Thread: screenshots

Default screenshots

hi,

iīm having some problems getting screenshots from e:tw.
    i tried fraps and using ingame screenshot functions from x-fire.
    both didnīt make any screenshot.

also just tried using the "print"-key but also no result.

is there any known problem taking screenshots of e:tw under windows7?

thanks

Prankowski

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

Default Re: screenshots

my best results have been to download "photobucket.com", (i personally found it easier than fraps) then when you see a good shot of a battle, or screen, press shift prt scr, for print screen. then take that and paste it onto windows paint (in system tools) and save it to a folder in your "my documents/pictures, then go to photobucket, click upload photo, choose the folder and the photo, it will load it up. at that point you can edit it if you like, maybe zoom in or out if you like, then right click/copy. click back to the thread you want to post it in, right click paste (2 spaces below your last sentence). at that point you have to have open the "go advanced" window and click on your pasted photo, then click the spoiler tag. it sounds troublesome, but once you get a system down, and a lil prctice, it dont take but a few minutes.....good luck, and I look forward to seeing you screenshots.

thanks for the advice grandpa.
    still, i think something is wrong with my e:tw.
    whatever i try i canīt get a screenshot.

when i use the print-screen button under windows it works fine, under e:tw it does nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpa View Post
    my best results have been to download "photobucket.com", (i personally found it easier than fraps) then when you see a good shot of a battle, or screen, press shift prt scr, for print screen. then take that and paste it onto windows paint (in system tools) and save it to a folder in your "my documents/pictures, then go to photobucket, click upload photo, choose the folder and the photo, it will load it up. at that point you can edit it if you like, maybe zoom in or out if you like, then right click/copy. click back to the thread you want to post it in, right click paste (2 spaces below your last sentence). at that point you have to have open the "go advanced" window and click on your pasted photo, then click the spoiler tag. it sounds troublesome, but once you get a system down, and a lil prctice, it dont take but a few minutes.....good luck, and I look forward to seeing you screenshots.
    First: I thought photobucket.com was a pic storing website which i've used.
    2nd At photobucket.com you can't sort pics by name only by age. (This is a change users are complaining about, and changes are promised). This drove me to the point of madness with 93 screenshots.
    3rd I assume that your playing in windowed mode to get access to paint etc easily, in which case one can use snipping tools in windows 7, and as long as you don't exit these are saved automatically in your pictures folder. If you exit snipping tools, it starts saving at capture0 again overwritten previous saves.
    As an aside, does anyone know of a pic storage site where one can sort pictures by filename?

grandpa's Avatar Elite Bytebumbler

hi SenniTreboris, sorry you didn't find my personal experience helpful. I do not play in window mode, though I typically save my battle video if I feel there is something special there that I want to share. After the battle is over, I will go back in the saved file, and find what I thought was special, and do exactly what I stated in my example. Photobucket allows me to "create album" ( or filename if you will ), in this way I am able to sort my pictures by land battles, sea battles ( which I save alot of if they are good), as well as family photos, fishing trips etc. I just put those photos in the album that it pertains to. My mentor l33t suggested Fraps to me, but I am not that puter savvy, so I am probably doing it an antiquated more difficult way......But thats why my freinds call me grandpa lol. Have a great day

"Work smart or be tuff", American Inventor Herbert Willaims. An amazing man. Inventor of the Openhydro Tidal energy machine, located in Orkney Islands. www.openhydro.com

It doesn't cost a dime to be nice yet has the highest return
    on investment. grandpa