Thread: Oh come on now! (I need techincal help)

Default Oh come on now! (I need techincal help)

Let me set the stage. It is 12:30 A.M., and having grown weary of game ruining graphical glitches, I decided to try updating my video card's driver. Not more than half an hour later, the driver is installed, the computer restarted, and I launch the game. Suddenly, a message appears. It tells me that the game can't find a supported video card. This, after I had been playing the game flawlessly for over two days on that card. The graphical glitches didn't show themselves until about an hour or two ago, and they started out infrequent and minor, and got to the point that they were happening every five minutes and were blacking out the screen.
    Last edited by Aonghus G. Friedhold; February 15, 2010 at 02:11 AM.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Default Re: Oh come on now! (I need techincal help)

You could try rolling back the drivers.

On XP in Classic View (not sure about other OS's), go Control Panel > System. From there, go Hardware > Device Manager. Find Display adapters and expand it, it should show your graphics cards. Open that up, go Drivers, and then Roll Back drivers.

If nothing else, it should at least mean the game is playable again.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Default Re: Oh come on now! (I need techincal help)

Thanks, for some reason that seemed to fix the graphic issues as well.
    I thought about writing something clever, but then I remembered I'm not clever enough.