Thread: Lithuanian music

Default Lithuanian music

Is there any specific medieval/renneisance Lithuanian or Baltic region music?

Answer rewarded with +rep

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

gladiatort's Avatar BamBimBangBam
    Lithuania/Litauen/Lietuva (LIE-TU-VA!!! ju sanava bych!)

Default Re: Lithuanian music

well there are traditional folk songs, but specific for renaissance, etc. hardly. For the most all periods there were that same songs and music. Lithuania in that times did have any composers, all was a folk.
    Also there are some pagan/folk metal bands like Latvian "Skyforger", it sounds very nice while playing

Member of B.A.L.T.S. Member of Lithuania Mod!!!

can you share some links with folk lithuanina music please

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

here on the left side, beginning from 5th link, you can find many examples first from all regions and then songs of various activities (work, game, historic, etc.) music examples, but they are not full, just examples
    http://www.emokykla.lt/svetaines/Lietuviu_muzika/myweb/

some here too http://www.musicperformers.lt/vid.ph...gair=1&gid=817

and also here few http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
    Last edited by gladiatort; February 14, 2010 at 02:47 PM.

thx man for those +rep if anyone has more feel free to post some

Niccolo Machiavelli

and i would also very suggest this one- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YtHw...eature=related this is performed by Skyforger, but it is in Lithuanian language. And go through related videos

Quote Originally Posted by gladiatort View Post
    and i would also very suggest this one- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YtHw...eature=related this is performed by Skyforger, but it is in Lithuanian language. And go through related videos
    thx your damm good

Niccolo Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    Is there any specific medieval/renneisance Lithuanian or Baltic region music?

Answer rewarded with +rep
    Search for Kulgrinda or Kulgrinda & Donis songs. Kulgrinda is medieval pagan folk music, made only with medieval instruments. Kulgrinda & Donis is lithuanian medieval pagan folk + sweet electronic music.
    If you want some a bit more modern, like Renneisance music, I have one CD called Last Pagan Rites, by Bronius Kutavicius, but I don't know if you can find something about it in internet, because is not very popular... I hope that yes

Ah! Kulgrinda also have made some nice songs in Ancient Prussian language.
    Last edited by Kovas; February 14, 2010 at 03:17 PM.

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

Look for Bakfark 16th century lith lute music, and there is a cd Senoji Lietuvos Muzika with 15-17th century lithuanian music (and check for polish music, was much exchange between poland and lithuania). Next to that use perhaps some russian orthodox stuff, as more than half of lithuania was russian orthodox.

will do LDK +rep

EE I alredy reped you in german music thread and now I not works anyway thx

Do u guys know any Swedish/Norwegian music?

Niccolo Machiavelli

EarendilElenthol's Avatar Artifex

I have no swedish/norse music in my collection. If you want finnish/estonian look for their folk music or veljo tormis. Swedish and norse have some bands that I came across but I dont know in what extent they are historical nor whether they're useful for music in a mod. Ah do not forget the music book of John Playford (17th century english). many songs are just folk tunes of england and this style is used all over europe. I dare say you could use this music even for sweden or hungary

Quote Originally Posted by EarendilElenthol View Post
    I have no swedish/norse music in my collection. If you want finnish/estonian look for their folk music or veljo tormis. Swedish and norse have some bands that I came across but I dont know in what extent they are historical nor whether they're useful for music in a mod. Ah do not forget the music book of John Playford (17th century english). many songs are just folk tunes of england and this style is used all over europe. I dare say you could use this music even for sweden or hungary
    ok thx for advice will rep you asap

Niccolo Machiavelli

Fanitullen

St. Magnus hymn - 1200 ct

Hallingdans

Faeroese dance _ Ormurin Langi(the Long Snake)

Hemming og Gygri:

Mouth Harp:

Arve Moen Bergset

Ym-stammen:

Tÿr:

Krakua:

Hedningarna:

Kalenda Maya:

Black Debbath:
    Last edited by absinthia; March 30, 2010 at 02:46 PM.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    Do u guys know any Swedish/Norwegian music?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY_Yf4zz-yo

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

@absinthia good finds man +rep

@CC great find

Niccolo Machiavelli