Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Namaan's Byzantium Sub Mod

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Namaan's Byzantium Sub Mod

If You will play Romans, You will have NO time to notice units!!!
    Roman units are very expencive in my sub mod, so you will have to rely on even mercenaries or AOR units, and that is historically acurate, don't You agree?

I am curently working on fixing some strange CTDs wich are present on some machines, but my plan is to release another sub mod, wich will start in 1204. AD, just after the fall of Konstantinoupolis. Maybe I will add some new units in that sub mod. That is, of course, if PDER II won't be released.

Constantius's Avatar Primicerius

Yes to all that sounds good .In the mean time I shall try to get the CBUR files and learn how to get them in game (an all purpose installer would be a God send)As i mentioned earlier i haven't played yet are the Serbs and Bulgar /Vlachs represented ?

Signature made by Joar

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

No, not yet. But in my next sub mod both of them (us) will be
    For CBUR units, You must ask for permission to use them. As far as I know, there are no installer for CBUR units.
    Last edited by Naaman; February 22, 2010 at 01:09 PM.

Yes will get permision ,already asked about using them for something else but still dont have the files as yet ,Yeah i know there isn't an installer just wishing there was one ,it would make life so much easier .I look forward to the Serbs and Vlach perhaps it would be better to wait till all this can come together .What are the Turks like ?
    Just been having another look at Version 2.0 ,I think i'll wait his Units are exellent haven't seen Turks or Hungarians but the Serbian and Roman units look exellent ,dont know about all factions .You shall have to make your mod for the new version ,got to play it
    Last edited by Constantius; February 22, 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Signature made by Joar

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

There are two Turkish factions in original PDER and in my sub mod the same. Great Seljuks and Turks of Rum.
    In my sub mod Seljuks sultan is Alp Arslan himself, and Rum sultan is Suleyman. You will have the chance to face them both in first turn, at battle of Manzikert, if You will play as Romans. Also, on the battlefield, You will see the lake Van and the fortress, wich were written in historical descriptions of the event.

Exellent ! I never play as the Seljuks always Romans (or on ChivII sometimes Ras or Kiev ) but I like the enemy to look the part also .Do you get to make the fateful decsion to split the army ?

Signature made by Joar

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

If You mean about the Manzikert, army is already spliten! One army is led by Romanos, Frankish mercenaries are led by Ursel de Baileul and the reserve is under Andronikos Doukas. So the stage is set, all You have to do is attack army under Alp Arslan, or flee to nearby fortress of Theodosopolis, where Nikephoros Bryenios is with the western army.

Beagler's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Naaman View Post
    Tell me please, did You manage to defend Georgia against Mongols?
    Since they arrived so early I did not have time to build much of a kingdom (just three regions) and my tech was no where comparable to the Mongols. That being the case, I must admit to the judicious use of the auto_win cheat to help me hold them off.

Justinian17's Avatar Laetus

Here is the log and yes I'm still excited to try out your sub mod. PDER is currently one of my favorite mods and I am a big supporter of Byzantium. We'll figure this out.
    Last edited by Justinian17; February 23, 2010 at 10:37 PM.

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
    Since they arrived so early I did not have time to build much of a kingdom (just three regions) and my tech was no where comparable to the Mongols. That being the case, I must admit to the judicious use of the auto_win cheat to help me hold them off.
    Yes, Divine intervention is always welcome . But seriously You could delay invasion by changing the date. I never try to play as Georgians, but definitely Mongols arrive to soon if You play Georgians.

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian17 View Post
    Here is the log and yes I'm still excited to try out your sub mod. PDER is currently one of my favorite mods and I am a big supporter of Byzantium. We'll figure this out.
    We need to coordinate. I will be online after 9pm CET. If You could be online same time, that would be great because we can work faster when together online, to crush that damn CTD, rather then posting day by day. If it is OK with You?

I got the CBUR files to start with WAS going add them to Chiv II just for myself ,then get permission to add them here .But ia m afraid its beyond me i haven't got a clue ,now my Chiv II doesn't work .So i guess we 'r going to have to wait !

Signature made by Joar

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Chivalry II has interesting Roman units, and some of them are from CBUR. I've played this very very good mod. But AI is not so challenging as in PDER. Also the map is not so good as in PDER. Units are better. Maybe some hybrid mod will be exelent?!

Beagler's Avatar Foederatus

I never try to play as Georgians, but definitely Mongols arrive to soon if You play Georgians.
    Other than the early Mongol arrival, I am having a blast playing Georgia. Now that the Mongol horde has been tamed my only current enemy are the Blue Seljuks, and I am slowly expanding southward at their expense. It is now 1120 and not a single CTD.

Chivalry II has interesting Roman units, and some of them are from CBUR. I've played this very very good mod. But AI is not so challenging as in PDER. Also the map is not so good as in PDER. Units are better. Maybe some hybrid mod will be exelent?!
    Well what i was thinking was adding some units of CBUR the Skoutatoi sword and spear ,Castophilakae and Pronoirii etc ,some of the Seljuk rosta from Chiv II and The Serbs and Bulgarians ,but its all way beyond me ,I'v been experimenting all day LOOK i'v even messed up my signiture

Signature made by Joar

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Beagler View Post
    Other than the early Mongol arrival, I am having a blast playing Georgia. Now that the Mongol horde has been tamed my only current enemy are the Blue Seljuks, and I am slowly expanding southward at their expense. It is now 1120 and not a single CTD.
    Really really good to hear that. I also didn't get CTDs when playing, and I was doing that for some months before releasing sub mod. How are Romans standing?

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by constantius View Post
    from Chiv II and The Serbs and Bulgarians ,
    We're thinking the same . Many many times I wanted to smash my machine and never to play it again. But tomorow is a new day .

Yeah its all weird to me ,I'v been reading tutorials all day but it never seems to make sense ,all i want is the perfect Roman campaign ,proper Roman historical units and proper histrorical opponents ,it doesn't seem to much to ask ,does it ?

Signature made by Joar

Naaman's Avatar Libertus

Yes, that is not to much to ask. Maybe if there is some time-machine to get back into Medieval times and to taste some battle for real?
    I'm just kidding, don't get offended.
    We will get to perfection soon enough, I promise You that.
    By the way, did You finally try to play my sub mod?

Not yet i'v been ruining ChivII all day ,tommorow got go to work ,but should be able to let you know thursday ,i'm looking forward to it ,the family tree's place names etc sounds excellent .If only i had ability to put in some units .... I think i am more likely to invent time machine than ,sucessfuly mod !

Signature made by Joar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast