which messes up the whole battle. it's kind of annoying.

I have solved the conflicts problems with Historic Battles and AlexEB.

It seems that the Historic battles was not updated to AlexEb. So, I have corrected the path to correspond to the right units.

"roman infantry first legionary cohort i" change to "roman infantry legionary first cohort i"

"roman infantry first legionary cohort ii" change to "roman infantry legionary first cohort i"
    ( I have not find any cohort ii in AlexEb export_descr_units.txt )

"hellenistic infantry hysteroi pezhetairoi" change to "ALXEB hellenistic infantry hysteroi pezhetairoi"

"hellenistic cavalry tarentinoi merc" change to "hellenistic cavalry tarentinoi"
    ( I have not find any tarentinoi merc in AlexEb export_descr_units.txt )

"eastern infantry indian spearman" change to "ALXEB eastern infantry indian spearmen"

You have to make the corrections in the following different historical battles :
    Nile, Gergovia, Bibracte, Chaeronea, Jhelum River, Tigranocerta, Pydna, Panion, Idistaviso

I notice a new problem with the Panion Battle:

error to find texture
    eb/data/models_unit/textures/ebunit_spw&aymar_hellenistic_cavalry_tarentinoi_epirus.tga

So I rename a tarentinoi texture but nothing to do. Always the same message.

I can't find the solution. Is anyone could help me ? Thank you
    Last edited by Jochem Hraback; April 16, 2010 at 06:03 PM.

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra
    Δεῖμος καὶ Φόβος

Megaupload got closed...
    Does anyone still have the pack and is able to upload it to somewhere else?
    "Τίποτα δεν είναι αληθινό, όλα επιτρέπονται."

My political profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast