Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: New Update for Empire

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: New Update for Empire

No doubt the many fans who threatened to not buy NTW until ETW was patched has had its effect. This is all well and good but I will still wait until I get feedback on NTW before I buy it. We fans shouldn't have to threaten and beg CA to fix what they obviously know is broken and getting them to release patches shouldn't be like pulling teeth. Thanks for the patch CA. I hope that the patching process for NTW is less needed and much smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by Plautus View Post
    I will wait for the result...sorry but simple words do no longer convince me. The more i will be delighted if the patch is really coming and really changs something...or the less i will be dissapointed if this turns out to be another strategical marketing hoax.

Suprise me
    actually i came back to this thread to say something similar. It could be like the 1.5 patch, which did nothing, other than make it seem like they released five patches for empire, when in fact they released four (meaningful patches that is). This better not be a marketing decision deisgned to reduce the ire of the community and make it seem like you've patched empire six times when you've really only patched it four.

in other words make this patch, patch 1.6, actually do something. People will see through it if it doesn't.

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by dmcheatw View Post
    i recall that you are a CA apologist. If true, i can assure you it was the efforts of the complainers, the same posters you take issue with, more than anything you've done to help make this BAI patch a reality.
    No, I'm just fair and realistic. I was amongst the loud people who took issue with the atrocious framerate and inexcusably awful siege battles, among other issues. Most of what I took issue with is fixed (or at least reasonably improved), so I'm not loud anymore. I take issue with those that have irrational hate that no amount of patches could ever eliminate, as well as those fanboys who will excuse any bug...it's just that the former group is 10x larger and louder than the latter.

Looking at my own thread history, the majority of threads I've made about ETW (which admittedly isn't many) have been about bugs and problems with the game.

A pleasant suprise indeed.

Strategos Alexandros's Avatar Centenarius

Great news. But only the AI will be patched in this patch? What about the features of NTW will be implented in ETW. Is that going to happen or not? It says so in the confirmed information of NTW...
    Vale,
    Strategos Alexandros

P.S. Would you please point out if I make any grammatical or spelling errors? It would be very much appreciated. I will rep+ you if you can also explain the error to me.

Everyone needs to give CA the chance to release it. They previously weren't going to do anything. Now they've listened to the compliants about the BAI and have said they will attempt to fix it. No gaurantee but at least they will try. Give it a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    No, I'm just fair and realistic. I was amongst the loud people who took issue with the atrocious framerate and inexcusably awful siege battles, among other issues. Most of what I took issue with is fixed (or at least reasonably improved), so I'm not loud anymore. I take issue with those that have irrational hate that no amount of patches could ever eliminate, as well as those fanboys who will excuse any bug...it's just that the former group is 10x larger and louder than the latter.

Looking at my own thread history, the majority of threads I've made about ETW (which admittedly isn't many) have been about bugs and problems with the game.
    my apologies then, i mischaracterized you.

nigelnire's Avatar Decanus

WOW ! What a surprise I can’t believe it. Thats great news Kieran believe me this will be very well received. I look forward to this BAi fix and true to my word I will Pre order Napoleon.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Dignan View Post
    Give it a chance.
    I intend to do just that.

hip63

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by dmcheatw View Post
    my apologies then, i mischaracterized you.
    It's all good.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

WoW,didnt expect this at all anymore,so a Big thank you CA !!!

Like many of us stated this many times before;we dont expect a ''humanly'' BAI,no just bring back the 1.3 days(or better like Darths Fix)and well be fine and very Gratefull indeed!!

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

LIEZ

Zipzopdippidybopbop's Avatar Barred from the Local

Jesus. Thought you abandoned us. Very good to see that i'm wrong!

What about the UI Glitching? I would consider that a major problem Kieran. Please get that fixed ASAP.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

This is excellent news!

Thanks Kieran, and thanks to the rest of the team!

I´m sorry but i am very skeptical. Don´t get me wrong, i appreciate the effort of what CA is doing, in fact it is a nice surprise after all. I am glad about the patch, but what i am not so happy is to read that they do not want any feedback. It is a sort of take it or leave it.

Now imagine that you are a CA, and decide to try to fix some small things, it doesn´t matter whenever you "sucess" fixing or "fail" fixing, because you said "i don´t want any feedback just accept what we give you".

CA can easily say "ey we tried to fix etw ai with a patch, you should be thankful and trust in us again". I don´t know if you are getting the point now.

What i mean is that it is a nice gesture from CA, but it will only means something if it really fix it, wouldn´t it? By saying that it will be only a minor improvement, you could possibly not notice it, or be very little noticeable. In the end whenever CA actually improves the battle ai or not, they will be able to say that they supported empire, and that is the real deal here i think.

In short i hope that CA really takes this seriously and try to fix the BAI, rather than just trhowing flowers at itself while leaving things practically the same as they were.

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Aye, lets just wait and see!!! if CA sort out the BAI great job and well done!! (whats that the Toon is actually been nice to CA!!!!! )

Hi Kieran,
    This is excellent news , especially for the people that play a lot of single player campaigns.I would imagine took quite a lot of work as well. However my request to make minor factions playable in multiplayer would only require a few 'falses' to be changed to 'true' in the db file. This would add considerable content to Empires mp & would be very popular with mp players. Seeing as this would entail so little effort on CA's behalf ,may I ask if there is a chance of this being implemented in a future patch and if not why not?Thanks scottie3.

For sure the patch will be released after the release of NTW. "I will not buy NTW untill you fix the BAI problem in ETW"...just repeating what i heard many times last month...well...where is caption obvious when we need him?

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucefalo View Post
    I´m sorry but i am very skeptical. Don´t get me wrong, i appreciate the effort of what CA is doing, in fact it is a nice surprise after all. I am glad about the patch, but what i am not so happy is to read that they do not want any feedback. It is a sort of take it or leave it.

Now imagine that you are a CA, and decide to try to fix some small things, it doesn´t matter whenever you "sucess" fixing or "fail" fixing, because you said "i don´t want any feedback just accept what we give you".

CA can easily say "ey we tried to fix etw ai with a patch, you should be thankful and trust in us again". I don´t know if you are getting the point now.

What i mean is that it is a nice gesture from CA, but it will only means something if it really fix it, wouldn´t it? By saying that it will be only a minor improvement, you could possibly not notice it, or be very little noticeable. In the end whenever CA actually improves the battle ai or not, they will be able to say that they supported empire, and that is the real deal here i think.

In short i hope that CA really takes this seriously and try to fix the BAI, rather than just trhowing flowers at itself while leaving things practically the same as they were.
    It's not that they don't want feedback on the patch; its just that the build is finalized, and they're at the stability-testing stage of the patch. That's what Kieran invited us to apply for. Once the patch is released, we're free to comment on it as always - its just that that stage of beta testing is already passed.

Which is a good thing, really, because it means we're that much closer to having the patch in our hands.

Libertus

Great, great news indeed!