Thread: Question to Johan about Ornamentum and Romulus unit pack

Default Question to Johan about Ornamentum and Romulus unit pack

Please to see you johan, in the last () TROM release, do you inclue Ornamentum French unit pack and 1.3 unit pack ?

I have an other question : After your release i want to adapte a part of french unit mod of Romulus to my TROM / Empire game http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=281845&goto=newpost) but i don't know how to break the limite of unit for a faction. Can you tell me what can i do ?

Thanks for all you did and you do for this mod.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Question to Johan about Ornamentum and Romulus unit pack

Yes, all the Ornamentum packs will be supported (in the separate TROM_Ornamentum download)

I'm not sure what you mean by "to break the limit of unit for a faction". If you mean the unit limit in campaigns, there is a column in the units_table where you set the limit ("0" is no limit). In the last column in the units_table you can also set the limit for Custom Battles.
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

Thanks a lot Johan ... i mean limit in campaigns ... i'm french so my english is as bad as the english food taste...

**** Léo

Pas de problème, mon ami

Merci et puisque tu parle français :
    en fait pour être plus clair actuellement, dans le mod, il y a une limite du nombre de régiment d'infanterie de ligne disponible ce qui fait que si on veut rajouter un mod avec d'autres unité seule quelques-unes apparaissent ... est-ce bien de cette limite dont on parle ?

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

Mon français appris dans les jours d'école est très mauvaise. Je suis désolé.
    Most Serene.

I should have kept my mouth shut

I understand French, but forgive me that I reply in English (my French spelling and grammar is horrible).

So your question: there appears to be a limit to the number of Line Infantry regiments, so that when you install a mod that adds other units, not all the regiments show up.

I have to say that I do not know of such a limit: there used to be limits in RTW, but not in the newer games. All I can think of is that there is a problem with the mod files...

Possible causes:
    1) the mod files contain one or more tables with the same name (e.g. two tables named "building_units_allowed") -> rename one of the tables
    2) a spelling error or incorrect reference in one of the tables (so that the game cannot read the following lines)

Hope this helps

Serenissima's Avatar Tiro

As you might have guessed from my message, all I know is absolutely terrible French from school, and it'd be unwise to make me try and actually -speak- it or understand much of what someone is saying verbally. :p
    Most Serene.