Page 10 of 109 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560 ... LastLast

Thread: THE STABBY BRUTUS PUB Ask Questions Here! For Answers, Info, Links, Advice and Off or On Topic Chatter.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: RS II Download Time

I couldnt give you a correct estimate but depending on your internet id say about 2 hours give or take

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Well, that certainly had me going.

I thought, for one moment... That... It had come...

I read that as "Time to Download RS II!"

Yah me to! My heart just skipped a beat.

Timefool's Avatar Primicerius

There was a thread one or two days ago, and I also asked this in the RS2 discussion thread. The mod with the original game files is 8+ GB, but you will not be downloading the entire game uncompressed. Someone might even be willing to make a torrent file so that slower users won't have to leave their computers on for a few days to get it downloaded.

Post your speed here and we should be able to give you an estimate of the time to download: www.speedtest.net

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum482 View Post
    Well, that certainly had me going.

I thought, for one moment... That... It had come...

I read that as "Time to Download RS II!"
    my bad.

I'm running the test at my moms now. She only uses wireless so it takes forever. Hopefully it launches while I'm at college. Then I can start and then goto class.

Mom house wireless at 2:30 in the morning
    Last edited by Phillieas_Caesar; February 21, 2010 at 02:27 AM.

Proud Republican

Default Re: Estimate on RS 2 download time

I have really slow internet connection, maybe I should ask one of my friends to download it for me. Not too big prize for rsII

Incontinenta Buttox's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: THE STABBY BRUTUS PUB Ask Questions Here! For Answers, Tech Support, Info, Links, Advice and Off or On Topic Chatter.

Anyone have any ideas where I can download BI from?

I wanted to reinstall RS again myself. But my BI disk is all scratched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SimpleCourage47's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: THE STABBY BRUTUS PUB Ask Questions Here! For Answers, Tech Support, Info, Links, Advice and Off or On Topic Chatter.

Just google it , plenty of download sites will pop up, i imagine steam will have it. Actually looking at the site they only have rome gold, and rome complete , gold being rtw + Bi and complete being rtw+bi+alex.http://store.steampowered.com/app/4760/
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming.

Libertus

i dont know what you're talking about in regards to a slow connection. my download speed is 1 twentieth of that

Quote Originally Posted by d010060002 View Post
    i dont know what you're talking about in regards to a slow connection. my download speed is 1 twentieth of that
    I guess I got spoiled by the Internet at my college. My bad. Guess its not slow at all.

Question I tested my Internet again. and Got this

I'm no internet guru but why the drastic change. It 10:50am where I'm at.
    Last edited by Phillieas_Caesar; February 21, 2010 at 10:51 AM.

Proud Republican

rsslcs's Avatar Senator

Could be a decrease in traffic at the exchange.
    It also seems that the longer the router is on, the slower the connection is which I'm clueless about.

Quote Originally Posted by rsslcs View Post
    Could be a decrease in traffic at the exchange.
    It also seems that the longer the router is on, the slower the connection is which I'm clueless about.
    Really... the longer the router is on. Interesting. Well why would my wireless have a higher score then a wired connection?

I watched the test thoroughly and noticed that even if it stays at 5.0 most of the time and jumps up to a higher number it records the higher number as the download speed. So maybe the 22.00 I got earlier was a fluke
    Last edited by Phillieas_Caesar; February 21, 2010 at 11:56 AM.

Proud Republican

Quote Originally Posted by Phillieas_Caesar View Post
    I guess I got spoiled by the Internet at my college. My bad. Guess its not slow at all.

Question I tested my Internet again. and Got this

I'm no internet guru but why the drastic change. It 10:50am where I'm at.
    Wow that is a long trip going from Budapest all the way to Missouri. It probably takes longer to fly between the two than to download RSII!

Quote Originally Posted by Incontinenta Buttox View Post
    Anyone have any ideas where I can download BI from?

I wanted to reinstall RS again myself. But my BI disk is all scratched.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Direct2drive is another option and it means you don't have to deal with steam

My copy of RTW is actually from direct2drive because about a year ago i accidentally dropped one of my discs and the rolled back in my chair to pick it up and ran over it so i just DLed RTW gold for like 10 bucks

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord447 View Post
    Direct2drive is another option and it means you don't have to deal with steam

My copy of RTW is actually from direct2drive because about a year ago i accidentally dropped one of my discs and the rolled back in my chair to pick it up and ran over it so i just DLed RTW gold for like 10 bucks
    Do not give any further funds to steam if you can help it, it is the equivalent of funding the league of evil-btw i dont like steam.

Geleco's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by HUN_antonius View Post
    I have really slow internet connection, maybe I should ask one of my friends to download it for me. Not too big prize for rsII

: /

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Do not give any further funds to steam if you can help it, it is the equivalent of funding the league of evil-btw i dont like steam.
    I only really find steam to be a pain with TW games. With games like Elder Scrolls, Company of Heroes, Mount&Blade etc. it works rather well, and provides a no-disc alternative along with several other features (message system, friend system etc.)
    Last edited by Geleco; February 21, 2010 at 06:11 PM.

Default Re: THE STABBY BRUTUS PUB Ask Questions Here! For Answers, Tech Support, Info, Links, Advice and Off or On Topic Chatter. PLEASE LOOK THROUGH THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING NEW THREADS ON THE FORUM!!!

Yay for Comcast! thats what i use. Whats your plan?

Default Re: THE STABBY BRUTUS PUB Ask Questions Here! For Answers, Tech Support, Info, Links, Advice and Off or On Topic Chatter. PLEASE LOOK THROUGH THIS THREAD BEFORE CREATING NEW THREADS ON THE FORUM!!!

I have an 892.11n WLAN modem that is sitting next to me completely useless because my ISP refuses to use the brand that I bought . This level is clocked at 160megabytes per second! My current one its 160 megabytes per minute. FFS That speed I could have is nearly 1GB per minute!

Kallides's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by General Brittanicus View Post
    Who needs Steam when you have Vuze(Azureus)

Also apple congrats on the Swedish win yesterday! Russia won against the Czech! WoooHoooo!!!
    And unfortunately Canada lost to US. What a shame!!!
    Last edited by Kallides; February 22, 2010 at 04:41 AM.

Snipers get more Head!

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Yesterday? It was today.

This tournament is turning out to be really exciting.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam