Thread: Castille assimilates Aragon

Default Castille assimilates Aragon

Here's the situation: I'm playing 1450 Castille campaign, and somewhere in 1460-ies I've inherited all aragonese lands, and they ceased to exist. Is this a scripted event to simulate their union, or simply a bug?
    Optio, Legio I Latina

Default Re: Castille assimilates Aragon

There's an event called spain_unify for 1469. I also know that each time I play around that period there's an event which talks about a Spanish Empire so I guess there is a scripted event ;P

it reflects the real world event of the marriage of Ferdinand II of Aragon to Isabella I of castille. This merged these two nations and created the spanish empire
    (very very abbreviated ^)C
    Ferdinand and Isabella went on to defeat the last muslim outpost in iberia (Granada) and to fund the expeditions of Columbus
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Yeah its scripted, I always thought that it worked only for the AI, watch out though the same happens for the Turks, they assimilate the Mamelukes, giving them about 60 territories. In all my 1450 campaigns I've had to go to war with the Turks to prevent them from winning the game!

So what happens when you're playing Aragon ?

Try it and see I guess, I did once but got wiped out within 20 turns, France, Sicily, Castille, the Moors, all came knocking within 20 turns, its a tough campaign.

i played as spain hoping this would work and it didnt. but i did get 2 gonzalos spawn think this might be a bug. also is there any other script events?

Why would such a script be forced on a game in which the original historical situation probably doesn't exist? I don't get it.

Actually, in turn 1100, the Borg assimilate the entire map.

We are the Borg.

Kill Them All, Let God Sort Them Out!