Thread: The great triumvirate

Default The great triumvirate

This story was not written for any purpose when i started. Actually I think i once thought of a reason for it but that was a long time ago and im sure that i wouldnt have the same opinion. You'll probably be confused with it, but just try to come up with a meaning for yourself . oh and btw it is AGAINST religion.

There were three brothers atop a mountain side. One had lived a life according to god, one had lived a life of rich fortune and greed, and one had lived a life of violence and hate. Their names were unknown. The religious man brought his bible, the rich man brought his gold, and the violent violent man brought his gun. One day a terrible blizzard struck and they were all stranded, and close to death. The religious man suggested they open the bible and pray, but the other two would not have it. The violent man suggested they go out and shoot an animal for food, but the religious man would not kill, and the rich man was too weak. So the rich man suggested they walk over the mountain where they could buy a way out, but the others said they would die on the walk there. Then a man appeared to them, dressed in nothing except there was a bright light surrounding him. The violent man was the first to act, shooting at him but the bullet seemed to leave the gun and then disappear. The religious man quickly apologized and asked how the bullet had disappeared. The man replied, “What bullet?” and continued to walk towards them. The man was right; there was no gun or any of sign of where it had gone. The man stopped for a second, and then asked, “I know a safe way out of this mountain, but I require money.” The religious man and the violent man both looked at the rich man, but when he reached into his pockets, there was nothing. So the man continued to walk. The three realized he was giving off tremendous heat, and that they could suddenly not move their legs from that spot. “Wait, what are you doing, if you come closer you’ll burn us!” said one of the men. Then the religious man took out his bible and said, “No wait, I am a man of the faith, and you must be an angel, don’t kill me!” Then the man replied, “Are you so weak as to resort to something you have never seen with your own eyes? That is childlike.” And then the bible turned to dust and they were all left with nothing. The brothers watched in agony as he got ever closer, their skin burning before them and then… it was all gone. Light was everywhere around them and they were spinning. When they stopped the light had gone and the spinning had stopped, but there were no longer three brothers. There was only a baby left; One single baby. The man made of light picked him up, and said, “You are the most perfect human to ever find this earth, if I can call you human. I have freed you from the bonds of this life by taking away the qualities of what you were made from. I know you can hear me and understand. You know what you must do, and do it quickly. You are the one without sin.” The man placed the baby on the mountain and ordered the storm away, and then he was gone. Exactly what happened to the baby and who he grew up to be is unknown, but he will come to us and free us for all days, away from religion, from tyranny, greed and death. He is the grand savior, created from evil…
    Last edited by Quintus Augustus; February 09, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Default Re: The great triumvirate

As requested! Very interesting, to say the least. Main suggestion would be to create paragraphs, perhaps. Some sort of formatting; a single block of text can be a bit dissuading to some readers.Other than that, the writing is quite well done!
    Alea Iacta Est (The Die is Cast) - Gaius Julius Caesar
    An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
    We will either find a way, or make one - Hannibal Barca

thanks for the comment! and I guess ur right, though I wrote this first for some friends on facebook, so I just copied and pasted and it turned out like this

Ah. Understandable, then. Format is fun to deal with when copy-pasting. I've spent 10 minutes on it alone, before, attempting to get it to look right.
    Alea Iacta Est (The Die is Cast) - Gaius Julius Caesar
    An army of sheep led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by a sheep - Alexander the Great
    We will either find a way, or make one - Hannibal Barca