Thread: Prime Art

Default Prime Art

Hello everyone!

So uni holidays are winding down to the point of boredom, and to alleviate said boredom, I've decided to open this thread to post my digital doodles and keep me sane until next semester starts. I got a wacom tablet and Photoshop for christmas, so I've been playing around with it for a month or so. I've never used PS or any photo-editing software before, so yeah...I am a photoshop noob

Anyways, here's some stuff that I've done over the past month:

Very first epic fail attempt at using the tablet and the Corel Painter Essentials that came with it

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Dragon Age Origins fan art:

Morrigan

Leliana (Sacred Ashes wooo!)

A Mass Effect 2 wallpaper that I quickly (...lazily) slapped together. I can post the original size 1920x1080 if anyone wants it.

And finally something I am currently working on. It's a bit messy...

I don't have any photomanipulation experience (hence no sigs) but that is something I'm interested in learning. I imagine it would take less time to make sigs than draw things from scratch (eg. the above WIP is ~25 hours already) so it'd be good to know when free time becomes scarce.

Well that's it for now. I'll update when more progress is made on something. And I'm open to any requests, which I'll try and do when I have the time

Thanks for visiting!
    Last edited by Last of the Primes; February 08, 2010 at 05:29 AM.

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Default Re: Prime Art

Welcome! And nice digital paintings! If you want to learn photomanipulation, you should apply for the PS Basics Course +rep when I get home.

I wish I could draw...

Awesome stuff man!

Doing sigs is definitely less time consuming, but it's not a 15 minute affair. Each of my sigs takes about 45 mins - 1 hour ( a lot of the time longer since I'll hit a wall and have to plan my next move often), and then another hour of me looking at it saying "Damn, I really don't like this part...".

Anyway, welcome! It's cool having such a diverse range of talents here.

I wish I had a tablet + Illustrator

Anyway, great work my friend !

Nice sketcing on painting, characters are looking good too.

Aanker's Avatar Concordant

Great work, nice to see more of us digital drawers around here!

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Russia have managed to weaponize the loneliest and saddest people on the internet by providing them with (sometimes barechested) father figures whom they can adhere to in order to justify their hatred for the current establishment and the society that rejects them.

UNDER THE PROUD PATRONAGE OF ABBEWS
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10

abbews's Avatar The Screen Door Slams

Guys, just so you know. I advice not to post in a almost a year old topic. It's not forbidden, but we don't want necroposting.