Thread: The Gallery of Pyrrhus

PyrrhusIV's Avatar Primicerius

Default The Gallery of Pyrrhus

Hello everyone,
    I decided i might as well take a few pic's with the Movie-Cam, it is actually fun, and i dont mind at all. Of course none of these pictures are as good as the pictures i've seen here, but we all have to learn right?

Note: I took 2 pictures that were simply amazing, sadly they got corrupted, so i cannot upload them, will have to try and take an identical picture tomorrow. Also, i only had 3 un-corrupted pictures, so this will be a short first thread.

The armies of Rome and Carthage have clashed in Spain, under the Command of Gnaeus Scipio, the roman Legions have won some minor victories over the Carthaginians. Hasdrubal Barca had decided to crush the Roman Legion once and for all, and has gathered all of his elite African and Iberian veterans. He has also brought a small detachment of Elite Indian elephants, aquired through trade dealings with the Ptolemaic Empire in Aegyptus.

Veterans of many wars, they head into battle:

Throwing the famed Pila, the Hastati charge the startled and disorderly Phalanx:

Even the Terrible Indian elephants are not invincible:

Not every soldier is worthy:

I hope you liked it!

If you have any tip's or suggestions please do tell me, i am open to any suggestion. It is too bad all those pictures became corrupted( 8 pictures in fact).

PyrrhusIV
    Last edited by PyrrhusIV; September 20, 2005 at 02:41 AM.

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

Let me be the first to welcome you to the PotD thread Pyhrrus my friend. I like the pics, just try to get a little closer, with more interesting scenes. However, not too many critisims in a congrats post. Keep it up man!
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

I was not able to capture any amazing pictures today, but i was bored so I decided i might as well Post These are scenes from the same battle, a different battle will be used later today or Tomorrow.

The final attempt to Capture the hill:

PyrrhusIV

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusIV
    ...If you have any tip's or suggestions please do tell me, i am open to any suggestion. It is too bad all those pictures became corrupted( 8 pictures in fact).

PyrrhusIV
    Could you make the sige of Corinth? Corinth was the last greek city of Greece before Greece fall cmpletely to Rome. There's many good Roman and Greek skins you can use and as I saw you are using great skins!

-EDIT- Sorry I thought it was Greek skins
    Last edited by bestantreas; September 20, 2005 at 11:29 AM. Reason: Oops!
    New pics on 24/4/2007

Virgil's Avatar Powered by Technicolor©

those are actually Carthaginians and not greeks bestantreas = P
    Patron to Shadows, The White Knight, Darkragnar, and
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia. Under the patronage of Horsearcher.

Søren's Avatar ܁
    Patrician Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Good show, Pyrrhus.

I presume you are using I:TW skins ? (I'm a bit behind with the latest in the mod community I'm afraid)

The first one in the thread is probably the best. The skin is amazing.

Darth Fungus's Avatar Civis

Do you have anything like photoshop or ms paint or something? If you do, use them. Play with saturation, balance, contrast, and focal depth of field effects. You can get some really great stuff. Look at the current pic of the day and some of the other threads, they will show you how great depth of field can make a picture. Also, try to get interesting angles and animations, look up some photography techniques and terms. After all, you're basically a photographer here. Rule of Thirds, keep everything in the picture divided into thirds. Don't always get the thing dead center of the frame. Remember to keep the composition fluid. With the movie camera, you have time to set up a great shot. Don't worry about getting a dozen mediocre shots in ten minutes rather get two or three great ones. Think of the mood of the shot, and the message you are trying to convey. I really love the charging elephant one of yours (your best). Make sure that everything in frame is there intentionally and try to focus on the most important part of the picture. Just some advice from a Photography major.

Sidus Preclarum's Avatar Honnête Homme.

Quote Originally Posted by PyrrhusIV
    Of course none of these pictures are as good as the pictures i've seen here, but we all have to learn right?
    they are way better than some !

Some new pictures will be coming soon, they will be of good old R:TW though

PyrrhusIV

backman's Avatar Libertus

Amazing screens! Where I can get Movie Camera? I´m looking for it but can´t find it.

Thanks on advance

GAIUS BACKMANIUS, From Hispania.
    SPQR:TOTAL WAR FAN
    RTRPE: IMPERATOR II FAN

it's already in your game: just play a costum battle, save the battle replay and load it. Of course you'll have to enable the movie_cam (pic)

good luck!
    Proud member of Rise of Persia
    ROP Faction Preview: Thrakian Bessoi
    ROP Faction Preview: Persia

Under the honourable and illuminating patronage of Perikles , reputable son of imb39 in the house of Wilpuri

backman's Avatar Libertus

Thanks, Goscinio!

GAIUS BACKMANIUS, From Hispania.
    SPQR:TOTAL WAR FAN
    RTRPE: IMPERATOR II FAN