Thread: Siphonatores late age??? wtf!!!

Icon6 Siphonatores late age??? wtf!!!

Constantine IV used it 678 against the Arabs at the siege of Constantinople, [* 3] and Alexius against Pisa.

Someone gotta fix that and put it in the early age too!

ANother thing. Crusade units need to be exchanged entirely. Especially the lightly green gleaming Lazarus Knights are hurting my eyes.
    Absolut unappropriate unitskins, that are not historical accurate.
    Last edited by PlautusLeo; February 08, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Default Re: Siphonatores late age??? wtf!!!

Greek fire used even 1204...
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Thats not what I ment. YOu cant find them in early age on SS
    THey should be at all periods

Petar's Avatar Miles

The knights of the Order of Saint Lazarus are correctly wearing green and white tabards. I have to agree, however, that the green is too bright indeed. The color should be more subtle and "worn off", I guess.

the only porper crusaders are in Broken Crescent

Quote Originally Posted by PlautusLeo View Post
    the only porper crusaders are in Broken Crescent
    This.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

and what's so proper in them if you could explain it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

PlautusLeo: Please post questions/complaints/diatribes about the RR/RC submod in the correct forum.

You can retrain the unit of siphonatores you start with in constantinople from the start of the early era campaign. You cant recruit more until later. It would be too imbalancing to do it otherwise.

Last edited by Caesar Clivus; February 08, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Imbalanced? then weaken the unit, but dont put them only in late age. I actually dont know how to beat a spam of these Siphanatores. Maybe they are simply too strong for the game, Or one should reduce their number. I really dont know! Seems they have no weakness. Yes Crusaders have no proper look in SS. They rather looks as some Lego-Knights with plently color on it.
    In what forum ? I dont know where.

Another thing I need to mention. I noticed when I took Mongols in campaign. Mongols - Muslimfaction. Eh wtf!!!
    As if Mongols comming from Arabia. Some Mongols believed shamanisme, most people were pagans. But well, suit yourself!!!
    Last edited by PlautusLeo; February 09, 2010 at 05:37 PM.

Their weakness is melee. The easy way to beat a spam of siphanatores is spam cavalry. I'm pretty sure any ranged unit would beat them one on one too.

Mongols in RR/RC are pagan, WTF are you talking about them being Muslim?

Quote Originally Posted by PlautusLeo View Post
    Imbalanced? then weaken the unit, but dont put them only in late age.
    Greek fire was never widely used. It was a closely guarded secret. It wasn't a common sight on any terrestrial battlefield. It would be wrong to allow Siphonatores to be recruited in any great numbers. As I said, you have a unit at the start in Constantinople that you can retrain. That is enough. And weakening them would completely ruin the point of having such a unique unit available.

Ba'alzamon's Avatar Domesticus

Am I the only one who thinks Platous is just screwing around wasting our times? If you love BC so much and you feel the urge to post that in every forum your mouse can click on then that's fine by me. Please spare us though...

Cav is not quick enough! before theycan even reach them they are dying in the flames. Siphanatores are unbeatable.
    And its a matter of tactic to spam them or not, I dont care what these stupid generals, these retards did to hide their secret. I would spam them, for the sake of victory!!!
    I am not here simply cz I want my fun complaining here, although my time is just too important to waste it like that.
    I am here to solve problems

Your sincerely

Golden Plautus, hihi
    Last edited by PlautusLeo; February 10, 2010 at 11:57 AM.

"More noob rubbish from Plautus"

Cav is not quick enough! before theycan even reach them they are dying in the flames. Siphanatores are unbeatable.
    And its a matter of tactic to spam them or not, I dont care what these stupid generals, these retards did to hide their secret. I would spam them, for the sake of victory!!!
    fail troll is fail.

i think a mod should close this thread.
    More like pretty girls are like EA, you give more and more money, but dont get it back in quality
    - Thatguy

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Clivus View Post
    Greek fire was never widely used. It was a closely guarded secret. It wasn't a common sight on any terrestrial battlefield. It would be wrong to allow Siphonatores to be recruited in any great numbers. As I said, you have a unit at the start in Constantinople that you can retrain. That is enough. And weakening them would completely ruin the point of having such a unique unit available.
    CC is right...Units like Siphonatores and Anthropoi tou Vasileos were not ment to be for open field batlles. Their existance in the game aim to the knowlege of their existance in real! You must not be able to form armies full of cataphracts,imperial gaurds(AtV)and siphonatores. That would not be realistic and would make the byzantine campaign the easiest of all times.
    Siphon was a extremly powerfull weapon that was more dangerus for those who used it rather than the enemy.
    It aimed to brake the enemy's morale mostly in ground batlles or to force the walll defenders to leave their battle stations!
    The weapon was so rare that it is still today the most well kept secret in human history. How can you keep a weapon secret if you are using it all the time and in large numbers?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

it still remains to a matter of tactic

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    fail troll is fail.

i think a mod should close this thread.
    Agreed.