Thread: "Winter Storms" notification every turn (Dark Elves)

Default "Winter Storms" notification every turn (Dark Elves)

I can't seem to find anything about this, so I'm not sure if I've just inadvertantly messed something up, (or if it's even something that's not supposed to happen) but every single turn straight from the first one I've been getting the "Winter Storms" notification saying reinforcements can't arrive until the storms pass in my Dark Elf campaign, and I'm over 40 turns in now, heh. I'm patched all the way up to the 1.03 hot fix, and have the latest English translation installed. I did try to load an old save of my Sylvania game after installing the patch, and the game crashed immediately when I did that, if that could have somehow corrupted files...

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: "Winter Storms" notification every turn (Dark Elves)

First off, Welcome to the forums! It's great to get new members!

Secondly, you must have installed Grand Admiral Thrawn's translation. That version causes a crash when you try and load a savegame. Try Beregond's translation here. It works for me.

Thanks, I've really been enjoying the mod, and I'd been awaiting it's release for a long time.
    However, I have been using that translation you suggested the whole time. =\
    And now my save game is completely fubar due to a CTD towards the end of an "end turn" cycle.
    Looks like the problem is somewhere here in the log file... (I've also now tried the CTD campaign script fix mod with the same results)

20:05:10.734 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <console_command> at line 26070 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <set_event_counter> at line 26071 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28863 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 28997 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29129 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29263 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29396 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29530 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29663 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29797 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:10.750 [game.script.exec] [trace] exec <if> at line 29929 in mods/teutonic/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign/campaign_script.txt
    20:05:11.187 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <disaster> fired
    20:05:11.250 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <disaster> fired
    20:05:11.265 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <devastation> fired
    20:05:11.312 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family20> fired
    20:05:11.312 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family21> fired
    20:05:11.312 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family22> fired
    20:05:11.312 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family23> fired
    20:05:11.312 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <family24> fired
    20:05:11.343 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <devastation> fired
    20:05:11.359 [game.script.trigger] [trace] Trigger <devastation> fired
    20:05:11.515 [bink] [debug] [mods/teutonic/data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    20:05:11.515 [bink] [debug] [mods/teutonic/data/fmv/faction/minor_lose.bik]Pause on
    20:05:11.734 [system.rpt] [error] Unspecified error. The game will now exit.

Citizen

You haven't edited any text files after you started your game, have you?

From that campaign I hadn't changed anything yet when I got to that crash. And the only thing that had been changed at all was putting in the translation files. I even deleted the whole folder (aside from saves) and replaced it with your complete 1.03 zip file from a torrent and came up with the same results. I believe it's on turn 48 or 49. medium/medium

Citizen

Here, try using the .cfg at the bottom. Just replace the one in the "teutonic" folder. It should help.

Thanks for the effort, but that didn't work either. =\ I tried starting a new DE campaign, still have the "Winter Storms" message after every turn, but no crashes yet at turn 30. Going to try and just crank through with auto-wins and whatnot to see if it crashes at turn 44 again or not.

Citizen

Sorry I couldn't help you.

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I am having the "Winter Storms" issue as well. Any ideas

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

What files outside of the "teutonic" mod folder could be interacting with this? I also have the Third Age mod installed, but that's it, if that could make any difference...

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

I have SS and TATW as well as BC but they are all mod-foldered and this is the only bug I have encountered excpet that Chaos Knights thand up in their saddle and the odd random CTD that clears up if I reload the save

also this "Winter Storms" bug is the same with the High Elves
    Last edited by gaunty14; February 19, 2010 at 06:55 AM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Superr0ger's Avatar Foederatus

I have only CoW in the folder and have the same problem! I don't think that a other mod in the mod-folder make this problem

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Have anyone thought this out? I have this too, but I can still train units at summer, so it's not a big deal.

Same here.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

it is just info bug