Thread: reinstallation problem

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Default reinstallation problem

I needed to reinstall all of my software recently (new HD). It seems that M2TW Gold is a problem (only problem actually). The installshield will not cooperate so I attempted to intsall the game via windows (I am using XP). The system has been cleaned and it will not continue the install with the second DVD. It requests the second DVD and then Sonic DLA will not allow the first DVD be removed. If I attempt to install without the Kingdoms mods, the launcher will not work and a direct click on the .exe will not load M2. Nothing of consequence is differant from the first time this game was installed a couple of years ago on this system.

I would like to get Gold fully installed and then move on to reinstalling LTC Gold mod. I am confused by all of the other posts here. I do not think it is an installshield problem (though it is not working). I do not think it is a launch button problem since the .exe does not open the game either. I am convinced that it is tied to Sonic DLA not allowing the first DVD to be removed to proceed to the second DVD in the original installation process.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: reinstallation problem

I maybe wrong since I never did use Sonic. I just used what came with Windows as my default for DVDs. There is a definite conflict between XP and Sonic.

Can you disable Sonic from msconfig in its sartup section?

Viking Prince's Avatar Horrible(ly cute)
    Patrician

Obvious, but that is the solution. Go into my computer and right click the drive, click propoerties -- Sonic even has a tab on the properties to mark.

Should have thought to look there myself. Banged my head against the wall looking on the Sonic help me whcih does not seem to give any indication on how turn the dang program off.

Thanks.
    Grandson of Silver Guard, son of Maverick, and father to Mr MM|Rebel6666|Beer Money |bastard stepfather to Ferrets54
    The Scriptorium is looking for great articles. Don't be bashful, we can help with the formatting and punctuation. I am only a pm away to you becoming a published author within the best archive of articles around.
    Post a challenge and start a debate
    Garb's Fight Club - the Challenge thread

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Cashmere View Post
    Weighing into threads with the steel capped boots on just because you disagree with my viewpoints, is just embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagar_the_Horrible
    As you journey through life take a minute every now and then to give a thought for the other fellow. He could be plotting something.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

You're welcome. Closed.