Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: New Update for Empire

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New Update for Empire

To me this seems like an obvious marketing ploy to help sales of NTW. CA must be starting to worry about NTW sales.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by scottie3 View Post
    However my request to make minor factions playable in multiplayer would only require a few 'falses' to be changed to 'true' in the db file.
    as a modder I can tell you that it is more to it than that to do it propely.

I'm not saying that it is not do-able but there is more work to it than that.

hip63

As with most people, I'm pleasantly surprised at this news.

Good luck to fixing this issue, CA. I hope this isn't the last fix you're going to do.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    To me this seems like an obvious marketing ploy to help sales of NTW. CA must be starting to worry about NTW sales.
    Doesn't matter.We all get what we want.I would dread the day that i dont get to indulge in some kind of total war.(Except with my girlfriend maybe)
    I am what you will be! (Tombstone tekst)

Hi hip63,
    Thanks for the reply.I am no modder thats for sure so I beleive you mate. All I know is that even with my very limited computer knowledge I managed to make minor factions playable using the pack file manager.However the 1.3 patch made us all incompatible if we redid it.That was the problem.All I was asking was for the possibility to be put back as it was prior to patch 1.3. Cheers scottie3.

Quote Originally Posted by Plautus View Post
    For sure the patch will be released after the release of NTW. "I will not buy NTW untill you fix the BAI problem in ETW"...just repeating what i heard many times last month...well...where is caption obvious when we need him?
    Well CA is in the business to make money. I am sure that releasing a patch is in part because it makes good business sense to keep your paying customers happy. I will gladly give CA my money if they deliver quality games, its a win/win for CA and for the gamers.

I am sure that they are getting NTW on the shelves before anything else is done to ETW and making sure that any game killers are already being addressed in a first patch. That makes the most sense to me because if NTW flops, I think everyone is going lose out big time.

Thanks CA!!! Dont' forget to miss the chance to fix all other minor bugs in campaign AI too!!!

Here's some bugs\ideas for the patch:

- No garrisons in some cities (South America, Pirate islands...)
    - Invasion by AI of never touched territories and islands (North west territories, montagnais, pirate islands)
    - Invasion of INDIA by AI (never see this)
    - Technology buttons in college are reversed.
    - Technology trade has buttons bug too.
    - Enemies Fleets miss OFTEN the chance to raid or occupe a enemy dock when unprotected.
    - Startpos diplomacy MORE HYSTORICAL ACCURATE!!!! (for example king of spain should die in the second turn and Spanish succession war should start. Will be fun with historical alliances accuracy)
    - Any chanche to have PORTUGAL and DENMARK as Major factions by vanilla game?
    - USE DARTHMOD as EXAMPLE!!!

... What about give us Modding Tools??? We fix bugs and you CA take the best fixes and relase patches...

LET'S FIX THIS GAME CA!!!!!!!
    Last edited by liambane; February 08, 2010 at 10:07 AM.
    My Mods:
    Earth 35 Civilizations Mod v2.5 Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond The Sword 3.19
    Modular United Mods v1.3 Sid Meier's Colonization 1.01
    Two Sicilies Mod v1.0 Europa Universalis III DW5.2 - Death&Taxes Mod 9.1

My AAR:
    King Etgar the Conqueror AAR Medieval II Total War Stainless Steel 6.4

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

It's not enough that they're trying to fix it but they need to do it for the specific reason you require? What difference does it make?

This is what I was talking about with dmcheatw. CA could release a patch that fixes everything in ETW the day before NTW came out and it would still be seen as a pathetic ploy to some people.

Thank you Ca for listening

♔Oggie♔'s Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by liambane View Post
    Thanks CA!!! Dont' forget to miss the chance to fix all other minor bugs in campaign AI too!!!

Here's some bugs\ideas for the patch:

- No garrisons in some cities (South America, Pirate islands...)
    - Invasion by AI of never touched territories and islands (North west territories, montagnais, pirate islands)
    - Invasion of INDIA by AI (never see this)
    - Technology buttons in college are reversed.
    - Technology trade has buttons bug too.
    - Enemies Fleets miss OFTEN the chance to raid or occupe a enemy dock when unprotected.
    - Startpos diplomacy MORE HYSTORICAL ACCURATE!!!! (for example king of spain should die in the second turn and Spanish succession war should start. Will be fun with historical alliances accuracy)
    - USE DARTHMOD as EXAMPLE!!!

LET'S FIX THIS GAME CA!!!!!!!
    They've already said that this will only affect the BAI, so I'm sorry but I guess there won't be any changes made beside that.

I do thank CA, Kieran and all people who've worked on this game for releasing this patch to make the BAI better.

Big difference between a marketing play and a sound business decision. A marketing play would be to make us believe they were retrofitting Empire with NTW engine. And then have it all be a ruse as we all rushed to buy NTW at release.

A sound business decision is making right so your customers will have faith in future purchases. This patch if implemented correctly without breaking anything elese is a sound business decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Plautus View Post
    I will wait for the result...sorry but simple words do no longer convince me. The more i will be delighted if the patch is really coming and really changs something...or the less i will be dissapointed if this turns out to be another strategical marketing hoax.

Suprise me

My thoughts exactly hope not though.

Quote Originally Posted by irish437 View Post
    Well CA is in the business to make money. I am sure that releasing a patch is in part because it makes good business sense to keep your paying customers happy. I will gladly give CA my money if they deliver quality games, its a win/win for CA and for the gamers.

I am sure that they are getting NTW on the shelves before anything else is done to ETW and making sure that any game killers are already being addressed in a first patch. That makes the most sense to me because if NTW flops, I think everyone is going lose out big time.
    Right,i'm not expecting any miracles from this BAI patch,but it could restore some of my respect for CA.
    I am what you will be! (Tombstone tekst)

Huh, I don't get it.
    Is this patch being released for all, or just for a few? Because right now, Steam is downloading the update even though I haven't contacted anyone about helping to test it.
    Not that I'm complaining mind, it's good that E:TW is still being updated.
    Now if you would just fix naval invasion (namely make the AI perform them...) then all will be well.

Indefinitely Banned

Thank you CA!

It just goes to show that if you talk to people properly, instead of insulting and slandering them, then you are much more likely to be listened to. Being civil costs nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by tommyd View Post
    Huh, I don't get it.
    Is this patch being released for all, or just for a few? Because right now, Steam is downloading the update even though I haven't contacted anyone about helping to test it.
    Not that I'm complaining mind, it's good that E:TW is still being updated.
    Now if you would just fix naval invasion (namely make the AI perform them...) then all will be well.
    It will be for everyone but they want beta testers to test it first. Something is being downloaded from steam?? Really?? I wonder...

How very good of you CA.

If this works out I will be considering NTW.

Edit: my steam just updated ETW, but it doesn't say what has been changed.
    An independent Jewish state!!!

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I applied the update and thought I'll go straight to TWC... you know when I saw this I thought someone was taking the smeg... (smeg=Red Dwarf) Untill I saw TWRehab had made the post.

I may yet look at buying Napolean but first I must test this update
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!

Depending on the quality of the BAI fixes this may be the bare minimum to get me to buy NTW (depending on how others like it). I think it should still go without saying though that there's significant issues with ETW beyond the BAI, as others have mentioned here. There's even deeper issues within the BAI itself that it doesn't seem like you're going to be addressing. To this end, the product you sold me sounds like it's going to remain very unfinished unless this BAI patch delivers big time on the fun factor in battle.

For now I'll say thanks for finally listening and taking the first steps towards rebuilding trust within our community. Now, about those mod tools...
    The Black Watch RHR of Canada
    NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT
    No one provokes me with impunity

Is the update people are getting perhaps the update for the DLC "Elite Units of the East?"