Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Update for Empire

Default Re: New Update for Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Warhammster View Post
    Kieran any chance of an "Elite Units of the North Pack"? Sweden and Poland have been pretty scorned in previous DLC's... I think the market for an "Elite Units of the North" would perhaps be smaller than the market for "Elite Units of the West", but hardly smaller than the market for "Elite Units of the East" (I mean how many Ottomans or Indians are actually playing this game?). I for one would rather buy such a pack than NTW to be honest.
    Have we a chance too to Elite Unite of Southeast? I think Dagestan, Crimskajan, Absurdistan need some new Sharpshooters - and these are emerging markets too..

Germane

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

This is an important gesture.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    As someone who doesn't experience BAI blobbing or melee bugs with 1.5, I am a bit concerned that 1.6 will bring problems to the BAI that has otherwise been working fine for me.
    Its tough when you're not sure if this is good news or not.
    There is always a chance they could foul something up. But I don't buy it when prople claim they don't have the chicken dance, Turkey Shoot, or melee blob. Everyone has experienced this, you may just have not realized it.

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    As someone who doesn't experience BAI blobbing or melee bugs with 1.5, I am a bit concerned that 1.6 will bring problems to the BAI that has otherwise been working fine for me.
    Its tough when you're not sure if this is good news or not.
    Klesh, can you post some screens of your BAI in action? Custom battle, default armies, no mods.

There's a thread on how CA's trying to reconcile themselves with the fanbase since NTW pre-sales have been below expectations.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=331146
    An independent Jewish state!!!

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

They should fix campaign map lag as well.

The game also sometimes crashes after battles.

also don't be fooled that this is some "sorry" gesture; their ntw preorders have been low, so they are trying desperately to make the fanbase hate them less. Sorry ca, but one patch that only fixes the melee bug and none of the myriad other bugs, like not being able to swap tech not repairing forts, having every guy have to run before you can fire and the map lag that you know about but wont fix still make me hate you.

It will take more than this to change that, not a patch fixing one issue.
    Last edited by Yojimbo; February 08, 2010 at 02:22 PM.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Hmmmm, I've not really noticed any difference. I suppose the computer is not diving at me anymore when the tide turns against them but in honesty they have only melee'd me when they have the superior numbers...

Not that that saved the computer now.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

well the dmuc mod doesnt work for me anymore but it does work by deleting the patch4.pack in the data folder. would this cause any problems though?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    Hmmmm, I've not really noticed any difference. I suppose the computer is not diving at me anymore when the tide turns against them but in honesty they have only melee'd me when they have the superior numbers...

Not that that saved the computer now.
    The patch hasn't been released yet.

I wonder if they got the cojones to launch ,and potentially fail the upcoming BAI patch before Napoleon leaves the shelves.If they wait that could stimulate some into buying Napoleon.They never cease to flabbergast me with their tactics,good thing we like strategy too!
    I am what you will be! (Tombstone tekst)

So what on earth was my update for?

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Can the modders please fix the CTD issues with this patch. I can't start the game without one on the startup screen.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo2006 View Post
    Can the modders please fix the CTD issues with this patch. I can't start the game without one on the startup screen.
    Try the Game to start via Modmanager without mods - since 1.5 can i only the Game started via Modmanager..

King Edward III's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by TW Rehab View Post
    Dear All,

Today we’re announcing that a new update for Empire: Total War will shortly be entering its beta group phase.

We’ve spent the last few months listening to and acting on fan feedback on the battle AI in Empire, and this update has been designed to improve your experience.

This update seeks to reduce the occurrence of aggressive melee behavior in the AI armies, milling or ‘blobbing’ behavior during formation and the leapfrogging of units sometimes experienced.

It’s important to set expectations realistically with this update, where these issues occur they will be significantly reduced but not altogether eliminated.
    The Battle AI will be a significant improvement over Empire 1.5, and is based on Empire. It will not exhibit the progression seen in Napoleons more advanced Battle AI system.

The beta group phase is for an indeterminate length of time so the public release date of this update isn’t scheduled yet.
    If you’d like to take part in the beta and test the update for compatibility and stability please contact Sensei and sign up for the beta group.

Please note we’re not looking for feedback on the BAI’s performance in general, we’re looking to test stability and performance at this stage.

----

As an addendum we'd like to extend a special thanks to those who took part constructively and politely on the discussion thread here at the TWC, your points were well received.

Kind regards,
    Kieran
    And just how 'advanced' is Napoleons AI? We heard the same when Empire was released..
    According to the Theory of War, which teaches that the best way to avoid the inconvenience of war is to pursue it away from your own country, it is more sensible for us to fight our notorious enemy in his own realm, with the joint power of our allies, than it is to wait for him at our own doors.

- King Edward III, 1339

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Dakier View Post
    So what on earth was my update for?
    This;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330040

It doesn't matter if you purchased the DLC or not your Empire will still update.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Quote Originally Posted by l33tl4m3r View Post
    This;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=330040

It doesn't matter if you purchased the DLC or not your Empire will still update.
    + =

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well, what a surprise. It seems that retrofitting stuff like BAI is not impossible after all (no matter what Kieran says). This is what constant `whining` helps to do for those who think it`s just CA acting from nothing. People who complain about GENUINE faults will be heard with perserverence (KEEP complaining). If no one had protested- nothing would happen.

It is the naysayers who cut us off at every attempt to get things fixed who almost never allowed for this to happen.

However, I am not leaping to thankyous yet, though I do appreciate the news. When I see this Patch actually happen then I will say `thanks` as it goes partway to fixing things.

This does still leave problesm with unrepairable walls and CAI unable to retreat, perhaps that too can be retro-fixed. I have little hope for sieges however.

p.s. Perhaps CA are beginning to also realise that NTW sales may be hit hard and are trying to get more sales, WAIT FOR THE ACTUAL PATCH, People.
    Last edited by Humble Warrior; February 08, 2010 at 03:10 PM.

Good news, but I won't be convinced unless this patch does a meaningful fix to the BAI, if it does I may purchase NTW if the feedback is good.

If you rep me leave your name and I'll rep you back!

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I believe we need to be very careful. I believe this is a panic gesture by SEGA because of potential Napoleon losses due to people unhappy with ETW. I know i`m repeating myself, but people who were not going to buy should wait until we see a Patch actually released.

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Its very amusing to see their crappy sales.