Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New Update for Empire

Default Re: New Update for Empire

Excellent news !

@CA & Everyone else,

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FROM A LOYAL FAN!

I do love the TW series and that's why I ed so much!

Congradulations, Gents & Ladies at CA! You've learned to listen....A big step forward!

Tally HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

hellas1

So guys are saying that the "update" we had today doesn't improve the game but only prepare it for the EUE DLC?????

NO FIXES FOR NOTHING?!?!?!? NO BUGS CORRECTED?!?!?
    I also read that there is the possibility that this update let the game CTD after start....
    is there a changelog of what's done with the update we have today from steam?
    Last edited by liambane; February 08, 2010 at 05:11 PM.
    My Mods:
    Earth 35 Civilizations Mod v2.5 Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond The Sword 3.19
    Modular United Mods v1.3 Sid Meier's Colonization 1.01
    Two Sicilies Mod v1.0 Europa Universalis III DW5.2 - Death&Taxes Mod 9.1

My AAR:
    King Etgar the Conqueror AAR Medieval II Total War Stainless Steel 6.4

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by liambane View Post
    So guys are saying that the "update" we had today doesn't improve the game but only prepare it for the EUE DLC?????

NO FIXES FOR NOTHING?!?!?!? NO BUGS CORRECTED?!?!?
    I also read that there is the possibility that this update let the game CTD after start....
    is there a changelog of what's done with the update we have today from steam?
    It wasn't really a patch with fixes, it was just the download of the new units, so that, even if you don't buy the DLC, it'll be ready to play with other people that might be using the new units.

@Anyone,

Now DOES this update address BAI then or Is this update an initial BAI release with more to follow?

Thanks folks,
    hellas1

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    @Anyone,

Now DOES this update address BAI then or Is this update an initial BAI release with more to follow?

Thanks folks,
    hellas1
    No, today's update only brings the new DLC units as far as I know. Check my post above yours .

While this is good news.. its come way too late to keep me interested in the whole TW series. Perhaps if this had been fixed earlier AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN. I might still be a fan of total war games. But I'm so glad I moved on and spend my time now on much better things instead

Dave

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    If they want to "trick" people into buying NTW with this patch then they'd better do a damn good job on it, shouldn't they?

Again: their motivations are irrelevant. Whatever one you can imagine, they're trying to fix the BAI. Money is probably the motivation most likely to deliver results, actually, so you should be pleased.

I wonder if the patch will be released before the release of NTW? I'm sorry but CA has drained my resevoir of trust. They have a chance to restore some trust but they need to deliver with a solid NTW. I no longer feel that I can assume anything with these guys. I desperately want NTW to be a great game but I don't like the way CA is conducting business these days.

Quote Originally Posted by TW Rehab View Post
    Dear All,

Just a quick note to say this update focuses on the BAI solely as this was identified as the main community issue. Specifically within that it seeks to address the 'melee issue', the 'blob' issue and the leapfrogging glitch.
    We want to maintain a reasonable level of expectation around this, as its purpose is just the BAI as identified (kindly) by your good selves and others.

And again, these issues will be significantly reduced where they occur and BAI behaviour improved, but they may still be present in a few battles.

Thanks again to all those that offered constructive feedback.

Kind regards,
    Kieran
    YOU THE MAN

I told ya Keiran was on our side. The fact that you guys (CA) are supporting ETW again is fantastic - that is the only expectation we had - I have now pre-ordered NTW again and will buy all ETW DLC right now.

Now thats the CA we now - all is good in the Kingdom again.
    "Sure selling shoes is fun. But behind the glamour, it's
    like any other minimum wage slow death."

Quote Originally Posted by TW Rehab View Post
    Dear All,

Today we’re announcing that a new update for Empire: Total War will shortly be entering its beta group phase.

We’ve spent the last few months listening to and acting on fan feedback on the battle AI in Empire, and this update has been designed to improve your experience.

This update seeks to reduce the occurrence of aggressive melee behavior in the AI armies, milling or ‘blobbing’ behavior during formation and the leapfrogging of units sometimes experienced.

It’s important to set expectations realistically with this update, where these issues occur they will be significantly reduced but not altogether eliminated.
    The Battle AI will be a significant improvement over Empire 1.5, and is based on Empire.
    Kieran
    Inshort, you're releasing a patch to get us to a point the BAI in DarthMod 5.0+ has been for a month? Why not just make DMUC a patch through Steam?

Given DM is stable, and already achieves what you say you're aiming to do, what if I don't want this? Frankly, I don't trust it not to bugger things up, given CA's history on this title.

@Steeltrap,

Look dude, I appreciate what Darthvader has done TREMENDOUSLY. period.

However,

His mod disables fire and advance, something I really want kept in and modifies other things I want in the game, vanilla style.

I don't need to get a revamped Darthmod, I need BETTER BAI in vanilla ETW first man.

Let CA release better BAI for ETW, they have the code in their hands.
    BTW, sign up as a beta tester if you want!

hellas1

This is a step in the right direction, but puzzling in some regards. Why was it necessary to tell us the fix would be "inferior" to NTW's AI? Marketing? If so...is that the only reason for this patch? To throw the dogs a proverbial bone?

The effort is acknowledged, but the motives are questionable given the close release of NTW. Does this mean that CA now has the "time and resources" to fix ETW?
    Last edited by Abspara; February 08, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
    The extra development time will allow us to finalize and polish Empire, making it the most accomplished and epic of the Total War series." said Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager at The Creative Assembly. "There is a great deal of anticipation around Empire: Total War and we want to ensure that it is the benchmark for strategy games upon its release.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Scarface View Post
    While this is good news.. its come way too late to keep me interested in the whole TW series. Perhaps if this had been fixed earlier AS IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN. I might still be a fan of total war games. But I'm so glad I moved on and spend my time now on much better things instead

Dave
    I kinda agree. It has been hard and long and what might we get? Maybe a slightly better BAI but not as good as NTW`s BAI? Hmmm.

We need to keep our cool still and see what happens.

I wouldn`t get too excited, everyone. We don`t have that patch yet and CA are doing the barest minimum because they`re scared TW sales will be bad. they just want us to kickstart into buying first before giving us anything. They still haven`t given us anything! Wait!

We must STILL keep up the pressure.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; February 08, 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellas1 View Post
    @Steeltrap,

Look dude, I appreciate what Darthvader has done TREMENDOUSLY. period.

However,

His mod disables fire and advance, something I really want kept in and modifies other things I want in the game, vanilla style.

I don't need to get a revamped Darthmod, I need BETTER BAI in vanilla ETW first man.

Let CA release better BAI for ETW, they have the code in their hands.
    BTW, sign up as a beta tester if you want!

hellas1
    Can appreciate that. My concern is all the things they might 'fix'. Consider their overly arcade (IMO) amendments to naval combat.

I guess I find the options in DM so superior to vanilla that I have no interest in a patch that might not achieve even those BAI improvements while diminishing other aspects of the game.

I guess I don't have any faith in, or trust of, CA.

I'll be happy to be proved incorrect, however.

As for being a beta tester.....I did that for a few months from March when I bought ETW until I gave up in disgust. It was DMUC that got me trying again.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    I kinda agree. It has been hard and long and what might we get? Maybe a slightly better BAI but not as good as NTW`s BAI? Hmmm.

We need to keep our cool still and see what happens.

I wouldn`t get too excited, everyone. We don`t have that patch yet and CA are doing the barest minimum because they`re scared TW sales will be bad. they just want us to kickstart into buying first before giving us anything. They still haven`t given us anything! Wait!

We must STILL keep up the pressure.
    What it does mean is that that ETW engine can be improved even to standard of NTW (what ever that going to be like) So CA's original line that they couldnt further improve ETW is bull and people should be grateful to the Humbles, Hubertos, Absparas, Blanks,Rubens, Hips63, Hellas 1 hey and even the Bundys (and all those I havent included) out there for fighting for a better ETW and a more customer focused CA.

Yes we have won the battle but not the war - but we are resilient - and our trenches are deep and we arent going home CA.

But you must agree Humble our voices have been heard - Its a start

CA went rogue there for a moment but there coming back to us - Sensei, Simpson keep listening to the voices of the customer we are not the enemy - SILENCE definately is..... just think about that

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Its funny to see all the guys in this thread going duhh i knew ca was good duhhhh without seeing the bigger picture.

Read between the lines guys.

CA said they don't have the resources to fix it but now that sales suck they do. They don't care about the fanbase. Use your heads and don't buy ntw until etw is fixed.

broken tech trading broken reload cycles how if an enemy goes out of range the troops stop reloading broken auto resolve where 300 millita beat 500 line broken forts broken sieges broken a million other things. ca are promising to fix one thing and one thing only.

this isn't the second coming of Christ its a desperate grab for the fanbases goodwill after they realized they screwed us over one too many times so we will buy a game that has a load of fixes they could integrate into ertw.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; February 08, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ForlornHope. View Post
    Its funny to see all the guys in this thread going duhh i knew ca was good duhhhh without seeing the bigger picture.

CA said they don't have the resources to fix it but now that sales suck they do. They don't care about the fanbase. Use your heads and don't buy ntw until etw is fixed.
    I hear you Forlorn but if thats what it had to take for them to listen to us - well that s what it had to take - yes we had to scream at times but I am happy at this win

Now if only we can get you and Humble into the Beta testing phase......

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    What it does mean is that that ETW engine can be improved even to standard of NTW (what ever that going to be like) So CA's original line that they couldnt further improve ETW is bull and people should be grateful to the Humbles, Hubertos, Absparas, Blanks,Rubens, Hips63, Hellas 1 hey and even the Bundys (and all those I havent included) out there for fighting for a better ETW and a more customer focused CA.

Yes we have won the battle but not the war - but we are resilient - and our trenches are deep and we arent going home CA.

But you must agree Humble our voices have been heard - Its a start

CA went rogue there for a moment but there coming back to us - Sensei, Simpson keep listening to the voices of the customer we are not the enemy - SILENCE definately is..... just think about that
    Sure. Congrats to you too. It`s the combination of all our efforts that have got us at least this far.

Well, that`s why we have to play their little game. We use our consumer power to make them do what`s right. I think expecting them to be angels (pre-ETW) is pointless now. We have to treat them a bit like little monsters we get to do what`s right with a carrot and stick: Patch ETW better and we buy NTW.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; February 08, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    I hear you Forlorn but if thats what it had to take for them to listen to us - well that s what it had to take - yes we had to scream at times but I am happy at this win

Now if only we can get you and Humble into the Beta testing phase......
    I wish they would send me a copy i can tell you id tell it exactly like it is and if they can get on my good side of all people then people will know its good.

HW too spits venom so pleasing him would be a task and a half.

It makes sense for ca to give the most vocal naysayers betas tho it still wouldn't make me forgive them for neglecting etw to push etw.

I wish they would send me a copy i can tell you id tell it exactly like it is and if they can get on my good side of all people then people will know its good.

HW too spits venom so pleasing him would be a task and a half.

It makes sense for ca to give the most vocal naysayers betas tho it still wouldn't make me forgive them for neglecting etw to push etw.

Guess that`s a dig about steam. sure, i`d add a footnote so people know they`d have to go on the net with Steam, but 99% of the review would be on the game.
    Hey, I have no problem if they sent Forlorn the Review copy. However, I wouldn`t say no to it.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; February 08, 2010 at 06:09 PM.