Thread: Kotor Jedi class

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Kotor Jedi class

Just started playing Kotor again on the pc. I'm at dantooine, and I'm choosing my jedi class. I was thinking of going the sentinel route with my scout but have heard bad things about sentinels. I want force and combat so sentinel makes sense. I don't want a consular that cant fight or a guardian that cant cast. Any advice ?
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Primicerius

Default Re: Kotor Jedi class

Sentinels are . You should probably go for a soldier/consular combo if you want that.

Thanks. I will if i start a new game, i cba with taris all over again right now.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

The Dude's Avatar Praeses
    I hate it when forums display your location. Now I have to be original.

Sentinels are fine. I've done plenty runs as sentinel. Good part is that you keep up a nice amount of well developed skills so you can get around fights through overloading terminals and hacking patrol droids etc. It's a sort of continuation of the Scoundrel class, so I'd say that Sentinel is a good pick as Jedi if you started out as Scoundrel or as Scout.

Otherwise, not so much.
    Last edited by The Dude; February 15, 2010 at 05:03 PM.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.
    - Richard Feynman's words. My atheism.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

I personly cant resist the lure of force jump. Its the only lightsaber move that looks impressive. Furthermore it looks like a duel of a new hope.

Yea I really like force jump, but I've played guardians loads of times and want to try out the force alot more, but I don't fancy just being force reliant. None the less I'm giving the consular a go, see what its like. Thanks for replies.

The consular is immense, even more so if you don't level past two (since you need to level to two to be able to leave the ship with Carth at the beginning) and save all your levelups for Dantooine. Force power galore!

Awesome class. Especially as a light side consular, since quite a bunch of light side items give +wisdom too.
    I have approximate answers and possible beliefs, and different degrees of certainty about different things, but I’m not absolutely sure of anything, and many things I don’t know anything about. But I don’t have to know an answer. I don’t feel frightened by not knowing.

Hmm I thinking of starting a new game going as a solider consular or redoing my current scout/Consular because I levelled to level 8 as a scout but the advantage was the implants. So if I start again (i'll have to force my way through boring taris, glad it got bombed lol) what should I start as ? and what level should I cut off at and save for dantooine ?

gambit's Avatar Gorak

soldiers are good because they get so many of those tasty tasty feats, then I'd choose a jedi class with more force oriented growth to balance it out.

or you could just go full soldier/guardian and be a beast of war
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S. Thompson
    You better take care of me, Lord. If you dont.. you're gonna have me on your hands

Yea i was thinking of just doing a Soldier/Consular so i get some good fighting feats and then go all force powers with the consular. Enjoyed the 'beast of war' Soldier/Guardian class before in many games but meh they are boring now.

I'd advise either Soldier/Consular or Scoundrel/Consular. The former because the consular class is really gimped for feats, and the latter because the consular class is really gimped for skills. The consular class is already strong forcewise, but with some extra feats or skills (I'd go for feats, thus soldier, myself) you can turn a strong class into an amazing class.

Since I believe soldiers get to pick a feat every second level I'd level up to four as a soldier and then do the remaining sixteen levels as consular.

Thanks for the advice i will do the soldier consular. What attributes should i focus on ? wisdom, charisma and dexterity ?

Wisdom and Charisma are pretty essential for a consular. Dexterity you could do, but I'd go for Constitution instead.

Cheers

Adrian's Avatar Campidoctor

for Kotor I think the class for RP purposes that fits best is jedi consular Revan was always the tactician he was not really the front line guy now Malak was a vicious fighter but revan had style and charisma he manipulated people so I always play consular f or m consular suits revan best.

Yeah grats on spoiling the story for someone who plays this for the first time. Mind using spoiler tags?

I get bored with combat focused classes. I played guardian when i first played kotor and kotor 2.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    I always saw revan as the consular and malak as a guardian, cause malak is just brutal combat focused really, where as like you say revan was always the tactician the less rash one.